AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-11, 17:04   Link #61
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Honestly, this is not good.
Spoiler for Ike's Confession:
It's like what? October?
Old 2007-11-11, 17:06   Link #62
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Honestly, this is not good.
Spoiler for Ike's Confession:
It's like what? October?
plan ends in failure obviously. Isn't it sad Ike-kun?
Old 2007-11-11, 17:07   Link #63
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
plan ends in failure obviously. Isn't it sad Ike-kun?
Yeah, but still, it's too early.
Old 2007-11-11, 17:16   Link #64
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Yeah, but still, it's too early.
oh come on, the SnS romance component has always been about the attempts at relationships and the inevitable failures. Not like its limited to Shana and Yuji. (Ogata and Eita have already proved that >.>)

Ike's going to try and fail next week, and then try again later in the season. But none of that particularly matters right now. The interest in the confession isn't the outcome, but in how Ike fails and hopefully what that says about him as a character. (well, unless of course this is where the series shifts gears again and something bad happens ...)
Old 2007-11-11, 17:46   Link #65
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Hmm good ep.. Finally we get a resolution to Yoshida's and Shana's jealousy... Although I though the title was bit deceiving as it said "the night before an Ordeal" I was thinking the ordeal would be something greater but it only turned out to be a test lol.. The next ep looks interesting, as we finally see Ike make his move.
Old 2007-11-11, 18:18   Link #66
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
oh come on, the SnS romance component has always been about the attempts at relationships and the inevitable failures. Not like its limited to Shana and Yuji. (Ogata and Eita have already proved that >.>)

Ike's going to try and fail next week, and then try again later in the season. But none of that particularly matters right now. The interest in the confession isn't the outcome, but in how Ike fails and hopefully what that says about him as a character. (well, unless of course this is where the series shifts gears again and something bad happens ...)
It would really be terrible for him if he turned out to be a Torch, got rejected by Yoshida, and burned out a second afterwards in angst right in front of her.
Old 2007-11-11, 18:22   Link #67
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
It would really be terrible for him if he turned out to be a Torch, got rejected by Yoshida, and burned out a second afterwards in angst right in front of her.
I'm pretty sure Ogata talking to Ike this week eliminates that possibility.
Old 2007-11-11, 18:22   Link #68
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
uh... actually...

Spoiler for ugotit:

On a side note, are you Vietnamese?
Old 2007-11-11, 18:28   Link #69
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
As for Ike's confession...

Spoiler:
Oh, yeah. I guess that means that absolutely no progress will be made until Christmas. In the meantime, we have plenty of rehashed love square filler to tide us over....

That Ike scene in the OP... that was my moment of hope that we'd get past this, but now I realize the dark side.
Old 2007-11-11, 18:48   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta be tough for Ike. Going into the next episode without a chance for success. But guess since he doesn't know he doesn't have a chance it'll be fine...maybe. Possibly teaching a lesson that you don't need a big plan for confessing, just have to do it.

Should be something to see though. Good luck to him anyways.
Old 2007-11-11, 19:07   Link #71
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
9/10

I quite enjoyed the episode, but it still lacked action. The only reason I'm giving this a nine is because I hope this love square thing will end next episode, now that Shana isn't being emo anymore.
Old 2007-11-11, 19:21   Link #72
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I forgot to say in my thoughts about this epi +1 to Yoshida for her honourable act at the end.

I wish jealousy was so easy to get over.
Old 2007-11-11, 19:31   Link #73
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
uh... actually...

Spoiler for ugotit:

On a side note, are you Vietnamese?
I'm three-quarters Vietnamese and a quarter French.

Torches don't disappear immediately. Some could take years depending on their burnout rate.

Satou's place is remarkably clean despite the fact that he nor Keisaku nor Margery does the cleaning. Think they could conscript Wilhelmina in case their maid quits?

I wonder who Shana faced when she held the blue lightsaber for ep7...
Old 2007-11-11, 19:40   Link #74
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Gotta be tough for Ike. Going into the next episode without a chance for success. But guess since he doesn't know he doesn't have a chance it'll be fine...maybe. Possibly teaching a lesson that you don't need a big plan for confessing, just have to do it.
I think that Ike will fail, get eaten and become a torch and in the few days he has left:

Yuji will realise that just coz he is has warped into dense boy, the rest of the world will still carry on and he will regret not making a decision on his relationship (messing it up for Ike) and on his carelessness in regards to the tomogara.

Yoshida will regret the chance she had a getting love and strive even harder to get Yuji and maybe even go to the dark side to get her goal.

Ike will wonder wtf is up with these two and why are they being so nice to him....
Old 2007-11-11, 19:45   Link #75
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I think that Ike will fail, get eaten and become a torch and in the few days he has left:

Yuji will realise that just coz he is has warped into dense boy, the rest of the world will still carry on and he will regret not making a decision on his relationship (messing it up for Ike) and on his carelessness in regards to the tomogara.

Yoshida will regret the chance she had a getting love and strive even harder to get Yuji and maybe even go to the dark side to get her goal.

Ike will wonder wtf is up with these two and why are they being so nice to him....
I think Yoshida would have to hook up with him. Kinda like a pity thing.
Old 2007-11-11, 19:50   Link #76
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
I'm three-quarters Vietnamese and a quarter French.

Torches don't disappear immediately. Some could take years depending on their burnout rate.

Satou's place is remarkably clean despite the fact that he nor Keisaku nor Margery does the cleaning. Think they could conscript Wilhelmina in case their maid quits?

I wonder who Shana faced when she held the blue lightsaber for ep7...
I was kind of being sarcastic when I said the second after, but yes, torches do tend to take a while to burn out, and Hayato is supposed to be due on Christmas day.

Of course, Keisaku's place is always clean because the writers fail to mention the maid and that we assume that the maid is there. And uh, I don't think Wilhelmina would be interested.

Quote:

Except that this little carnival thing is equivalent to Six Flags Fright Fest... in that it is October that we're talking about right now.

Yuji needs to realize (ooh, spelling error corrected) that he is dense, because his ignorance may be the obstacle point for the next battle. I still think you're right about the Kazumi thing - that she will play real dirty.
Old 2007-11-11, 19:56   Link #77
grey_moon

Quote:
Yuji needs to realize (ooh, spelling error corrected) that he is dense, because his ignorance may be the obstacle point for the next battle. I still think you're right about the Kazumi thing - that she will play real dirty.
I'm British

I'm still having troubles dealing with the disparity between Yuji's battle smarts and his love smarts. They do say that love is war or something like that...
Old 2007-11-11, 20:04   Link #78
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
I'm British

I'm still having troubles dealing with the disparity between Yuji's battle smarts and his love smarts. They do say that love is war or something like that...
Don't tell me that Britain's "realise" is America's "realize".

Well, there is a difference between the physical world and the emotional world, and Yuji has only gotten proper training in the physical world.
Old 2007-11-11, 20:12   Link #79
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure why they were saying that Wilhelmina's training was reaching its limits... Shana's earlier training tended to be a lot of using Yuji like a glorified battery. The meido's tentacle rape attacks seem like they'd be more effective at training Yuji. With the whole attack-from-all-sides thing with multiple ribbons, etc...
Old 2007-11-11, 20:17   Link #80
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
On an unrelated note, I'm not sure why they were saying that Wilhelmina's training was reaching its limits... Shana's earlier training tended to be a lot of using Yuji like a glorified battery. The meido's tentacle rape attacks seem like they'd be more effective at training Yuji. With the whole attack-from-all-sides thing with multiple ribbons, etc...
What Alastor meant was that Wilhelmina would only go for so long training Yuji in Shana's place without a good explanation from Shana (and I somehow doubt "because I'm jealous" was gonna cut it.)
Closed Thread