AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 05:12   Link #261
Zakoo

TD isnt that hard the main trap is to take the souls which make you end up lives. Same for UFO btw. So i can only tell you to give up on those and stay behind.

Btw Saintess you should be careful, it s forbidden to insult my perfect maid
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 06:19   Link #262
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I tried but I still couldn't do it so to rest my head a little I tried spell practice first and somehow got Yuyuko overdrive...

...which instantly killed me when she started her spell card ._.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 07:06   Link #263
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
Depending on what you prefer...

If fighting games, and have friends to play with Hisoutensoku is the best

When in air shooting game, Imperishable (Eiyashou) is the easiest or Koumakyou, kinda easy either (Remi is kinda easy, and it's fun playing with Flandre!).... Beware of Subterranean Animism, it's like playing in hell bec. of difficulty.~_~

BTW setting aside the pc98 versions, I think you must start with Koumakyou....
Koumakyou's controls are rather clunky though....less responsive than the other games

I actually find Chireiden easier than it...

Although I agree that you should play the games in order for story purposes

Hardest is Double Spoiler....

I see the guy in your vid has the hitbox patch...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-02-23 at 07:19.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 08:15   Link #264
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
TD isnt that hard the main trap is to take the souls which make you end up lives. Same for UFO btw. So i can only tell you to give up on those and stay behind.

Btw Saintess you should be careful, it s forbidden to insult my perfect maid
What the hell? She even admitted that she uses falsies herself! I asked her to name the latest Apple product and she said "I pad" - *knifed*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 04:19   Link #265
Aesthetic Shampoo

Wow, you people weren't kidding when you said this game was hard D:

I've been playing Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for 11 hours straight and i FINALLY managed to beat the thing on easy and am rewarded with a bad end? What is this unjustice Guess i'll come back to it later to beat the boss.

But seeing how you were all saying TH6 was one of the hardest i'm hoping the others will be pretty much a cakewalk compared to 6. Off to play 7~
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 04:22   Link #266
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

You need to play normal to get the good end w. That is of course, without using any continue at all

Oh also, you guys really need to see this ;_;
http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/5129

Old 2012-02-25, 05:21   Link #267
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Wow, you people weren't kidding when you said this game was hard D:

I've been playing Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for 11 hours straight and i FINALLY managed to beat the thing on easy and am rewarded with a bad end? What is this unjustice Guess i'll come back to it later to beat the boss.

But seeing how you were all saying TH6 was one of the hardest i'm hoping the others will be pretty much a cakewalk compared to 6. Off to play 7~
Touhou 6 becomes really easy once you use the Vsync patch and watch some replays to figure out the patterns and tricks.

It's actually one of the easiest games in the series, in my opinion.
Old 2012-02-25, 07:20   Link #268
Zakoo

The only hard thing in 6 is that you don't see your heart seriously. Aside that, the spellcard aren't very hard (aside curse of Vlad tepes and somes of Sakuya)

As soon as you will see it in the next touhou (when you use shift mode), everything will be much more easier since you will be able to dodge with some pixels of difference.
Old 2012-02-25, 20:57   Link #269
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I have stopped playing Touhou after about TH12 came out (so I haven't beat TH13 yet, the shame!), but it's nice to see new people interested in trying to play this instead of Hisouten. Touhou shmups need more love and attention!

TH8 is definitely easiest, then TH10 because you can essentially bomb away to victory. I consider Th11 and TH12 the hardest, and then TH6. Most Touhou games has a sharp difficulty spike at or after stage 4, so you might often find yourself losing around these levels for the first few dozen tries.

Btw for TH13, have you heard: "Z,X,X,C,Z,X,X,C, You Win! Congratulations You are Super Player". That was a joke, but basically as a beginner, you shouldn't mind too much about scores and capturing spellcards, because your goal is to try to live as long as possible to see the ending. When you're better, you can try and capture those spells in a score run.

The extra stages are imo an extensive memory battle. The better your ability to memorize patterns and their solutions, the better your chances (which means lots of retries!)

And, I think it's better to use the keyboard. Don't use controllers when playing these. Some say it's even better to use the arcade ding-dong joystick but I never tried it.

Btw, just sharing. I have a friend who's a lunatic score runner. Long ago, he once said something like this: "TH6 Lunatic is the gateway if you're seriously considering leveling up to be a proper lunatic player. After you can clear this with relative ease, you now have the basic required motor and reflex skills to go lunatic score runs in most of the other games."

Of course, I never leveled up to the lunatic levels (Hard was my best), but somehow, I can see why he said that because TH6 is Touhou in its most raw form. Most of the spells here rely on your skills more than your memory. And every Touhou after that has a special scoring system that alters play style a bit (or much).

Then another one of my friend came and said "try PC98." Though, personally I think these are hard because I can't tell the difference between bullets, effects, and items

Also, many people consider Touhou as one of the eaaaasiests of shmup games (even in lunatic). When I see pro level play of Mushihime-sama or Dodonpachi...sometimes I doubt these people(?) are even humans
Old 2012-02-26, 13:21   Link #270
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Of course, I never leveled up to the lunatic levels (Hard was my best), but somehow, I can see why he said that because TH6 is Touhou in its most raw form. Most of the spells here rely on your skills more than your memory. And every Touhou after that has a special scoring system that alters play style a bit (or much).
Mostly because of how random some of the spell card patterns are, instead of specific or player tracing ones.
Old 2012-02-26, 18:43   Link #271
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
I could beat this, but I'm too "prideful" since I like to complete my games with no deaths or continues... or maybe no bombs lol
Old 2012-02-26, 19:49   Link #272
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post

Also, many people consider Touhou as one of the eaaaasiests of shmup games (even in lunatic). When I see pro level play of Mushihime-sama or Dodonpachi...sometimes I doubt these people(?) are even humans
That's because Cave games are designed to suck as much coins as possible out of you at the arcade....

Dodonpachi is some of the most crazy shit I've ever seen
Old 2012-02-29, 07:53   Link #273
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
G'day fellows.

I'm not too familiar with Touhou but when searching for signature materials I stumbled across a couple of images and I was curious to know if they fell into any of the games in this series since they were tagged "touhou"

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 07:58   Link #274
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Yep, they are. They're from TH 6 : Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

Edit+
It seems ZUN will be getting married soon
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/in...c,12182.0.html

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2012-02-29 at 10:46.
Old 2012-03-02, 12:16   Link #275
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^

Edit+
HOLY WHAT

ZUN, are you tired of Aya already?

Still, congrats to him. Though, be careful with the beers.
Old 2012-03-02, 13:31   Link #276
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
Yep, they are. They're from TH 6 : Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

Edit+
Heh Gensoukyou's priest settles down eh.... Reitaisai wedding? Wonder what kind of game he'll make in conjunction with this....
Old 2012-03-06, 01:22   Link #277
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
It's repetitive after posting the same congratulation on every board but nevertheless: Congratulation Zun! Additionally, I believe they are married (legally) already. Zun has been pursuing this relationship for a while.
Old 2012-03-09, 05:19   Link #278
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw I'd like to share my enjoyment that UsuallyDead have finally released his newest (and presumably final) installment of his series of Touhou fanfic.

I have finished reading his latest installment and well, basically, I'm now in a happy mood . I haven't been in touch with the Touhou world as of late, but I've always been checking his site from time to time. It came out as a nice surprise!

I've been following his stories from quite the earlier stage of the series (he had finished Scarlet Devil and several of the opening stories for Cherry Blossom then). I was instantly attracted to his stories because he has excellent writing skills, backed up by a unique retelling of the story of Touhou we all know and love.

I highly recommend his stories for a good and unique fanfic, if you haven't read them already. I'm confident that you'll find them satisfying.
Old 2012-10-05, 10:45   Link #279
Zakoo

Touhou 13.5 Touhou Shinkirou ~ Hopeless Masquerade has been revealed.

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou135/

My body is ready.
Old 2012-10-05, 10:46   Link #280
Aesthetic Shampoo

i still haven't beaten 6.

*cries*
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, ps vita, touhou