AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-02-05, 13:02   Link #1
NeoSam

Kannagi Generic discussion thread

The shounen manga Kannagi (かんなぎ) by Takenashi Eri will be getting animated.

かんなぎ
Kannagi

The manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Comic REX.

Currently there are 3 volumes released of this manga, and volume 4 will be released on February 9, 2008.
Available manga volumes:

Spoiler:

From MangaUpdates:

Quote:
Our unlucky protagonist, Jin, uses the trunk of a sacred tree to carve a statue for a school project. When he takes it outside, to his surprise it begins absorbing the surrounding earth and transforms into, hold your breath on this one, a girl! So like all similar setups this guardian deity is pretty pissed that her tree was cut down and lives with Jin while she takes out her anger on squashing bugs....er, cleaning the "Impurities".
Mangaka: Takenashi Eri

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Drama, Romance

This is a moe type of manga, serialized in Comic REX; a shounen manga magazine that's aimed at teenage boys to men in their twenties.
Old 2008-02-05, 13:30   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ooh! Finally confirmed now!

After reading three volumes, I have a good opinion of this series.
Good comedy, good art, decent drama, though I like it better when they stick with the comedy.
Can't wait for volume 4.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 00:06   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

Guess I'll check out the available scans.

Quote:
When he takes it outside, to his surprise it begins absorbing the surrounding earth and transforms into, hold your breath on this one, a girl!
I was expecting it to turn into a sumo wrestler!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 04:27   Link #4
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Some staff details are out:

Director: Yutaka Yamamoto
Series Editor: Kurata Hideyuki
Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures

At least now we know why Yamamoto stopped directing Lucky Star after 4 episodes. Between him storyboarding stuff in Ookiku Furikabutte, and now directing this, it's pretty clear he was headhunted from Kyoto Animation to move to A-1 Pictures.

I wonder how much money Sony has. They got Koji Masunari (ROD, Kamichu) and Kazuki Akane (Escaflowne, Noein) too. ^^;
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 17:45   Link #5
NeoSam

An official site for Nagi-sama fan club has opened:
http://www.nagisama-fc.com/
Old 2008-02-08, 23:07   Link #6
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Thanks for the links...read the first eight chapters, I can see why this got picked up to be made into an anime series, Nagi is an awesome character. For some reason, I keep picturing her talking with Kugimiya Rie's voice , wonder who they'll get to be her seiyuu...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 02:19   Link #7
DanielSong39

After 8 chapters...

Absolutely hilarious. The comedy is first rate - with a nice mix of characters and situations. Memorable moments include:

- Magical girl Nagi
- Tsugumi getting all flustered (which is often)
- Resident idol Zange-chan
- Nagi and Jin's eating habits (rice with salad dressing?)

Not sure how the drama will go, but have high hopes for this show. As long as they don't try to pigeonhole a forced romance between Jin and Nagi, this one should deliver.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 07:46   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality

I've only read the first volume so far but it was an enjoyable enough read, looking forward to the anime.
Old 2008-02-15, 06:50   Link #9
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! well many new anime to be expected
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 16:34   Link #10
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I've known of Takenashi's work for some time. He done some fan art, mostly Type Moon, and I've read that he was a Type Moon staff member. He did a book called "Take Moon" (you can see a glimpse of the cover towards the bottom of the first image below), and I've always thought of him as "Take Note" because of his website's URL:

http://takenote.xsrv.jp/index.html

I'm guessing it is a play on his name.

Fan art:

Spoiler for pantsu advisory:
Wallpaper versions:

And a figure:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 14:47   Link #11
suguru
京都 ikitai~

They updated the image on the main home page:
http://www.nagisama-fc.com/anime/index.html

Don't know if they gave an air date yet though, doesn't look like it (although since my Japanese skills are next to zero, I'm not sure I could tell if they did...).

Character pages have updated images, like the character designs so far...especially after reading the manga that's been scanlated so far, definitely looking forward to this.
Old 2008-04-12, 14:53   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
They updated the image on the main home page:
http://www.nagisama-fc.com/anime/index.html

Don't know if they gave an air date yet though, doesn't look like it (although since my Japanese skills are next to zero, I'm not sure I could tell if they did...).

Character pages have updated images, like the character designs so far...especially after reading the manga that's been scanlated so far, definitely looking forward to this.
Yeah, there is still no air date, it seems.

I'm glad that the anime versions of the characters look very similar to the manga version. Hope this comes out soon and has 24/26 episodes.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-13, 00:12   Link #13
ZODDGUTS

Yeah also glad the character designs are staying true to the manga designs.

Quote:
'm glad that the anime versions of the characters look very similar to the manga version. Hope this comes out soon and has 24/26 episodes.
I would rather hope this airs in fall rather then summer there's only 4 volumes of the manga right now there's not enough for 24/26 episodes unless they do a crapload of filler material in the series maybe it would best if they do a 12/13 season and then do another 12/13 season once there's enough manga material for it.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 08:41   Link #14
Westlo
Lets be reality

Even though I'm just parroting I also like how the designs are true to the manga.
Old 2008-05-05, 00:04   Link #15
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Voice Actors for characters (according to Moon Phase):

Nagi: Tomatsu Haruka
Mikuriya Jin: Shimono Hiro
Aoba Tsugumi: Sawashiro Miyuki
Zange-chan: Hanazawa Kana
Hibiki Daitetsu: Hoshino Takanori
Akiba Meguru: Kakihara Tetsuya
Kimura Takako: Hayamizu Risa
Ookouchi Shino: Nakahara Mai

From Comic REX 6/2008

Old 2008-05-05, 22:43   Link #16
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Hmm, interesting choice for Nagi--looks like Tomatsu Haruka's voicing Senko in Kyouran Kazoku this season as well as Lala in Toloveru, which shows she has a pretty impressive range since Lala and Senko don't sound anything alike to me. Here's hoping she comes up with a good voice for Nagi.

Wonder if announcing the cast means we're looking at a fall start? Probably too close to July already for it to be a summer series, although I'd be happy if it was...
Old 2008-05-05, 23:23   Link #17
Midonin
Last Engage

Not a bad cast list, and the manga is pretty interesting, so...*adds to watch list*
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 06:57   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Hmm, interesting choice for Nagi--looks like Tomatsu Haruka's voicing Senko in Kyouran Kazoku this season as well as Lala in Toloveru, which shows she has a pretty impressive range since Lala and Senko don't sound anything alike to me. Here's hoping she comes up with a good voice for Nagi.
She's also casted to play Shina Dark's Gallet and she should sound different from Lala/Senko and probably Nagi.. Tomatsu Haruka is making a splash this year.
Old 2008-05-06, 14:08   Link #19
Avisch
Reality Blender

I have been reading abit of this manga. I think it's alright. I don't LOVE it. But it's fun concept.

A good cast indeed. Especially for the main characters. Jin's seiyu played Hiro in ef. And those characters personalities are somewhat similar so it works.

Tomatsu Haruka is voicing alot of major roles this year. I think it's agood choice for Nagi, Haruka has a articulate voice (cute voice as Lala, dark/imposing voice as Senko/Chika, I imagine we will get a mix of both for Garlet) and Nagi's supposed to have two voices....
Spoiler for early chapters:

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 02:18   Link #20
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
A good cast indeed. Especially for the main characters. Jin's seiyu played Hiro in ef. And those characters personalities are somewhat similar so it works.
He was good as Hiro in ef and I've always like him since I heard his Ayato Kamina from RahXephon which was his debut role.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen