AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-06, 10:25   Link #541
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As was said before, it's going to be one of the, if not the top-grossing anime TV series of the year in disc sales alone (pending how future volumes hold up). Do fans really need "something [else] to be happy about"? (Sequel demanding nearly double the total investment has 30% less sales of the previous TV series, and it's like the sky is falling... )
Top grossing or not, most people will look at the easy to find DVD numbers that are all over the place and compare/rank it with other shows/bake-nise and will say it doesn't sold well as before. It is just how it is. Only a handful of people will care to look at the gross profits unless this was a movie or you're a fan or a curious man wondering about why the sudden drop in sales. Sky is falling? more like flying high as usual.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 22:22   Link #542
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Top grossing or not, most people will look at the easy to find DVD numbers that are all over the place and compare/rank it with other shows/bake-nise and will say it doesn't sold well as before. It is just how it is. Only a handful of people will care to look at the gross profits unless this was a movie or you're a fan or a curious man wondering about why the sudden drop in sales. Sky is falling? more like flying high as usual.
Well, as I said before, this just points more to the very shallow/narrow view of fandom's interest in metrics. It's like people who rank things by volume 1 sales, but fail to consider if volume 1 may have been heavily-discounted (or included an unusually-appealing bonus) and the remaining volumes sold half as much or less. Context is a lot more important than numbers alone. Even if that's "just how it is", it doesn't mean I'm going to stop being annoyed by it.
Old 2013-12-08, 04:26   Link #543
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, as I said before, this just points more to the very shallow/narrow view of fandom's interest in metrics. It's like people who rank things by volume 1 sales, but fail to consider if volume 1 may have been heavily-discounted (or included an unusually-appealing bonus) and the remaining volumes sold half as much or less. Context is a lot more important than numbers alone. Even if that's "just how it is", it doesn't mean I'm going to stop being annoyed by it.
You'll be annoyed for a long time. The last volume of the series will be on sale not until September next year. Until then, you'll hear a lot of not so good remarks from the community and fans alike about the sales. Patience is a virtue they say. I hope you have lots in store.

Oh and good thing you're not in Japan, the sales backlash is harsh and will continue to do so until Shingeki is done with its own sales (comparisons) and this series itself.
Old 2013-12-08, 06:23   Link #544
Shikijin

Quote:
Oh and good thing you're not in Japan, the sales backlash is harsh and will continue to do so until Shingeki is done with its own sales (comparisons) and this series itself.
That comparison is not fair because the more a series goes on, the more the sales decline. Some people lose interest in the series, some people would buy the DVD/BD box, some maybe don't even follow anime anymore. You shouldn't compare Shingeki to Monogatari S2. You should compare how well the series of Shingeki that will air four years from now fares.

(btw I like Shingeki)
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 06:34   Link #545
DorkingtonPugsly

Yeah also shingeki is just riding it's massive wave of hype and it's also huge here in the states as well which the monogatari series never really was.
Old 2013-12-08, 06:40   Link #546
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
That comparison is not fair because the more a series goes on, the more the sales decline. Some people lose interest in the series, some people would buy the DVD/BD box, some maybe don't even follow anime anymore. You shouldn't compare Shingeki to Monogatari S2. You should compare how well the series of Shingeki that will air four years from now fares.

(btw I like Shingeki)
Comparing shingeki and monogatari S2 anime seems fair if you point out factors such as it aired on the same year, same two cours, same late night timeslot and DVD averages and gross profits of DVD sales in an overall sense. Other than those I don't see any reason to compare the two.

(btw I like Shingeki too)
Old 2013-12-08, 09:12   Link #547
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
The comparison is whether Shingeki's popularity stands the test of time. Monogatari still has reasonable popularity even after more than 4 cours worth of episodes. Meaning it has withstood and maintained a level of popularity since Bakemonogatari that is above average. Will Shingeki be able to do the same is the question.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 04:41   Link #548
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Nekoshiro's first volume is out of stock on the big stores like amazon. Their direct store at aniplex are out of stock for the first two volumes.

It is safe to say that they're restricting their shippings according to best possible exact demand which is at roughly 45,000 dvd and bluray combined.

Which is clear that it would not beat Shingeki's average sales and aniplex/shaft are well aware of the situation. Monogatari's consistent topseller record is now broken.

Their only hope is event tickets added to the next volumes and of course Nadeko.
Old 2013-12-13, 05:10   Link #549
zato_1one

Quote:
Nekoshiro's first volume is out of stock on the big stores like amazon. Their direct store at aniplex are out of stock for the first two volumes.

It is safe to say that they're restricting their shippings according to best possible exact demand which is at roughly 45,000 dvd and bluray combined.

Which is clear that it would not beat Shingeki's average sales and aniplex/shaft are well aware of the situation. Monogatari's consistent topseller record is now broken.

Their only hope is event tickets added to the next volumes and of course Nadeko.
You make it sounds like a disaster. I don't think that they really care about the top rank sell as long as it's still profitable.

By the way, I can't remember any released of Monogatari has event ticket before. What's this event ticket about? But to be honest, I think that event ticket can significantly boost sell only for fujoshi based series.
Old 2013-12-13, 06:04   Link #550
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
You make it sounds like a disaster. I don't think that they really care about the top rank sell as long as it's still profitable.

By the way, I can't remember any released of Monogatari has event ticket before. What's this event ticket about? But to be honest, I think that event ticket can significantly boost sell only for fujoshi based series.
What? No. It is not anywhere near a disaster. Second season will likely have the highest gross profits of DVDs for this year beating SnK. The problem is only a small people look at gross profits and many people look at sales numbers. Can't help that.

I'm just saying their record of getting the top average sales every time it airs is broken by shingeki and all of the blurays are sold out.

No. Monogatari have never released an event ticket. Just bonus goods. And no, event tickets not only help fujoshi based series but almost all shows.
Old 2014-01-21, 05:56   Link #551
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Smexy otori up bluray cover.
Old 2014-01-21, 08:59   Link #552
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

hope we won't get anymore weird changes like we got in kabuki bds.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 09:05   Link #553
GDB

It's SHAFT. That's a hopeless hope.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 13:59   Link #554
Casarial

found this today... Does anyone has some more info about that figurine? Hope they will sell it somewhere (I'm not sure if this is right tread for this question tho... ) MOD EDIT: moved to correct thread.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-02-09 at 17:47.
Casarial is offline   Reply With Quote