AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG Season 2 Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 40.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 22.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-14, 10:35   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

AMG Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion

Welcome to this week's Episode of Ah! My Goddess Season 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Also remember that all the other series of AMG are licensed (first TV series, OVA, Movie, Mini-Goddess, and the manga) so no discussion about earlier fansubs or groups. Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Megami and Keiichi]Are sister and brother.... What, you already knew!!![/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Megami and Keiichi:
Old 2006-04-14, 11:16   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Here are some quick random screen caps from Episode 2 for anyone interested:

** Click me! **
Old 2006-04-14, 12:48   Link #3
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Ah, finally... Too bad these forums are mod-restricted, I wanted to vent my feelings yesterday.

Anyway, hurray for Mamiko Noto. She brings out the dere-dere part in Sayoko's tsundere in such an awesome manner. 8)

It was very sweet Sayoko-episode that began and ended with the regular "Sayoko is jealous of Bell", but had a whole middle part of "Sayoko dere-dere-ing for Keiichi". The last one isn't really all that feasible in terms of manga logic, but it was very cute nevertheless.

Why do girls fall for such a guy? It's a mystery of the ages.

Anyway, what I kept thinking after this ep ended is:
Spoiler for manga storyline:
Old 2006-04-14, 13:53   Link #4
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Ah, finally... Too bad these forums are mod-restricted, I wanted to vent my feelings yesterday.
Sorry about that. We'll try to get the threads up a bit earlier next time.
Old 2006-04-15, 23:04   Link #5
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Glad to see Catgirls doing the episode thread You did a good job with the Mai Otome episode threads. I loved the set up you guys had with someone posting the episode pics followed by a summary later on. It made things go smoothly because you could dive right into the discussion w/o having to wait for the sub. I hope that setup is adopted for AMG2.
Old 2006-04-17, 11:08   Link #6
TTHX

Argh, I still have yet to see this episode! Too anxious I am.
Old 2006-04-17, 12:20   Link #7
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX
Argh, I still have yet to see this episode! Too anxious I am.
The sub was just releases. Go grab it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
Glad to see Catgirls doing the episode thread You did a good job with the Mai Otome episode threads. I loved the set up you guys had with someone posting the episode pics followed by a summary later on. It made things go smoothly because you could dive right into the discussion w/o having to wait for the sub. I hope that setup is adopted for AMG2.
Hey thanks. I don't know if there will be enough interest here to get a good batch of images off the RAWs, but I'll try to follow up each weekly release with some Blog links when I find them. That should help the wait in between RAW/Sub.
Old 2006-04-17, 18:22   Link #8
TTHX

Eeehee I loved the episode. I hope the second series will put a bit more focus on the developement between Keichi and Belldandy other than many crazy events that prevent them from spending time together.

Does that girl still have the right to be called the Queen of the university? Especially since Belldandy totally beat her in the contest?
Old 2006-04-17, 19:45   Link #9
currywu

What a wonderfully sweet episode. Sayoko's become my favorite side character in the whole AMG series. I used to be against Mamiko Noto's whispery voice for a stuck-up character like Sayoko but she's definitely improved since S1. Also, the art and animation was just beautiful this time around. I loved the little touches like the car lights slowly moving in the background and the light piles of fluffy snow in Bell's hair.
Old 2006-04-17, 19:50   Link #10
studiocode

Sayoko giving up on K1? Say it isn't so! I still believe she likes him and she's not just after him to one-up Belldandy.
Old 2006-04-17, 22:22   Link #11
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiocode
Sayoko giving up on K1? Say it isn't so! I still believe she likes him and she's not just after him to one-up Belldandy.
She clearly states at the end of the episode that she's not giving up on him just yet; Wich actually proves her fellings for K-1. ( beating Belldandy just makes the challange all the more interesting for her )

Anyway, The thing I found a little stange in this episode is that Sayoko refers to K-1 as " The only guy who hasn't fallen on his knees in front of her". Did Sayoko already forgot about the first episode of season 1?

And from the next episode preview I got the felling that....

Spoiler for next episode:
Old 2006-04-18, 00:15   Link #12
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

She probably thinks Bell is mentally deficient after she reiterated that she was a goddess and even stated her rank. So she probably figures it shouldnt be too hard.

I will have to head on over to the manga thread to find out if Sayoko finally sees Bell using her abilities and realizes its true. Man Id love to see her reaction and the the look on her face.
Old 2006-04-18, 17:34   Link #13
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Saw episode 02. I understand they're trying to depict Sayoko to be more human, but I still dislike her (as I've said during last season of A!MG, she's the epitome of an archetype character that I detest) . The "Mo-ri-sa-to" uttered by Sayoko in a drunken slur when she glomped Keiichi was almost too cute, and almost made her seem cute...almost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
She clearly states at the end of the episode that she's not giving up on him just yet; Wich actually proves her fellings for K-1. ( beating Belldandy just makes the challange all the more interesting for her )

Anyway, The thing I found a little stange in this episode is that Sayoko refers to K-1 as " The only guy who hasn't fallen on his knees in front of her". Did Sayoko already forgot about the first episode of season 1?
But that self monologue by Sayoko at the end she re-asserts self as the Queen and after that line you mentioned she goes on saying "Someday, I'll definitely avenge the humiliation I've tasted". In that context, added with her smug expression (rather than a blushing one), the impression I got from that scene was that her primary drive of going after Keiichi is wanting him to submit to her just to satisfy her pride. But yeah, there are hints of Sayoko's feelings in the episode. As for your 2nd point. I think she remembers, but she's complaining about that now. She wants every man under her wiles, but Keiichi isn't now, and she doesn't like that.
Old 2006-04-18, 20:14   Link #14
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
A good episode.

We see two sides of Sayoko - warring against themselves - she obviously
is in love with Keiichi. But her "darker side" sort of hates herself for having
these feelings and just can't resist meddling.

But the fact that this "simpleton girl" (I'm using what I suspect Sayoko
would call Bell') beat her for his heart maddens her to the point of insanity.
She's used to being top dog.

She may or may not remember his initial request to go out, but I think
because he's a male who isn't responding to her every whim she feels
that he must be conquered.

But the funny thing is - I suspect one part of her suspected Belldandy's
retort to her "I'm the queen" comment with "I'm a goddess" was some
kind of "two can play that game" type retort - maddening her further.

We'll just have to see how it all ends. It should be interesting. We know
how Bell' and K1 will play it - I think Bell would be impressed to see how
K1 handled himself with "The Queen" foisting herself at him.

And yeah, her drunk slurring was cute, like watching a black widow
spider being "cute".
Old 2006-04-19, 01:00   Link #15
kujoe
from head to heel

Ah, now this is interesting. The heart of a queen indeed. To see the character of Sayoko so featured interestingly is what a character such as Belldandy definitely needs. Maybe it's just me, but Belldandy is still too squeaky clean. Episode of S2 featured a more interesting side to her, whereas in this one it's the usual, standard Belldandy fare.

Now others may find Sayoko cold and bitchy, but she's got that tsundere quality about her that makes her softer side shine through. Knowing that, yes, she does have genuine feelings for Keiichi, and they confuse her—feelings that are attractively alien in her world—but that doesn't mean she'll be trading those for her pride. In fact, that's what makes her Sayoko.
Old 2006-04-19, 12:04   Link #16
Sellik

Does anyone have subtitles for Ah My Goddess season 2 episode 01 and/or 02. I'm new in this forum and it is important for me :P
Old 2006-04-19, 13:20   Link #17
Free Voice

Sellik, there are torrents available online with fansubbed versions. Just type your research in Google and you should get some.

BTW, once again compliments to the AOne/AnY team for their work on this episode!

Has anyone also noticed that the animation is a level higher than in the first episode? The Christmas lights and the snow flakes were truly well done...
Old 2006-04-19, 16:19   Link #18
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Voice
Has anyone also noticed that the animation is a level higher than in the first episode? The Christmas lights and the snow flakes were truly well done...

not only that, i found out that the details of season 2 is better than season 1, we see new outfits of the goddesses except Skuld for now, especially kawaii expressions on Belldandy + K1 ^^.

I gave this ep an 8, it seems like Sayoko is starting her move on keiichi now, liked how she will never gives up on attempting to take Keiichi away from Belldandy. Not much comedy here other than romance sorta stuff. Is funny at the beginning on how Urd + Skuld helps Belldandy knit the sweater out of magic and a robot.
Old 2006-04-19, 16:30   Link #19
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
The funny thing is: I don't see Keiichi going for Sayoko at all - he's
completely devoted to Belldandy at this point.

Which means Sayoko will have to pull something tricky to get him
into her arms or the like.
Old 2006-04-19, 18:32   Link #20
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
But that self monologue by Sayoko at the end she re-asserts self as the Queen and after that line you mentioned she goes on saying "Someday, I'll definitely avenge the humiliation I've tasted". In that context, added with her smug expression (rather than a blushing one), the impression I got from that scene was that her primary drive of going after Keiichi is wanting him to submit to her just to satisfy her pride. But yeah, there are hints of Sayoko's feelings in the episode.
Yeah, I guess you are right about this. At this point in the story, her "evil" side is probably stronger than her romantic one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellik
Does anyone have subtitles for Ah My Goddess season 2 episode 01 and/or 02. I'm new in this forum and it is important for me :P
I get the impression that you are actually asking for the episodes and not just the subs....so:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/769.html