AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 18:28   Link #101
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Nanoha used this move on Reinforce in As, so it's not even a case of testing... they already know it works.
Strike Flame.
Old 2007-08-26, 18:37   Link #102
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
I got signed up on Nico just to see this...

They should've re-named this episode
Spoiler:

I hope Dr.Doctor is not planning on doing the Ginga thing on Fate...Cause bricks will be thrown! Not that she is full of hard drives or anything!!!
Old 2007-08-26, 18:42   Link #103
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Yeah, despite our urges to see Fate in a glass jar. It just not worth having fate turned against everyone.
Old 2007-08-26, 18:56   Link #104
princesa_Ameria

Send a message via MSN to princesa_Ameria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
I got signed up on Nico just to see this...

They should've re-named this episode
Spoiler:

I hope Dr.Doctor is not planning on doing the Ginga thing on Fate...Cause bricks will be thrown! Not that she is full of hard drives or anything!!!
Spoiler for possibly the fight it can to happen again
:
Old 2007-08-26, 19:06   Link #105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, I think Jail is going to torture her...

...By retelling his long ass history, of all the hows and whys.

To an extend, he's torturing us as well.
Old 2007-08-26, 19:10   Link #106
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Cap dump
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=291

I was pretty underimpressed with the episode to be honest. The glaringly awful animation stood out a couple times, especially towards the end, and I have a hard time taking Fate's predicament seriously since last we saw, Scach was all of half a dozen meters under her. I'm not even convinced that even is Scaglietti either, what with a shapeshifting claw user still unaccounted for. How many people with claws can they have in one show?

I'm pretty sure I'd also have been a lot happier if Lulu was actually going to join the good guys more voluntarily and less because the Numbers decided to use her as a ragdoll. *shrug*
Old 2007-08-26, 20:40   Link #107
Aaron008R

Just watched the rest of the RAW.

1)If Fate's muttering about finishing things quickly due to AMF, shouldn't she have ignored Scaglietti and go on a rampage? Dr. Orange sure knows how to get under her skin.

2)Ginga's Revolver Drill really works well... 0_0

3)Zest's device CAN load cartridges after all. It's at the base.

4)Plus, his device seems to have a knack of cutting up other Armed Devices. He sliced Signum's scabbard like a sharp knife through a steak! 0_0

5)Agito/Zest moment. I didn't get the most part, but I think Zest is talking about how Agito would be better off with Signum as her Lord/Unison partner. As usual, Agito is extremely supportive dere-dere over Zest.

6)Nanoha's plowing through a gamut of Type-3's. Then she proceeds to reminisce about Vivio playing with Arf. She seems to want to leave Vivio in proper care because of the dangers of her job.

7) Strike Flame and the rest of the dodging could have been animated
better.

8) Time before arrival of the Cradle to destination area: 1 hour and 44 minutes.

9)Preview: It's time for the Stars to shine. And Nanoha seemed to to already be on the control room... Where's Dieci?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-08-26 at 21:17.
Old 2007-08-26, 21:09   Link #108
lightl

1 can look forward towards the DVD version atteast
but pretty good episode despite the hicup in animation
Old 2007-08-26, 21:51   Link #109
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Is it just me, or does the episode's audio cut off momentarily during Quattro's talk with Lutecia?

As for episode: The whole befriending thing by the two kids is SO annoying. Not only does it work for some reason, they say "Lu-chan" and "Garyuu". What happened to honorifics, oi?!

Two more things:

It seems Ginga isn't mute after all. She talked...

Why did the producers and co. decide to place a two minute flashback on Vivio? Don't they realize that there are quite a number of people that blame Vivio for ruining the show? Or the fact that we already get the fact that Vivio and Nanoha get along? They need to show some Teana battling (though I assume they put the fight on "hiatus" so someone can save her) and Cinque and Due. Geez, they introduced Due, gave her a few minutes, and discarded her... She isn't even updated on the official website.

One more thing:

The preview's very energetic tone annoyed me too.

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-08-26 at 22:05.
Old 2007-08-26, 21:59   Link #110
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at least with the scabbard cut up they have an excuse when Signum doesn't use Storm Falcon. Unless she's going to use recovery to fix it up. Was hoping more from those two fighting unless it isn't over yet. Since right now the OP had a better match between them

Those in charge better remember the fights are all they have left in this series so better make them work. Let's get the befriending over and move on to blasting everything.
Old 2007-08-26, 22:00   Link #111
Key Board
Carbon

After watching this far I have to say this

I have the impression that StrikerS originally had 18~20 episodes worth of story, but was artificially stretched into 26 episodes. It shows.

