Awe of She
*Author

Watch the old guy = Gildartz.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:59   Link #602
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I'm going to guess the old guy who recognized Lucy will come and save the day somehow.
I really really hope that isn't the case, as much as I want to know who that old guy is, I do not want to see him show up using some uber hax power to save the the day -___-
The old guy I do think is related to Lucy in some way but hopefully not her "real" father thats just too "meh......" for me, I'm thinking he may be from Lucy's mothers side.

but putting that aside for now!

its a Royal Rumble!!! YAY! hopefully a real showcase of the ,ages powers

also Erza is just
Old 2008-10-16, 19:56   Link #603
Xhokhusmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I really really hope that isn't the case, as much as I want to know who that old guy is, I do not want to see him show up using some uber hax power to save the the day -___-
The old guy I do think is related to Lucy in some way but hopefully not her "real" father thats just too "meh......" for me, I'm thinking he may be from Lucy's mothers side
As I said earlier, old guy = "old geezer" Put two and two together, 90% chance of it happening.

btw, badass entrance there Luxus, and damn... Evergreen just took out the entire female cast there (including 2 and a half S classes).

I'll listen to Happy in page 12 "Everybody should vote!".

Evergreen took my vote for this chapter :P Shit, if she's an assassin, she'd be unmatched considering what she just did. Maybe Mist Gun though, he'll probably be the man to take her down. :P
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 22:23   Link #604
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

hmm me voting fo the suggestion of bonta-kun of saying the old gezzer is somewhat(not her real father) realted to her mother side

then again we might get suprised.........again hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 02:42   Link #605
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Erza's power, like Natsu's, has been developing steadily, so I wouldn't be so quick to says she doesn't stand a chance against him. Mute point though, since she is still out of this fight.
If Erza was so strong, she wouldn't have fallen that easily.

She's starting to feel a bit like a Worf. She's supposed to be strong and all, S-class whatever, but when it matters, she gets her fine ass kicked to show how dangerous the enemy is.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 04:32   Link #606
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If Erza was so strong, she wouldn't have fallen that easily.

She's starting to feel a bit like a Worf. She's supposed to be strong and all, S-class whatever, but when it matters, she gets her fine ass kicked to show how dangerous the enemy is.
I wouldn't count her out just yet. She was caught off guard, that's why she was stoned. Even the strongest fighter can be defeated by a weaker opponent if caught unawares. But then again, the strongest ones never let their guard down, so she is not that strong after all.

Besides, this is shounen, so like often times, she has to lose temporarily to give the main character the chance to shine. This doesn't mean she's necessarily weaker. I'd still say she's stronger than Natsu, though the gap is getting smaller.
Old 2008-10-17, 04:44   Link #607
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But it keeps happening. There's always something that takes her out of the fight, so Natsu can be the hero. Like the fight against that other guild. The Master gets taken out, so instead of becoming furious and winning the battle single-handed, she retreats.

And Jubia's the same. As a bad guy, she looked nigh invincible (if not for her crush on Gray). Now, it's all she can do to take care of the mooks.
Old 2008-10-17, 04:56   Link #608
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh c'mon, they're at the biggest festival of the year for them - during a beauty contest, no less. The only one who had an idea (that we know of) that Lexus was coming back was Master Makarov and he didn't say anything to anyone for fear of 'ruining' it. If he had said something, then they wouldn't have been caught.

Evergreen is one of their nakama, no matter how stuck up she is. And if you know Fairy Tail, they give a lot of chances for someone to redeem themselves.

I actually see Natsu and Gazille working together on this one. The Two Dragon Slayers NEED to work together for this one. Gray's gonna have to take on Evergreen (wall of ice al around her, make her see her own reflection during an unguarded moment - I imagine that someone's already tried that tactic against her already though).
Old 2008-10-17, 05:12   Link #609
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's not just that particular instance. It's just, as I said, it's starting to look like a trend. "Oh, a new threat. Guess it's going to kick Erza's ass so we know it's a big one."
Old 2008-10-17, 05:21   Link #610
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But it keeps happening. There's always something that takes her out of the fight, so Natsu can be the hero.
That's shounen law for you. The main character is always the one who gets to fight the big bosses and the side characters fight the boss' underlings or get taken out in some way. Like it or not, that's the way it goes in all shounen series.

Besides, you are not being fair to Erza. She usually ends up doing the grunt work, taking on jobs that only she can do that take her out of commission. In the Phantom Arc she was the only one who could withstand that weapon blast, so she took it, she did not think of hogging glory and still she was able to stand up, defeat the strongest of the Element 4 and buy some time against the guild's leader until Makarov showed up.

So, while I'm fairly certain that Natsu will be the one to take on Luxus, Erza might still play a role later on.
Old 2008-10-17, 06:34   Link #611
Xhokhusmak

I know you guys aren't stupid...

Being "stronger" =/= winning the fight.

Besides, S-class seems to be just a rank. Should've been evident ever since the Phantom Arc. We need some bloody duels to measure each Fairy's actual skill. And somebody wants exactly that to happen. :P

Erza's strong, and has been caught by surprise before, and made an even more surprising escape (Shou & Ikaruga). This would be the very first time that she's been taken out completely. Then again who knows, maybe the girls will break out of their stone some point during the arc without help.

Whee~~
Old 2008-10-17, 06:53   Link #612
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Y'know, I was gonna go on a rant about this...then I realized that this is exactly what's going through Levi's team member's minds right now (and probably half the FT Guild as well).

Bravo~
Old 2008-10-17, 08:07   Link #613
TrueKnight

I've read it again, and I found it odd that they introduced Jubia as an S-Class mage. She's like, pales in the comparison of Natzu, Gray, Elsa or Gazille...

Dunno about you guys, but here's hoping Luxus is one strong mofo. He had his own bodyguards who conquered an entire guild only with 4....
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 08:43   Link #614
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well aslong as we get to see lots of action i happy with it hahaha

still the part with the had changing was hilarious
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 12:02   Link #615
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

It really is rather unfair to claim Erza is weaker just because she got caught off guard. The one who turned her into stone was a member of her own guild, and thus someone she probably trusted.

The ability to turn someone into stone just by staring at them is absurdely powerful, I wouldn't doubt her ability to defeat anyone with that power; it just takes a single moment for you to screw up and look into her eyes, and then you lose.

As has been stated b4, Shounen law is about all that stops Erza from defeating a majority of the bad-guys we have seen so far.

She was kicking Gerald around, and in the end the injuries she gave him screwed him.

She took the shot from a giant magic cannon, defeated one of the strongest members of the Phantom Guild, and then finally held of the Phantom Guild Master while being several injured.

--

It really wouldn't suprise me too much at all if some of the ladies managed to get free, or broken free somehow.
Old 2008-10-17, 13:41   Link #616
Xhokhusmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
It really is rather unfair to claim Erza is weaker just because she got caught off guard. The one who turned her into stone was a member of her own guild, and thus someone she probably trusted.

The ability to turn someone into stone just by staring at them is absurdely powerful, I wouldn't doubt her ability to defeat anyone with that power; it just takes a single moment for you to screw up and look into her eyes, and then you lose.

As has been stated b4, Shounen law is about all that stops Erza from defeating a majority of the bad-guys we have seen so far.

She was kicking Gerald around, and in the end the injuries she gave him screwed him.

She took the shot from a giant magic cannon, defeated one of the strongest members of the Phantom Guild, and then finally held of the Phantom Guild Master while being several injured.

--

It really wouldn't suprise me too much at all if some of the ladies managed to get free, or broken free somehow.

Considering the entire guilds' "oh shit" reaction to Evergreen's mere appearance on stage... I don't think Erza would be one to trust her. :P

In Saint Seiya, such an enemy was defeated by the guy poking his own eyes blind.

Now though, it's 4 vs. the rest of the guild. I don't think any single person is going to take full credit for taking down any of the 4. I don't think they're stupid enough to charge the entire guild if they knew that they would be taken down so easily. Who knows, maybe they have far superior teamwork for their success. Not saying Natsu won't be dealing the finisher though!
Old 2008-10-17, 14:59   Link #617
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Evergreen doesn't show up all that often at the guild anyway. And the 'oh shit' reaction came when she stoned Lucy in front of everyone, then revealed that she had stoned the rest of the girls.

Ezra comes in all the time because she loves to be around the other guild members. Lexus's lil bodyguard three just like being around him....
Old 2008-10-17, 16:44   Link #618
Xhokhusmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Evergreen doesn't show up all that often at the guild anyway. And the 'oh shit' reaction came when she stoned Lucy in front of everyone, then revealed that she had stoned the rest of the girls.

Ezra comes in all the time because she loves to be around the other guild members. Lexus's lil bodyguard three just like being around him....
Wha? No? LUCY DON'T LOOK IN HER EYES!
Old 2008-10-17, 21:18   Link #619
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So, Luxus and his team are turning out to be real bastards...

unless something really moves me when we find out what changed Luxus, they all deserve a royal ass-kicking from Natsu very soon

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 22:08   Link #620
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhokhusmak View Post
Considering the entire guilds' "oh shit" reaction to Evergreen's mere appearance on stage... I don't think Erza would be one to trust her. :P

In Saint Seiya, such an enemy was defeated by the guy poking his own eyes blind.

Now though, it's 4 vs. the rest of the guild. I don't think any single person is going to take full credit for taking down any of the 4. I don't think they're stupid enough to charge the entire guild if they knew that they would be taken down so easily. Who knows, maybe they have far superior teamwork for their success. Not saying Natsu won't be dealing the finisher though!
Lol saint seiya, i remember that episode. Shiruu or however you say it in english or japanese. Ive only watched it in spanish.

Back on topic: I wont be surprised if the big 3 mages of luxus' group kicks the whole guilds ass except Lluvia, Natsu, Gray, iron dragonslayer (forgot his name at the moment), and the guild master.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen