AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-19, 22:29   Link #341
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Just a small question...

Does anyone know what year both ToAru stories are supposed to be set in?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-03-19, 22:32   Link #342
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Just a small question...

Does anyone know what year both ToAru stories are supposed to be set in?
Why sure, it's 20XX.

No, seriously.
Old 2010-03-19, 22:43   Link #343
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's supposed to happen in the year 200X. Remember that one cover of Dengeki Bunko shown in Railgun actually has Shana in the cover.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-20, 03:16   Link #344
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

That's the studio, not actual timeline. You might as well say that Ohashi High is in the City, or that the City is really Misaki City because JC Staff put in all the references from its other Dengeki adaptations.
Old 2010-03-20, 04:56   Link #345
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Actually the series takes place in Next Sunday AD in other words present day. The only difference between our world and the To Aru world is the fact magic exist and there's a technologically advance city 30 years ahead of its time located at Western Tokyo.
Old 2010-03-20, 06:02   Link #346
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't forget, England is still ruled by a monarchy.
Old 2010-03-20, 06:24   Link #347
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

But the English Channel Tunnel's there already. Okay, Next Sunday AD is a more acceptable setting.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-20, 07:31   Link #348
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't forget, England is still ruled by a monarchy.
Actually the Royal family only rules anything involving magic while the Knights deal with magic within the British military and the Necessarions (Yeah, thats what i calling them) deal with magic within the British religious community.
Old 2010-03-20, 08:14   Link #349
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Actually the Royal family only rules anything involving magic while the Knights deal with magic within the British military and the Necessarions (Yeah, thats what i calling them) deal with magic within the British religious community.
Strange, I was under the impression that those three factions were the ones controlling Britian.
Old 2010-03-20, 08:40   Link #350
tsunade666

they really control it but maybe they just set certain rules and set rules for certain field they deal with because with 3 control towers wouldn't it be confusing? and isn't it one will try to eliminate the others to control all controls? but with a set rules on which they should deal with then their will be no problems in chain of commands and no arguments too.
Old 2010-03-20, 09:13   Link #351
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Strange, I was under the impression that those three factions were the ones controlling Britian.
They do within Britain's magical world. Each of the three powers represent one part of the British magic community with the Royal family representing the British nobility, The Knights representing the British magic Armed forces and Necessarius representing Britain's religious magic community.
Old 2010-03-20, 09:47   Link #352
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 7, Between the lines 1
The command system in England rests on three equal powers.

The ‘British Royal Family’ composed of the Queen and her committee.

The ‘Knights of England’ made up of its leader and knights.

The ‘Puritans’ formed by the Archbishop and the believers.

The relationship between these three is as follows:

The ‘British Royal Family’ controls the ‘Knights of England’ through orders;

The ‘Knights of England’ makes use of the ‘Puritans’ through political items;

The ‘Puritans’ manipulate the ‘British Royal Family’ through Holy advice.

The trinity formed by the three powers create a sense of unparalleled beauty. Once one of the members were to act on its own, the other two sides will create a large commotion through several means, and prevent them from acting on it. However, the reason why Britain has the ‘Most complicated Christian culture in the world’ isn’t just because of this.

There you go, the relationship between the three powers controlling England. So far, aside from these 3 factions, I haven't heard of anyone else controlling the country.
Old 2010-03-22, 18:51   Link #353
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

No Prime Minister Brown? Hmm... I wonder if democracy even came to power, or was there a French Revolution to begin with...
Old 2010-03-22, 19:44   Link #354
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
No Prime Minister Brown? Hmm... I wonder if democracy even came to power, or was there a French Revolution to begin with...
Democracy is subjective/utopic theme if you ask me, well in the toaruverse is a bit hard to say, but just look at the vol.20 Carrisa was attacking Versalles.
Old 2010-03-23, 05:52   Link #355
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Democracy is subjective/utopic theme if you ask me, well in the toaruverse is a bit hard to say, but just look at the vol.20 Carrisa was attacking Versalles.
I think there is a prime minister except the PM isn't involve with Britains magical affairs. Also here's somethings you should know about the British Armed Forces. While the UK Military may take orders from the PM, they only do so by the approval of the Queen since the UK forces swear their allegiance to the Royal Family not the British Parliament so if the PM goes power mad or something, the UK Forces can disobey the PM and arrest the PM if the Queen orders so. So what Carrisa did is actually legal.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-03-23 at 11:02.
Old 2010-03-23, 10:05   Link #356
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Then what's in place to prevent the Royal Family from messing with the Parliament using the RAF?

I'm not exactly saying democracy is a must, but to have noble bigwigs holding the reigns of 21st century militaries and not have public backlash, somewhere in their history, some things must've been lost because said nobles wield a magic not found in our world.

I'm just curious as to what might've been lost. I love writing fics of this sort; exploring differences between the fictional world and ours. XD
Old 2010-03-23, 11:12   Link #357
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

stop comparing ours with theirs kha. the changes in history go waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy back.
Old 2010-03-23, 11:28   Link #358
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

They can't. The Royal Family can't mess with Parliament eversince the implementation of Magna Carta, the events of English Civil War and the Glorious Revolution, the royal family has agree under the Bill of Rights of 1689 that Britain will become constitutional monarchy with the head of the Royal family may become King or Queen of the Britain as long as they don't interfere with Parliament, who will run the country.

Basically both the Prime Minister or the King/Queen can be depose or arrested by the government depending on the circumstances. If The King/Queen tries to insert their power in government affairs like demanding the Divine rights of Kings or something, Parliament can arrest the King/Queen for being power hungry but if the Prime Minister is being corrupt and power hungry, the army can arrest the PM by orders of the King/Queen for breaking the laws of what a PM can and cannot do.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-03-23 at 12:30.
Old 2010-03-23, 12:24   Link #359
Miraluka
Banned

What happened with the King in Toaru world????? Is he dead?
Old 2010-03-23, 12:32   Link #360
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What happened with the King in Toaru world????? Is he dead?
Queen Elizzard is an expy of our world's Queen Elizabeth the 2nd. Hence why there is no King.

Tags
q&a