I don't know if I have to blame the writter or director. But for me it almost merits a "punch someone over the internet button" to be invented
Old 2007-08-26, 22:09   Link #112
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
After watching this far I have to say this

I have the impression that StrikerS originally had 18~20 episodes worth of story, but was artificially stretched into 26 episodes. It shows.

I don't know if I have to blame the writter or director. But for me it almost merits a "punch someone over the internet button" to be invented
And some aspects of it aren't even done properly.

I mean, are we supposed to take Lightning-Lutecia seriously? It felt so...forced. They barely know each other. It was like like they realized with the amount of development they gave both parties and their interaction (( both are inadequate compared to Stars/Vivio )), conventional befriending would seem contrived, so they pulled an even more contrived plot-device.

At least Agito defecting should Zest loses would be believable to a degree. Signum barely knows him, but I suppose the "knight's promise/pride" thing can be pulled, and Zest can use the "I don't know you, I merely used you" talk to Agito to make Agito look innocent in their crimes, or something to that extent where Agito would respect his dying wishes.

~~~

On the topic of Vivio flashbacks, my biggest beef with her was how she's repetitively used as a device to reinforce what we already know. Nanoha/Fate are good friends? Yawn. We already know they're close enough to sleep together 10 episodes back.

Thus far, it doesn't even look like her origins will remotely matter one bit other than being used to fuel Nanoha-drama. That itself isn't bad, but it wasn't worth the time spent on her.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-26, 22:25   Link #113
Key Board
Carbon

team lightning's interaction with Lutecia is understandable if you remember that they are idealistic ten years old and it's a nanoha staple

Nanoha did it years ago to the wolkenritter with her persistent queries, so I can see it happening now.

Regarding Vivio. To me, it was obvious that she was the token shounen kidnapped heroine in the making, so it didn't bother me that much.

This could pass as a Bleach story arc, actually, with Cradle being Hueco Mundo/Soul Society, Numbers being Arrancars/Shinigami Captains and Vivio being Rukia/Orihime

And did I ever have much expectations of those type of characters other than being plot devices? Not at all.

I do hope that it all leads to some closure for Nanoha's character in the end, though.
Old 2007-08-26, 22:44   Link #114
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Hey guys, I've got an idea: seasons 1 and 2 were 13 episodes long each, so let's say season 3 is also 13 episodes long, and forget about the second half.
Old 2007-08-26, 22:50   Link #115
Key Board
Carbon

No, I can see that it definitely would take more than 13 episode to effectively tell the story of StrikerS

but I see no reason why it had to force it to 26 episodes

weren't there some 20 episode anime in the past? what's wrong with non standard numbering?
Old 2007-08-26, 23:11   Link #116
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
They could have cut down those stretched training episodes or the abundance of vivio's scenes.

Longer series ..more dvd more money (maybe)
Old 2007-08-26, 23:12   Link #117
Key Board
Carbon

A few intermission episodes could have been fused into one episode
Old 2007-08-26, 23:54   Link #118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Why did the producers and co. decide to place a two minute flashback on Vivio? Don't they realize that there are quite a number of people that blame Vivio for ruining the show? Or the fact that we already get the fact that Vivio and Nanoha get along?
Just making it easier to discard the whole yuri business next time

There's already a scapegoat to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
They could have cut down those stretched training episodes or the abundance of vivio's scenes.

Longer series ..more dvd more money (maybe)
And more focus on other characters....
Old 2007-08-26, 23:56   Link #119
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Darco here:

Anyways I do agree with KeyBoard, Eps like 13-15 could indeed be able to cut down to at least 2 eps instead of 3. Also while it is fair to have few training Eps at the start of the series, I find those should never carried on after the half way mark.

Even this late in the series as Liingo pointed out to me after we watched this Ep it did not appears to move forward much at all in terms of development. Just hopefully that last few eps brings this to a satisfactory end.
Old 2007-08-27, 00:02   Link #120
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Darco here:

Anyways I do agree with KeyBoard, Eps like 13-15 could indeed be able to cut down to at least 2 eps instead of 3. Also while it is fair to have few training Eps at the start of the series, I find those should never carried on after the half way mark.
I also want to add that after the first two or so training episodes, there rest of them are pointless.

They don't learn anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Even this late in the series as Liingo pointed out to me after we watched this Ep it did not appears to move forward much at all in terms of development. Just hopefully that last few eps brings this to a satisfactory end.
I had hoped the it would be Lightning's turn in terms of developments after the half mark...

That's why I put up with Stars.
Closed Thread