Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-11, 17:34   Link #361
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakome View Post
I think you are right about the black top. Pretty sure you can see bits of black cloth shredded when they show her armor on the ground. Anyway why are we all going on about the boob armor? Her boobs are too big for a traditional breastplate is my only guess. Another thing is weight, she is pretty small so she'll need to rely on her movement more than armor to protect herself.
Hey, if Lisa is bringing it up a couple of times in the show, I'd think it'd be important.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 17:35   Link #362
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Episode 2 was ok, but clearly episode 3 will be much more important. Hopefully Aria won't disappoint. I do like the little bit I saw of her. Speaking of Aria, I think Cecily should pretend Luke does not exist and focus on Aria instead.
Old 2009-10-11, 18:57   Link #363
carmolita

I just saw this episode today, and the lead guy is kinda hot...does anyone know when the next episode airs?
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 19:26   Link #364
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Episode 2 was ok, but clearly episode 3 will be much more important. Hopefully Aria won't disappoint. I do like the little bit I saw of her. Speaking of Aria, I think Cecily should pretend Luke does not exist and focus on Aria instead.
I am going to laugh if people start liking Cecily because it's yuri all of a sudden.

Anime fans can be a fickle lot. Predictable and yet fickle, that is. Go figure.

Something crossed my mind.

I wonder if Luke's reactions to Cecily's enthusiasm about having a new sword has something to do with the name of the smithy? Liza is the name, if I recall correctly, and Luke acts ambiguously during that discussion on Episode 1.

Even Lisa reacts sadly upon hearing this name. Someone related to Lisa perhaps? It might explain why she's with Luke as his assistant.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 20:01   Link #365
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I find it amazing how so many people are so down on Cecily. She's my favorite character. She tries hard, she's brave, decisive, and energetic. She had no idea her sword was not good enough: it probably was better than many of the cast swords she'd come up against. And she is apparently just beginning her career as a knight. Of course she will get a katana and train with Luke. Luke is just gradually learning to respect her.

The armor is fairly silly, but no more silly than a lot of things people have no trouble with: the whole concept of monsters, for example. That this is such a big sticking point for people amazes me, too. But if you're interested, Googling (as opposed to ogling) "female armor" gives a lot of discussion of such things: for example, that creating a channel in the middle of the chest is a bad thing, since it directs blows upwards to the exposed throat. This appears to be just some minor fanservice gone wrong.

Not that this is a great show, particularly. Pretty average so far, but with some interesting aspects: the forging, the elf, the personal histories of both Luke and Cecily.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 20:40   Link #366
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Ya, its not that Katanas Are Just Better, its because the current world's forging process is so horrible.

That and its a magically forged katana.
Actually, the trope, and the tag, are just referring to something that commonly appears in fiction, particularly fiction aimed at males--Katanas kick but. This is in no way intended to reflect reality, just the shows in question.

As for all the Cecily hate, I have to find it humorous, as she is the only character in the story I like at this point. Going to wattch eps2 tonight, we'll see if it's worth going on to 3
Old 2009-10-11, 20:55   Link #367
FuzzyWuzzy

I hope this is some kind of manga or novel.
Cause episode 2 is really boring. I hope the anime was forced to follow a story already cause I have no idea why they would make such a boring episode.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 21:05   Link #368
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I find it amazing how so many people are so down on Cecily. She's my favorite character. She tries hard, she's brave, decisive, and energetic. She had no idea her sword was not good enough: it probably was better than many of the cast swords she'd come up against. And she is apparently just beginning her career as a knight. Of course she will get a katana and train with Luke. Luke is just gradually learning to respect her.
And I find it amazing that people actually like her character other than her look. Guess we're even.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 21:08   Link #369
Viper764

I'm kind of interested in the way this anime is going. Personally, I think they are purposely showing off Cecilly's inexperience and naivete. If this goes a shounen route, that means she will gradually become stronger and more knowledgeable about the world. I might be wrong, but I think I see hints that the girl she's meant to protect next episode will become her "partner," like Lisa is Luke's. If that's so, she might become a blacksmith like Luke.

On a side-note, I agree with some previous poster about the Katana > any other sword nonsense. Why can't they just say the forging process is superior?
Viper764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 21:38   Link #370
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper764 View Post
On a side-note, I agree with some previous poster about the Katana > any other sword nonsense. Why can't they just say the forging process is superior?
Luke does say it, even if he's factually inaccurate. But the reason it's superior in this show is because everyone else uses molds for swords. I mean, really? Molds? How did their civilization survive this long against demons and monsters?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 22:30   Link #371
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Its probably a special mold...

As for Cecilly, I'm looking forward to her growth as a knight. She has some flaws but I'm hoping she gets a character development as the story progresses.

Anyway, I hope this anime will have 26 episodes. 13 is kinda short.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 22:35   Link #372
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
And I find it amazing that people actually like her character other than her look. Guess we're even.
I like her character better than her looks. Some people just seem to lack calcium these days...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 23:13   Link #373
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I just saw this episode today, and the lead guy is kinda hot...does anyone know when the next episode airs?
You should watch Scrapped Princess (if you have not already). Two of the male characters in it look a lot like Luke, and the setting feels similar.

Lisa, on the other hand, reminds me of Eden's Bowy (not that I'd particularly recommend that to anyone).

I didn't find ep. 2 as good as ep. 1. Sort of like... nothing happened, and then wow, is it over already? Still well worth watching for me, though, because I love the setting and characters.

(disappointed that Cecily had a backup set of armor, though - it was a great opportunity to get rid of it!)
Old 2009-10-11, 23:20   Link #374
Sakome

It was based on a light novel series so I guess the pacing is a bit slow compared to other series for some people. I really hope it gets extended to a 26 episode series or I hope it picks up soon. It did get ported to a manga as the first page shows. Speaking of which does anybody have a raw or scanlation of it?
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 23:31   Link #375
Strange
Incoherent at best.

They probably use the swords more as clubs than anything else. Hard to achieve any sort of sharpness with what is essentially a hunk of steel shaped to resemble a blade.

People go on and on about the boob armor because it looks so ridiculous. Give her a regular shirt and no one would even notice. Hell, give her Luke's clothes and she'd look great. It's also too bad because Cecily is very appealing otherwise--she's pretty.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 23:35   Link #376
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakome View Post
It was based on a light novel series so I guess the pacing is a bit slow compared to other series for some people. I really hope it gets extended to a 26 episode series or I hope it picks up soon. It did get ported to a manga as the first page shows. Speaking of which does anybody have a raw or scanlation of it?
For the novels I found raws...
For the manga only chinese scans...
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 23:44   Link #377
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlight View Post
For the novels I found raws...
For the manga only chinese scans...
If the anime become popular enough, some group might translate the manga to english.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 00:55   Link #378
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper764 View Post
I might be wrong, but I think I see hints that the girl she's meant to protect next episode will become her "partner," like Lisa is Luke's. If that's so, she might become a blacksmith like Luke.
I agree, but I don't think she'll become a blacksmith.

The OP already shows her wielding Aria in sword form, but I would find it too unbelievable if she'll become a blacksmith like Luke. That would take years, whereas she's already on the path of trying to become an accomplished knight.

I say she should stick to the profession she has already chosen first, and try to get better at it before pouring herself into another one entirely all of a sudden.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 06:17   Link #379
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 06:34   Link #380
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
I like what she's wearing there!
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote