AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-17, 04:03   Link #301
ShiroiRyu

Hum ... One little question : I have read some of the definitions on Wikipedia and i will try to know : The one version who is adapted is the first one ? 11 volumes in 2002 to 2006 ? The sequel is with the same heroes ?
For Ferris, when we will know about her past ?
And for the hero :

Spoiler for Light Novel spoiler ?:

Anyways, after the 3rd episode, i'm in love with this anime.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 05:14   Link #302
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Must say i was shocked by how graphic the third episode turned out to be in parts, plus the story telling really went up a notch in the second half. loving where this series is going.
Old 2010-07-17, 05:51   Link #303
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

This series truly is like Slayers. Except they decided to get dead-serious near the beginning of the series and not the end.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 07:24   Link #304
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Personally i found only the first episode to be like Slayers. Once we drove right into the core of the story with this flashback, that quickly disappeared for me. The only likeness with Slayers now would be the fantasy setting.
Old 2010-07-17, 07:51   Link #305
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm guessing that we'll get back to the Slayers-ish kind of apathy and sarcasm from its main characters until things get more serious later on. I think that kind of formula is a proven success in a way. Can't stay tense forever. Which actually kinda makes me wonder how great Slayers could have been if it had a few less food jokes and took itself more seriously.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 08:01   Link #306
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Watched the LQ version of ep 3. Going to get the HQ version when it's out to rewatch the carnage. Easily the best episode and probably got people who were about to give up to pick it up again.

Think the pacing will be slower again in ep 4 though.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 11:11   Link #307
satomianzaki

wow!!! episode 3 is really intense...now really looking forwad to the next one...
first meeting of ferris and ryner...interesting...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 11:25   Link #308
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
It got better, i was about to drop this.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 12:42   Link #309
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Can anyone link me to a place I can get more info on the novels from? Besides wikipedia.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 12:51   Link #310
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Other than wiki there are no other english site that i know of. If you can read chinese then i know of more.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 20:10   Link #311
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
yep. he won't be released until sion somehow becomes king it seems.
still you got to give to sion, I mean the guy was willing to throw all he accomplished out the window for a chance to help Ryner bust out of prison. So expect to see Ryner out of prison in short order when Sion gets into power.
well I doubt that is what your thinking exactly. IMO Sion isn't trying to throw things away but rather considering his options. If somehow he managed to convince Ryner to break out of jail and lay low for a bit, then Sion wouldve just gotten an extremely powerful ally or bargaining chip to aid him in his bid for power. With Ryner on his side, Sion's enemies would think twice before considering an assassination on him
Old 2010-07-18, 01:40   Link #312
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, Episode 3 was quite gory with that massacre Ryner using his powers was pretty cool.
Old 2010-07-18, 03:04   Link #313
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
im guessing the reason Ryner was but into jail is because the country obviously doesnt want the acknowledge the "fabled monster of the Alpha Stigma" is a hero who single handily slaughtered 50 magic knights. You can kind of tell that his jailors were pissed off with Ryner because he interfered with their plan to kill Sion.

As for why the King granted him one request, from what I can see, its to keep Ryner in line. We all know by now that if Ryner wanted to, he could destroy the entire country in less than a day, so obviously he has connections with the king because the king fears him.
I don't think he has to be in jail; rather, he chooses to be in it. He could always bust out of there on his own. Heck, he wouldn't even need Sion's key if he really wanted to escape. Is the key even necessary? Unless the prison somehow has protection from magic (which would still be useless since the Alpha Stigma can probably 'figure' it all out), I question even the idea of keeping him in one.

I think he chooses to stay in jail to avoid getting involved in the war, and to be away from others. By staying in jail, he can also make a deal for Kiefer's freedom. This way, the king gets to keep the entire incident hush-hush, while Ryner gets what he wants.

When Sion becomes king, it seems he will still have to convince Ryner to work for him, and I wonder how he'll be able to finally achieve this.

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-07-18 at 03:27.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 03:14   Link #314
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
When Sion becomes king, it seems he will still have to convince Ryner to work for him, and I wonder how he'll be able to finally achieve this.
That's the biggest mystery right now. We know he won over Ferris by somehow threatening her (holding the dumplings hostage, was it?). I guess he convinces Ryner that this is the path to a country with free afternoon naps.

Side note: I just made the mistake of opening the Wikipedia entry on this property. Someone there is spilling his guts like there's no tomorrow. Spoiler after spoiler, presumably from the novels since none of that is in the anime yet. Don't go there if you want to keep the show even mildly interesting.

Last edited by lightbringer; 2010-07-18 at 03:26.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 04:03   Link #315
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That's the biggest mystery right now. We know he won over Ferris by somehow threatening her (holding the dumplings hostage, was it?). I guess he convinces Ryner that this is the path to a country with free afternoon naps.
I think the answer to that will be nxt ep...it's seems its the time that Ryner will report about the Heroic relics thatz why the tittle Ryner Report...maybe at the same time he'll finally for the first time meet Ferris....hohoho...i wonder how will they react

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 04:07   Link #316
ShiroiRyu

Same if i read the Wikipedia ... :/
I want to know how they did that ...
To read that on a summary, to read that really ... and to show that ...
It's so different. :s
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 04:09   Link #317
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I think the answer to that will be nxt ep...it's seems its the time that Ryner will report about the Heroic relics thatz why the tittle Ryner Report...maybe at the same time he'll finally for the first time meet Ferris....hohoho...i wonder how will they react

Kiefer sneaked into his room at night, but he didn't do anything . I don't think he will react much.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 05:15   Link #318
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Kiefer sneaked into his room at night, but he didn't do anything . I don't think he will react much.
well that maybe it...but base on their conversation in ep1 she thinks Ryner's a hentai....it mostly give that kind of impression on ur first meeting.....probably Ryner's gunna do something hentaish tehe^^

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 05:17   Link #319
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

That sounds promising...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 08:28   Link #320
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Side note: I just made the mistake of opening the Wikipedia entry on this property. Someone there is spilling his guts like there's no tomorrow. Spoiler after spoiler, presumably from the novels since none of that is in the anime yet. Don't go there if you want to keep the show even mildly interesting.
Yeah Wikipedia is known for not going easy when it comes to spoilers. Thanks for the warning anyway, and it's a shame it happened to you.

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen