Give the guy some slack, after all his entire family was murdered 56 17.18%
Never liked him, never hated him 81 24.85%
Yeah, I am beginning to hate him now. 45 13.80%
Sasuke deserves to die! A.S.S for life! 89 27.30%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-17, 23:16   Link #421
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Does anyone see this turning into a Goku-Vegeta thing? Sasuke(Vegeta) shows up in Konoha and can't believe how much stronger Naruto(Goku) became. Sasuke(Vegeta) then throws a hissy fit and vows to train and get stronger so he can ultimately defeat Naruto(Goku).

Sasuke probably never bothered to consider Naruto's strength when thinking about crushing Konoha. But now he can't touch anyone, even Danzou(until he does something) and the elders with Naruto around as top dog.
Old 2009-01-17, 23:37   Link #422
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

That's unlikely I think, or rather already the case since a long time.
It is afterall no more than Sasuke witnessing he has no way of hurting Madara at this moment. Contrary to Vegeta who was obsessed with strength for its own sake and then with catching up with Goku in particular, Sasuke has always been obsessed with power to defeat people more powerful than he was in order to reach his goal. It's nothing new to him.

Basically Sasuke has always been faced against greater power, if Naruto stands in his way with enough strength to, at the very least, give him pause, then he will try to gain more power again.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 16:29   Link #423
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sasuke's a real crackpot, he ditched his friends in order to seek power, and when he got a little bit stronger he went ahead and just made new friends...stepping on his own ideals, what's the lad thinking? I guess the whole new Itachi story might have changed him...a little.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 16:59   Link #424
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Personally , in this manga , i don't have a favorite male character (ether in female too )! So , i give Sasuke some slack ....
Wow , Sasuke's haters here XD
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 22:51   Link #425
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I just can't see how it cannot suck.
Soujiro's ideology or Aoishi's wish to fight Kenshin were 100% about strength and so the fact that they were beaten had a clear impact and explained why they changed. But how being beaten by Naruto could possibly change Sasuke's view? It's not like Sasuke is about a "might is right" ideology or something like that.
Spoiler for Kenshin:

If When Naruto beats him it should only mean that Naruto was stronger than him, not that he suddenly has fallen in love with Konoha again and magically don't feel like avenging his clan anymore.
And yet I can almost see the GotE rematch, with Sasuke whining some about Naruto not knowing what true hatred means and Naruto making some ridiculous speech supposed to strike at Sasuke's very soul for a reason known to Kishimoto alone.

If anything I would much rather have Naruto forced to kill Sasuke.
I agree, it would seem kind of forced to have Sasuke give up his vengeance just because Naruto makes a speech. Maybe this is why Kishimoto put in that scene between Naruto and Itachi. We all assumed that Itachi gave Naruto some power to use against Sasuke in battle. But maybe it was actually a message, or something symbolic that will manifest when the time is right and make Sasuke understand things more clearly, and Itachi's using Naruto to pass it on similar to the way Jiraiya used Fukasaku to pass on the info about Pein. That at least would be a little more understandable than Naruto giving the standard speech and Sasuke suddenly coming around.

Anyways, I'm pretty interested to see what's in store for Sasuke now. Before he was sort of just a nin gone rogue, now he's officially a criminal. The Raikage wants his head and after the Kage summit, possibly more villages will be hunting for him. I'm sure Danzou won't be easy prey and Kabuto still has a vendetta. Kira Bee's still out there, and Madara might want Sasuke to finish the job against him. Last but not least, there's Naruto who's not Sasuke's enemy but will be getting in the way and he's not a pushover anymore. Plus, the MS is making him go blind. Life could be very tough for Sasuke in the upcoming chapters.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2009-01-18 at 23:07.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 01:35   Link #426
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sasuke got a good team though, Suigetsu has a lot of potential, Karin's there to heal him and Jougo is leet even in his calm form. If Sasuke changes, it would be when Naruto saves his new friends from the hands of his enemies, because he couldn't do it himself...or something.
Old 2009-01-19, 07:51   Link #427
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Sasuke does have a decent team. And they showed good teamwork during the fight with Kira Bee. Really, I thought Juugo being a berserker would cause some problems for them, but he seems to be able to control himself now.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 12:32   Link #428
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

They seem more like Sasuke's "Phoenix Downs" than a team. Juugo, Karin, and Suigetsu have all been used to save Sasuke's life.

It looks like they all have to be killed so Sasuke snaps out of it. They really serve no other purpose than that. They are there to remind Sasuke of Team 7.
Old 2009-01-19, 13:21   Link #429
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But they're really good kids, except maybe suigetsu and his readiness to kill...but he's a cheery fella! I always thought they'd somehow all come back to konoha and be integrated in it...in the end.
Old 2009-01-20, 09:40   Link #430
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
They seem more like Sasuke's "Phoenix Downs" than a team. Juugo, Karin, and Suigetsu have all been used to save Sasuke's life.

It looks like they all have to be killed so Sasuke snaps out of it. They really serve no other purpose than that. They are there to remind Sasuke of Team 7.
+1 for FF reference.

I agree with you, they did seem like "Phoenix Downs" to me. And they did remind him on Team 7. He remembered that he was not alone with them. I really hope Sasuke has a turn in personality.
Old 2009-01-21, 07:11   Link #431
Josh Uzumaki

i think sasuke is more like riku from kingdom hearts, with naruto being sora and sakura as kairi ^_^ coz like sasuke is cool, but he makes some wrong decicions, and is usually always seen as more powerful and mature than naruto, much like sora and riku
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 07:44   Link #432
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, except he doesn't feel bad for gaining powr using the wrong methods and doesn't come back when his friends tell him to...and I don't think he really cares about Sakura, it's always Naruto this,Naruto that :P
Old 2009-01-21, 13:59   Link #433
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Uzumaki View Post
i think sasuke is more like riku from kingdom hearts, with naruto being sora and sakura as kairi ^_^ coz like sasuke is cool, but he makes some wrong decicions, and is usually always seen as more powerful and mature than naruto, much like sora and riku
Well, that's not the only place this same exact trio exists.
Anyone who saw Spiderman 3 would know what I'm talking about.

Harry = Sasuke (Obsessed with vengeance)
Peter = Naruto (Lovable loser)
Mary Jane = Sakura (plot device)
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:57   Link #434
Josh Uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Well, that's not the only place this same exact trio exists.
Anyone who saw Spiderman 3 would know what I'm talking about.

Harry = Sasuke (Obsessed with vengeance)
Peter = Naruto (Lovable loser)
Mary Jane = Sakura (plot device)
haha yeah, id rep you but i cant,i need to spread some round first lol
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 17:21   Link #435
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Uzumaki View Post
haha yeah, id rep you but i cant,i need to spread some round first lol
Same to you.
This trio is part of a theory I have, it extends beyond the mentioned ones.

Jack Sparrow = Sasuke
Will Turner= Naruto
Elizabeth Swan= Sakura
(well, the men could be interchanged fairly easily here.)
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 05:49   Link #436
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Jack Sparrow = Sasuke
I don't think he is funny or carefree enough, so I'll go for the man interchange~
Old 2009-03-26, 09:34   Link #437
KimmyChan

I've never really liked him that much, but I've never really hated him either ^__^
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 14:23   Link #438
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Jack Sparrow was great , i like this character ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 22:44   Link #439
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

sasuke is, naturally, a very extreme, impulsive character. i think most people either love him or hate him. i lean towards the former but i can most definitely understand why people dislike him so much. his recent actions in the manga were a tad disappointing but not all that suprising--revenge is all sasuke knows, i think we'd be more suprised if he packed up and decided to go back to konoha.

either way, i'm positive he'll be redeemed but as for the how, idk. kishi is really pushing sasuke's character limit and making him darker--i'm not really complaining, but if he makes it so that it's not possible to see sasuke part of team 7 again, then that's kinda bad.

either way, he's my favourite character along with kakashi so i'm pretty firm support-wise
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 17:30   Link #440
El_Negro
Smurfee

^^ There's NO MORE TEAM 7
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote