AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 25 35.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 19.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-26, 21:02   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
So in the end the use of the cross would be beneficial for the city, and it could also speed-up the development of technology...
Sad that the use of it cannot be allowed, because the control of the city would go into the Roman Church's hands.
Well nobody could tell how the cross would affect the city exactly, but yes that's one possibility.

It's a complicating explanation, Tsuchimikado even brought up this story about a man name "San Matorras".

Spoiler:

The way I interpret it is that "Even if bad things happen, people would not recognize it as a bad thing"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 22:06   Link #42
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Anyone else spit out their drink laughing at Kuroko-chan's "Alright!! Mother daughter threesome combo!!" moment?
Old 2010-12-26, 22:24   Link #43
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Anyone else spit out their drink laughing at Kuroko-chan's "Alright!! Mother daughter threesome combo!!" moment?
it was quite the face
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 05:12   Link #44
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm surprised that people don't bring this up... Or maybe the anime didn't make this clear. But the St Peter's Cross does not only protect Christians, it also protects non-christians. Yes in the end it would mostly benefit the Church, but in the mean time everyone would be happy because nothing bad would happen to them, or rather bad things would still happen, but everything would turn out good from them.

If you gamble and lose money, in the long run you'll still win money. If a bomb goes off in a building, there will be nobody injured.
I still want Kanzaki Kaori (I don't know if Accelerator will be useful, though he would probably be), turn Oriana into pieces with her Nanasen! She hurt Himegami afterall!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 10:10   Link #45
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did Kuroko just get a crush on Mikoto's mom? now thats creepy....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 10:14   Link #46
Primary Consult

Quote:
Well nobody could tell how the cross would affect the city exactly, but yes that's one possibility.

It's a complicating explanation, Tsuchimikado even brought up this story about a man name "San Matorras".

Spoiler:

The way I interpret it is that "Even if bad things happen, people would not recognize it as a bad thing"
I wish this explanation had been in the anime, it actually makes complete sense of how:
-the cross benefits the RC Church
-everyone will be "happier"
-this is not really a good thing

The half explanations that are given don't fully paint the picture...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 10:20   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
I wish this explanation had been in the anime, it actually makes complete sense of how:
-the cross benefits the RC Church
-everyone will be "happier"
-this is not really a good thing

The half explanations that are given don't fully paint the picture...
That's where the Anime would have to juggle the two sides- Whether to provide more detailed information, or to keep things short and simple. Even now some people seem to act like any exposition at all in Index would automatically feel long. It's as if no other anime series have ever had an exposition and this is a completely new concept for them to take in.

Anyway they simply just need to say that "The cross would cause any situation to always benefit the Church" Going that much into detail might confuse people even more.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-12-27 at 10:32.
Old 2010-12-27, 10:48   Link #48
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
did Kuroko just get a crush on Mikoto's mom? now thats creepy....
No she just likes everyone one who looks like her onee-sama
Old 2010-12-27, 11:16   Link #49
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I can just picture her finding Mikoto's sisters.... all 10,000 of them.

"Oh, Brave New World, HERE I COME!!"
Old 2010-12-27, 11:37   Link #50
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
That's where the Anime would have to juggle the two sides- Whether to provide more detailed information, or to keep things short and simple. Even now some people seem to act like any exposition at all in Index would automatically feel long. It's as if no other anime series have ever had an exposition and this is a completely new concept for them to take in.

Anyway they simply just need to say that "The cross would cause any situation to always benefit the Church" Going that much into detail might confuse people even more.
that will probably happen next ep
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 13:12   Link #51
HandofFate

This episode was just kind of okay for me, and I enjoyed the last two episodes.
It seemed a bit more disjointed than usual.

More Mikato, seems he's been taking a lot of damage this arc.

Touima says his "I destroy your illusions" catchphrase for the 2nd time at the end of the episode this arc..hopefully he follows up on it.
Old 2010-12-27, 20:57   Link #52
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
I'm surprised that people don't bring this up... Or maybe the anime didn't make this clear. But the St Peter's Cross does not only protect Christians, it also protects non-christians. Yes in the end it would mostly benefit the Church, but in the mean time everyone would be happy because nothing bad would happen to them, or rather bad things would still happen, but everything would turn out good from them.

If you gamble and lose money, in the long run you'll still win money. If a bomb goes off in a building, there will be nobody injured.
Where does it say that the cross will also protect non-christians? I seriously doubt that
History tells us something else as well. As soon a Christians were starting to become a bigger power in Europe, they started bloody persecutions of any non-Christians. Crusades ringing a bell? But all the crusades weren't anything by far, there were bloody persecutions of any non-christians wherever the arm of the christian church could reach. So while Christianity flourished, all other religions and cultures were viciously eviscerated, and the church did whatever it could to wipe them from the face of the earth. They've successfully done this with followers of the Celtic gods, the Norse gods, the Germanic gods, the Roman gods and the Grekk gods - all those were either forcefully converted to Christianity or slaughtered without mercy. After Luther, they persecuted the protestants as much as they could, and then they came up with the Inquisition to easily and conveniently burn all people on the stake who they simply didn't like, even if they were Christians. The terror rule of the Christian church only started to wane with the French Revolution.

If they actually would succeed with setting up that Croce di Pietro in Academic City, history would repeat itself. While it would be very benefical for Christians (Roman Catholics, to be precise), but a disaster for any non-christians who would be recklessly persecuted and either forced to convert or slaughtered, just like back then. Given how the Roman chruch also persecuted any who weren't Roman Catholics, and how they are fighting the different Christian factions also here in the To-aru-verse, non-Roman Christians would be persecuted as well. There would be crusades again, just that they would be much more savage and devastating now with the Roman church having full access to Academic City's technology, on top of their magic. Being that powerful then, could also easily institute another Inquisition.
In short, it would bring about a second Dark Age, which would be much more cruel though due to the church being much more powerful with all that technology and magic, and it would make the first Dark Age look like a love-and-peace event by comparison

It may well be that Oriana has been deluded into thinking that she would actually do something good by the superiors of the Roman church, and that she wouldn't help them if she knew the actual outcome. Her partner (who is trying to erect the cross) rather seems to take part in the delusion of Oriana and probably knows the actual outcome.
Old 2010-12-27, 21:31   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Where does it say that the cross will also protect non-christians? I seriously doubt that
History tells us something else as well. As soon a Christians were starting to become a bigger power in Europe, they started bloody persecutions of any non-Christians. Crusades ringing a bell? But all the crusades weren't anything by far, there were bloody persecutions of any non-christians wherever the arm of the christian church could reach. So while Christianity flourished, all other religions and cultures were viciously eviscerated, and the church did whatever it could to wipe them from the face of the earth. They've successfully done this with followers of the Celtic gods, the Norse gods, the Germanic gods, the Roman gods and the Grekk gods - all those were either forcefully converted to Christianity or slaughtered without mercy. After Luther, they persecuted the protestants as much as they could, and then they came up with the Inquisition to easily and conveniently burn all people on the stake who they simply didn't like, even if they were Christians. The terror rule of the Christian church only started to wane with the French Revolution.

If they actually would succeed with setting up that Croce di Pietro in Academic City, history would repeat itself. While it would be very benefical for Christians (Roman Catholics, to be precise), but a disaster for any non-christians who would be recklessly persecuted and either forced to convert or slaughtered, just like back then. Given how the Roman chruch also persecuted any who weren't Roman Catholics, and how they are fighting the different Christian factions also here in the To-aru-verse, non-Roman Christians would be persecuted as well. There would be crusades again, just that they would be much more savage and devastating now with the Roman church having full access to Academic City's technology, on top of their magic. Being that powerful then, could also easily institute another Inquisition.
In short, it would bring about a second Dark Age, which would be much more cruel though due to the church being much more powerful with all that technology and magic, and it would make the first Dark Age look like a love-and-peace event by comparison
Erm no as in it really does affect non-Christians as well, if anything the cross was meant for non-Christians But in this case, the situation would be that everyone would eventually be persuaded to become Christians, so the scenario where another modern Crusade would not need to occur.

Like the example that Tsuchimikado had given, even though something bad nearly had happen, people would view it as a good thing, and the connection would be made that God is protecting them. It doesn't seem like an immediate process though.

Quote:
It may well be that Oriana has been deluded into thinking that she would actually do something good by the superiors of the Roman church, and that she wouldn't help them if she knew the actual outcome. Her partner (who is trying to erect the cross) rather seems to take part in the delusion of Oriana and probably knows the actual outcome.
Oriana's motives are... Well... It's actually an age old problem.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-27, 22:45   Link #54
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Sheesh... Himeji... Have you read your History books?

In short words, the religion was used as the medium within the story and when time to blame comes the religion ends as the culprit.
What about their leaders and politics?
It's obvious that those feudal lords and the traders disguised as spiritual leaders were behind it.
Didn't you guessed why the christianism was only one in the begin and later became separated into several factions later? I don't what are you trying to prove after some centuries of history .

From the novels, is not spoiler:
Quote:
In Christianity, there’s only one God.
All miracles are managed by this one and only God, so no one will defy against this entity called God. Normally, everyone should be living happily together, and there shouldn’t be anyone living in misery.
However, the reality is a lot different.
It’s obvious when one looks through the history of humanity. The failure of the Crusades, the plague running rampant, the expansion of the Ottoman Empire . This isn’t just an issue about individual happiness anymore; these events have nearly caused the entire continent of Europe to be annihilated.
The Pope himself is not enough to handle all these.
Actually, for Christianity that signifies that ‘God is absolute’, for the Pope, who represents all these, to find someone to talk about this, it is a sign of misfortune.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 22:58   Link #55
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
God, why do I have to suffer for wait until 7 Jan 2011 to find out what's gonna happen NEXT? I mean:

- Will Touma & Stiyl managed to defeat Oriana once and for all?
- If they couldn't, will they ever see her again in the future episodes?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 23:07   Link #56
Miraluka
Banned

I almost forgot this week there won't be episode 13.... OTZ
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 04:41   Link #57
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
God, why do I have to suffer for wait until 7 Jan 2011 to find out what's gonna happen NEXT? I mean:

- Will Touma & Stiyl managed to defeat Oriana once and for all?
- If they couldn't, will they ever see her again in the future episodes?
And one more question, what will happen to Lidvia? Yes, I know the answer, but I'm not telling.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 04:51   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lidvia doesn't feel very prominent in this story because not only is she not doing anything, but the anime didn't explore her 'work history' and character. So she's just another minor villain boss character... Then again, it's not a very special personality either- Unique as it may be, so no great lost there.
Old 2010-12-28, 05:18   Link #59
outerelf

Well... I finally managed to watch the episode (siblings hanging around wanting to watch other shows and no headphones that work well)

I have to say:

Orsola, how on earth did you get the wrong number? What kind of insane number dialing method do you use to get not Stiyl, but Tsuchimikado, whose phone has an entirely different area code from the one Stiyl ought to be using?
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 05:22   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Well... I finally managed to watch the episode (siblings hanging around wanting to watch other shows and no headphones that work well)
Other... Shows...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Orsola, how on earth did you get the wrong number? What kind of insane number dialing method do you use to get not Stiyl, but Tsuchimikado, whose phone has an entirely different area code from the one Stiyl ought to be using?
My guess is that Stiyl bought another phone for his use in Japan... Considering how often he travels over to to see Ind- I mean, for business.

...But I think yours is a better story heh so I'll stick with it.