AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-10, 12:03   Link #1261
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
I dunno, if he paid the dojo fees, I bet Akisame would train him. Though the muschle conditioning would probably result in Ukita getting a bit thinner.
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 12:26   Link #1262
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
I dunno, if he paid the dojo fees, I bet Akisame would train him. Though the muschle conditioning would probably result in Ukita getting a bit thinner.
The Masters don't seem all that keen on having disciples heck none of them have even tried to monopolise Kenichi which shows that they aren't exactly fanatically devoted to the one disciple they do possess.

Anyway I was thinking that now Renka is free to do as she pleases she should move into Ryozanpaku. This is to her benefit for two reasons. Firstly she can work on getting her father back to China with her. Secondly she can work on getting Miu's claws out of Kenichi. The only problem I can see is that she'll be a drain on Ryozonpaku's already plummeting resources. I assume she has some means of maintaining herself after leaving Ryou's employment but it's equally possible that while she doesn't work for him anymore she still gets room and board from him. She could probably work as a nurse for her father and Akisame in order to finance her consumption. Either which way I'd like her to move in as it seems to me that Kenichi/Miu is not just destined but inevitable and all the allegations of harem merely spring from Miu's paranoid delusions
Old 2008-12-10, 12:37   Link #1263
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
The Masters don't seem all that keen on having disciples heck none of them have even tried to monopolise Kenichi which shows that they aren't exactly fanatically devoted to the one disciple they do possess.

Anyway I was thinking that now Renka is free to do as she pleases she should move into Ryozanpaku. This is to her benefit for two reasons. Firstly she can work on getting her father back to China with her. Secondly she can work on getting Miu's claws out of Kenichi. The only problem I can see is that she'll be a drain on Ryozonpaku's already plummeting resources. I assume she has some means of maintaining herself after leaving Ryou's employment but it's equally possible that while she doesn't work for him anymore she still gets room and board from him. She could probably work as a nurse for her father and Akisame in order to finance her consumption. Either which way I'd like her to move in as it seems to me that Kenichi/Miu is not just destined but inevitable and all the allegations of harem merely spring from Miu's paranoid delusions
Lol, true. But I think you forgot to mention that Renka brings her own type of training regiment with her. Kenichi not only has to deal with YOMI but with the people that "train" with Renka.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 12:55   Link #1264
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

I can just imagine the two fighting over who gets to make Kenichi's lunch. Seems to me that Renka is essentially a tamer version of Shampoo. Where Shampoo was all "take me I'm yours" Renka is more like "look at me Kenichi see how much better I am" or some derivative thereof
Old 2008-12-10, 15:03   Link #1265
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
LOL @ the Ranma 1/2 reference! I can see the similarities, but I doubt Renka is derived from Shampoo. Everyone can see Kenichi's nearly limitless potential. They just tell him he has 0 talent so he doesn't get full of himself. I also don't think that KenichixMiu is 100% certain to happen. Miu isn't taking action.
Old 2008-12-10, 15:06   Link #1266
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
LOL @ the Ranma 1/2 reference! I can see the similarities, but I doubt Renka is derived from Shampoo. Everyone can see Kenichi's nearly limitless potential. They just tell him he has 0 talent so he doesn't get full of himself. I also don't think that KenichixMiu is 100% certain to happen. Miu isn't taking action.
I agree with Kenichi´s potential matter, but KenichiXMiu happening is almost 90% certain to happen, why its take so long is because both have 0% love experience.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 15:22   Link #1267
Baka Ronin

my point is one of them must make a decisive move or nothing will happen. and the possibility of one of them doing so is not 100%
Old 2008-12-10, 15:46   Link #1268
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ma should take Kenichi out to get laid by some random hottie, then after that he'll be confident and get booty from all the girls thats after his jock, lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 15:48   Link #1269
Cinocard

My point is that the mangaka does not know what to do after making it happen.

Quote:
I can just imagine the two fighting over who gets to make Kenichi's lunch. Seems to me that Renka is essentially a tamer version of Shampoo. Where Shampoo was all "take me I'm yours" Renka is more like "look at me Kenichi see how much better I am" or some derivative thereof
Aside from Miu, No girl beats Kenichi, but Ranma... You know

Last edited by Cinocard; 2008-12-10 at 17:44.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 15:53   Link #1270
Baka Ronin

Now you're insulting the mangaka. That's just rude.
Old 2008-12-10, 17:13   Link #1271
Cinocard

That's not an insult, but a fact.

This is a martial art comedy shounen. The romance at this point is solidly for humor, fan-service and cheap plot device (as teenager girls easily fall in love - in real life or manga, it's an easy way to lessen the effort spending into deep interaction and backgrounds of characters).

If Miu and Kenichi were ever to advance at this point, the romance would lose it whole purpose. The manga genre would even switch.
Old 2008-12-10, 17:18   Link #1272
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
my point is one of them must make a decisive move or nothing will happen. and the possibility of one of them doing so is not 100%
I dont recall using 90%, also the mangaka would be an idiot if he ended the manga without a shred of development between those two or atleast a kiss or 2.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:25   Link #1273
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I agree that the relationship between Miu and Kenichi will stay the same until the end. After that one will die, or they will just split, or they will finally become a couple.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 21:14   Link #1274
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
If Miu and Kenichi were ever to advance at this point, the romance would lose it whole purpose. The manga genre would even switch.
Not really. There is a shounen way of doing things when it comes to romance.

It just won't be the main focus, but it can keep on developing that angle from time to time, during specific events. It just won't be a shoujo-fest of continuous romancing between characters.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 23:28   Link #1275
Cinocard

I know it's developing, but more than often will it be completed (hence i said become "lovers") only at the end. That's why it won't happen at this point. If Miu and Kenichi were official right now, it would take lots of work solving for the whole set of characters.
Old 2008-12-11, 00:59   Link #1276
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Its shonen law that the main guy and girl won't get together till the end.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 04:13   Link #1277
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

One of the few things I liked about Shou was his interest in Miu though not his reasons for said interest. With someone else going after Miu Kenichi had to work for her and there was a sense of competition but now he's out of the equation and they're very few other good matches for Kenichi around. As such all the competition must come from Kenichi's side. Miu is already doing the sort of things girls do to woo guys but she's doing them for alternative reasons for example she makes his meals but only because the masters gave him strict eating requirements and she's prettied herself up but only to convert Kushinada and be true to herself. Miu's position in Kenichi's heart needds to come under actual rather than imagined threat and we need to see Miu reacting to this.

When Miu claimed Kenichi was some kind of Casanova I figured we'd get the truth about his feelings or lack thereof for Renka, the garden club girl and possibly Rachel but it seems Kenichi isn't even aware of the effect he has on these girls.

Last edited by M.I.P.; 2008-12-11 at 04:28.
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 04:20   Link #1278
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

50 years later, a bald, hatted Kenichi tells a disbelieving disciple he used to be popular when he was young...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 04:21   Link #1279
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Hmm i cant get accostumed to this weekly releases... im already used to reading few chapters at the same time... T_T

There isnt much sense in comparing Kenichi with Takeda... after all Takeda got owned pretty easily by Kano....

Quote:
When Miu claimed Kenichi was some kind of Casanova I figured we'd get the truth about his feelings of lack thereof for Renka, the garden club girl and possibly Rachel but it seems Kenichi isn't even aware of the effect he has on these girls.
I dont think Kenichi isnt aware since he liked Miu from the begining so it is natural for him to ignore the advances from the other girls. Maybe not the gardening girl but Renka made it pretty clear in these last couple chapters...
Old 2008-12-11, 04:24   Link #1280
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Kenichi would've gotten owned just as easily if he wasn't wearing Shigure's vest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I dont think Kenichi isnt aware since he liked Miu from the begining so it is natural for him to ignore the advances from the other girls. Maybe not the gardening girl but Renka made it pretty clear in these last couple chapters...
I realise that but if Kenichi isn't going to say yes or even maybe to his alternatives to Miu then he can at least say no. What we've got now is a situation in which he's neither interested or uninterested in all these other girlswhich creates the false impression of a harem when really it's always been Kenichi/Miu

Last edited by M.I.P.; 2008-12-11 at 04:34.
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen