AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Major Gundam 00 Character
Setsuna F. Seiei 46 28.22%
Lockon Stratos 77 47.24%
Allelujah Haptism 44 26.99%
Tieria Erde 20 12.27%
Sumeragi Ri Noriega 30 18.40%
Marina Ishmail 19 11.66%
Sergei Smirnov 40 24.54%
Graham Acre 57 34.97%
Wang Liu Min 30 18.40%
Ali Al Sarshes 21 12.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-13, 23:17   Link #21
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

wow it's been a long time since i posted here, nice to see WD and sniper haven't changed.

as for my favorite character i'd have to go with sergei he's kind, honorable, smart, loyal, and a all around good person.

other favorites are wang, lockon, graham, haro, setsuna and allelujah.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 12:28   Link #22
solomon

For males, probably Ali so far, every one else is either too distant, generic or far too early in their development. Ali is the only one that seems relatively empathetically human so far.

For females:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Sumeragi--BOOBIES! YAY!
I concur
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 21:23   Link #23
Alice16uy
Alice16uy

Lockon and Graham...my inner fangirl cries
Alice16uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 07:34   Link #24
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Lockon, Sergi, and Graham get my top votes here. All three are leading the poll it seems too. Ali is pretty interesting so far and out of the characters seems more like a real villian, so he gets a vote as well.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 10:00   Link #25
Nuiihren

Graham, Lockon and Sergei.

Oh, I see, Tieria isn't that popular (but well, he doesn't show any character depth at the moment...)
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 11:30   Link #26
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Thumbs up Keeping Your Cool

Most anime characters bitch about honor when shot in the back. Lockon just says he loves surprises before unleashing a headshot on the backstabber.
Old 2007-11-15, 15:23   Link #27
Honey_and_Cleaver

Lockon,Graham,Ali,Allelujah,Tiara,Sergei,Sumeragi, Liu Min
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 16:58   Link #28
ashlay
the red string of fate

I'm personally enjoying the calm, career soldier types. They never really work as the main character I suppose, but in various supporting roles, it's been fun to see there's actually some people on the battlefield not suffering from some sort of insanity, bloodlust, extreme emotions, etc.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 23:20   Link #29
Cherudim Arche

Lockon,Graham, and Tieria
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 20:56   Link #30
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
It's a close race between Lockon and Graham. For Setsuna's hand?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:41   Link #31
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I unfortunately, do not yet have a 'favorite' character in Gundam 00. In fact, I don't find anyone remotely likable at all. Take Marina for example, she spent 7 episodes trying to 'help her country', but besides acting like Condoleezza Rice by going everywhere shaking hands and making zero diplomatic progress, Marina has yet to persuade me that she can assume the responsibilities as 'queen'.

Setsuna on the other hand, is still an asshole. Same goes for the purple girlie-man. I hope they cut the Heero/Wufei s&m bullshit soon.

Thus at this time, I think this show is suffering from mono-dimensional characterization.

Now, am I saying the show is bad? Absolutely not. However, 7 episodes is too early for me to even remotely appreciate any individual in 00.

On the other hand, if this show does go on as it is, then maybe we should vote for Kira to return and mess things up. Yeah, it wouldn't be right, but at least it'd be fuckin' hilarious.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2007-11-17 at 21:01.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:58   Link #32
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Voted for Graham and Sergei. Why are the Gundam 00 "villains" more likable than most of the lead characters? It disgusts me, sometimes.

I wonder if we'll ever get to see a REAL villain in this series. Ali looks like he'll be picking up that role, though really, he's just a mercenary... not really... a villain.

Bleh.

I can't wait til Sergei gets some more characterization going on. I'd love to know where he got that scar.
=========================

What?!!! You're telling me Celestial Being and the Gundam Meisters are not the villians in this series? Could of fooled me.

I'm still convinced that Saji and Lousie are the real heroes in this show with Sergei and Graham as sidekicks.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 21:46   Link #33
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

The meisters are simply following orders. If you want to call anyone on CB a villain, it'd have to be Sumeragi--but she is way too hott to be called a villain, so that rules out all of CB.

Don't you know the hott smart girls are never the villains?
Old 2007-11-17, 21:54   Link #34
lubczyk

Quote:
The meisters are simply following orders. If you want to call anyone on CB a villain, it'd have to be Sumeragi--but she is way too hott to be called a villain, so that rules out all of CB.

Don't you know the hott smart girls are never the villains?
So Soma's the villian!!! She's neither smart or hott. I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip Demongod86. Yes, the loli's the villian. It all makes sense now.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 22:22   Link #35
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
So Soma's the villian!!! She's neither smart or hott. I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip Demongod86. Yes, the loli's the villian. It all makes sense now.
no, cute girls are never the villain either, just victims who eventually join the protagonists side/harem.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:20   Link #36
-Wraith-

Lockon, Setsuna, Allelujah, and Graham.

At first i wanted to include Tieira in my list.. but, he turned out be like a Rey Za Burrel righteous my a*s type whose attitute would make Kira come and send him off CE.

Btw, i agree with ashlay.. Sooner or later, the harem's building up..
-Wraith- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 00:01   Link #37
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Right. Until she joins the harem, she actually *is* more or less a villain
Old 2007-11-18, 08:16   Link #38
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:

Don't you know the hot smart girls are never the villains?
fixed even though it's false.

hot smart girls as villians? examples are haman karn, rosamia, mour, reccoa, sarah, lllia, quess(she's legal for someone my age), rezin, katejina, those 3 armored chicks from the 3rd naruto movie, the espada women from bleach, and that's all i got.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.

Last edited by dom33; 2007-11-18 at 08:31.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 10:40   Link #39
FireChick

I voted Tieria because he looks cool to me even though he's like a...well, girly and evil version of Kyouya (Ouran High School Host Club).
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 10:56   Link #40
TrueKnight

Lockon, Sergei, Graham and Allelujah. Allelujah really picks up after ep 05.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote