AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 13:35   Link #661
August138

You really need to join the discussion on the Starblazers.com Official Facebook Community, because we've already been discussing these things (and a whole lot more) in detail...

I posted, "Yaretora/Yaentry is the Operational Staff Officer under Shultz, overseeing Planet Bombing and Reflection Gun operations on the Pluto Base... Mizera (last name, 'Cerestera') is not a true-blooded Gamilas either, and hails from the Planet Juress (or Zuress)."
Old 2012-06-24, 00:04   Link #662
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am traveling at present and haven't quite come to terms with Facebook (for good or ill). Guess I'm still a little bit in the last decade on some things.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:14   Link #663
August138

It's a good reason to catch up — or peruse starblazers.com!
Old 2012-06-26, 03:30   Link #664
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

[Click to view larger image]

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 05:49   Link #665
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

I know we have 5x cheese cake available to use here, but man! I can't get over how good Yamamoto looks in black!

Also, it looks like we got a...better view of cheeky Medic girls outfit. From this angle, it looks like a leotard with a skirt on it.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 14:09   Link #666
macdawson

Fan service seems to be more liberal this time. Skin tight outfits and brief Yuki "nudity" for the guys, naked Dessler for the gals. And i'm not refering to the usual fan made art, there is a scene with Dessler in a pool in his palace where, if not for properly darkened water, the big blue one is wearing only his birthday suit. I can hear the wave of cries and the gnashing of teeth from the radicals that hated Desslers new design. XDDD
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 01:00   Link #667
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Awesome photo.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:04   Link #668
macdawson

Premiere date for Chapter 3 announced for October 13th. The title will be along the lines of "The Endless Voyage".
Old 2012-06-27, 10:13   Link #669
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A little later than I was hoping for.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:43   Link #670
macdawson

You and me both.
Old 2012-06-27, 23:49   Link #671
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Great image
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 17:05   Link #672
August138

I can't promote my blog here (it's linked in my sig), but the third YAMATO: 2199 film and DVD/BD, "The Endless Voyage", has been announced with respective release dates, details, and episode synopses! The DVD & BD go on sale November 22nd, and the episodes are both familiar and brand-new, with new plots, twists and turns. I can't wait to see these — not to mention Chapter 2 (which opens in Japanese theaters today), but unfortunately, they will not be selling the theater-exclusive DVD/BDs because they caught a problem with the video portion, and they had to be corrected and repressed. Instead, theater-goers can pre-pay for them, and those who purchase in advance will receive the copies by mail starting on July 12th (Bandai Visual is even covering the cost of postage for the inconvenience)!
Old 2012-06-29, 19:00   Link #673
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting. Two of the episodes seem to been nearly the same as their 1974 versions in description. The other two are similar only in the basic setting, the rest of it seems totally different.

There is also that tease at the end of the episode 7 description which can be taken in different ways.
Old 2012-06-30, 16:31   Link #674
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How is the reaction to the new film been from Japan? They still pulling in people even though the limited edition BD will be late getting to them by two weeks?

EDIT:
I also like the little clips from one of the specials that shows a little of the shock cannons on the floating continent but also the very short clip of the two Cosmo Zeros getting ready to launch on their catapults. Nice that they are actually turning then to face a nearly forward vector rather than Kodai's traditional loop to bring the fighter around. But then the Cosmo Falcons also launch tail first so they face in the ship's direction of travel at the start rather than taking off straight out the rear of the vessel like the Black Tigers and Cosmo Tigers use to back in the 1970s.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-06-30 at 19:43. Reason: seen additional clips
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 19:56   Link #675
denshousha

Forgive me if this has already been discussed.
Japanese Wikipedia says the creepy guy with the cat is the reimagined form of the Jupiter Base Commander, nicknamed by Japanese fans as Handsome Commander.
It says he's a guy, but "kinda effeminate" and his name is Saleluya Laleta (サレルヤ・ラーレタ).
denshousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 21:09   Link #676
August138

Cool. I'll check out the Japanese Wikipedia (but remember, Wikipedia is not always 100% reliable), even though one of the folks working on the translations and subtitling for 2199 said that the character was female. It will be interesting to find out once it's been revealed for sure. Cheers!
Old 2012-06-30, 21:21   Link #677
denshousha

Here's the link.
A male voice actor, Hiro Yūki, is listed.
I could totally see how the translator could get confused, if that is indeed what happened.
Or perhaps he thought we were talking about Celestera, who is female.

Some of Kato's men are given names: Toyama, Nishikawa, Sugiyama, and Nemoto. The latter two appeared in the original series and got killed off on Pluto.
denshousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:52   Link #678
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by denshousha View Post
Here's the link.
A male voice actor, Hiro Yūki, is listed.
I could totally see how the translator could get confused, if that is indeed what happened.
Or perhaps he thought we were talking about Celestera, who is female.

Some of Kato's men are given names: Toyama, Nishikawa, Sugiyama, and Nemoto. The latter two appeared in the original series and got killed off on Pluto.
Already checked it out (usually do about every other week); thanks! Cool about the names of Kato's men — hopefully, they'll have given names, eventually, too.
Old 2012-07-04, 10:42   Link #679
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
You really need to join the discussion on the Starblazers.com Official Facebook Community, because we've already been discussing these things (and a whole lot more) in detail...

I posted, "Yaretora/Yaentry is the Operational Staff Officer under Shultz, overseeing Planet Bombing and Reflection Gun operations on the Pluto Base... Mizera (last name, 'Cerestera') is not a true-blooded Gamilas either, and hails from the Planet Juress (or Zuress)."
A fellow poster at Macross World Forums, who has seen the movie, has been kind enough to share a few details with me. Chief among them is the one that puts Yaentry's title into context as well as the actual role of the Reflex Gun.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-05, 13:41   Link #680
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting information.

I'm curious about Episode 4 as that seems to be the one with the least amount of information on it so far.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato