AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-06, 12:19   Link #241
Goukamaru
Super-Pervert!

Of course American cosplayers look off key....

They're American. Anime is not nearly as widespread as it is in Japan. Some Americans go very in detail and make fabulous costumes but for most convention-goers cosplay isn't something they put time and effort into, they just go for fun...

I think generalizing Americans as crappy cosplayers is kind of dumb...

Anyway, I saw a pretty funny Jiraiya pic with a Jiraiya cosplayer peeking into a women's bathroom... it's floating around the net... anyone else seen it?
Goukamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 16:44   Link #242
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Not all JP cosplayers make their own outfits either.

I mean, Cospa takes commissions. Granted, their quality may be unparalleled but they're pretty damn pricey to have stuff "order made" ie, custom taylored to you.

I know a girl who got her Azumanga seifuku via a JP cosplay shop. I think she got hers here:
http://www.canal.ne.jp/~sumire/CATAL.../huyu/huyu.htm

At least most US cosplayers make an effort to make things themselves.
Riese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 17:16   Link #243
Kouji
StrykerX

Kankuro

Anko & Uzumaki

Kakashi, Shino & one of the ANBU members

Zabuza & Uzumaki
Old 2004-06-07, 00:44   Link #244
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
ahhhh
i got so much but cant post....
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 01:07   Link #245
DraGun
Sharingan Master

some of these are funny
DraGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 01:27   Link #246
Kouji
StrykerX

Ohayacon

Kabuto

Sakura

Kakashi & Uzumaki
Old 2004-06-07, 01:40   Link #247
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
All these cosplayers look like nerdy losers who have nothing better to do.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 12:54   Link #248
.Rurouni.
Anime addict

Send a message via ICQ to .Rurouni. Send a message via MSN to .Rurouni.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
All these cosplayers look like nerdy losers who have nothing better to do.
Indeed they look very stupid, dumb and fucking ugly
.Rurouni. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 13:40   Link #249
donna8157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
My bad

GAHHAHA, what's Akon done to Naruto

Where'd she get her Sasuke doll from?! I want one. =D
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 14:04   Link #250
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, I'm trying to improve on that. Because around a few pages back, there were pics of people dressed. As if they knew what they were doing. So, even though there's some mishaps. There's those that dress really perfect as well
Old 2004-06-08, 02:26   Link #251
Zrana

I've noticed a towards cosplayers, in particularly American cosplayers.

Those of you insulting them as having no life or something like hat--if they have no life, what does that make you who is sitting down and inslting them? At least they have proven that they can get out of the house and make something, even if it IS just going to an anime con.

Cosplaying in the US isn't what it is in Japan. As I understand it, Japanese take keeping from being embarassed pretty seriously, thus they strive to get a hold of costumes that are as perfect as possible and try to make sure that they'll look perfect in them. US cosplayers on the other hand look at cosplaying in much the same light as dressing up for halloween. If you have a kick ass costume, great, if not, oh well, the point is to have fun. Home made with barely any sewing skills, whatever, Thrown together in 2 days or painstakingly assemebled over the course of a year, it doesn't matter. Fun is the goal.

Thankfully there are alot of smart American cosplayers who do know beter than to cosplay something that they either can't make themselves or buy or that they couldn't appealingly pull off even if the costume was utterly and perfectly accurate. (I'm not saying they outnumber teh thrown together costumes or the costume that are done by people who don't care if they fit the character, just that there ARE alot of decent US cosplayers. They're easy to find. Just look for the crowds of peoples with cameras and there's bound to be a decent cosplayer in the middle of them more often than not.)

I cosplay for fun. Since I enjoy the feeling of "I made it!" and the feeling of knowing my costume is rate as I can make it compared to others, I always try for characters that I resemble somewhat and whose outfits are in my skill range. (With my costuming assembly skills increasing each time.)

Cosplaying is also a way of showing what series you like, and thus making it easier to find other fans of the same series when you go to a con. I've many friends I've made over the years due to this fact and if it wasn't for our costumes, good or ill made, those are friendships that may never have happened without cosplaying in all likelyhood.
Zrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 03:14   Link #252
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, it's great because not only that. But you can meet your favorite VAs in person for the very first time. Which's my dream, as I've only heard Johnny Young Bosch (Kiba), Scott McNeil (RedAlert), Monica Rial etc... in the anime.
Old 2004-06-09, 20:03   Link #253
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
here's some more if they haven't been posted yet...

and my favorites
ahh.. soo cute!

PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 22:29   Link #254
ma1nstream

Send a message via AIM to ma1nstream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrana

Those of you insulting them as having no life or something like hat--if they have no life, what does that make you who is sitting down and inslting them? At least they have proven that they can get out of the house and make something, even if it IS just going to an anime con.

Cosplaying in the US isn't what it is in Japan. As I understand it, Japanese take keeping from being embarassed pretty seriously, thus they strive to get a hold of costumes that are as perfect as possible and try to make sure that they'll look perfect in them. US cosplayers on the other hand look at cosplaying in much the same light as dressing up for halloween. If you have a kick ass costume, great, if not, oh well, the point is to have fun. Home made with barely any sewing skills, whatever, Thrown together in 2 days or painstakingly assemebled over the course of a year, it doesn't matter. Fun is the goal.

Thankfully there are alot of smart American cosplayers who do know beter than to cosplay something that they either can't make themselves or buy or that they couldn't appealingly pull off even if the costume was utterly and perfectly accurate. (I'm not saying they outnumber teh thrown together costumes or the costume that are done by people who don't care if they fit the character, just that there ARE alot of decent US cosplayers. They're easy to find. Just look for the crowds of peoples with cameras and there's bound to be a decent cosplayer in the middle of them more often than not.)

I cosplay for fun. Since I enjoy the feeling of "I made it!" and the feeling of knowing my costume is rate as I can make it compared to others, I always try for characters that I resemble somewhat and whose outfits are in my skill range. (With my costuming assembly skills increasing each time.)

Cosplaying is also a way of showing what series you like, and thus making it easier to find other fans of the same series when you go to a con. I've many friends I've made over the years due to this fact and if it wasn't for our costumes, good or ill made, those are friendships that may never have happened without cosplaying in all likelyhood.
wow, All I can say is Wow. thank you for standing up for the Americans, I was
getting sick of some of these morons saying crap because they dont have the
balls to dress up themselves, or think they are superior.

its all about the fun people! REMEMBER! FUN! FUNNN! the thing you used to have as a kid.
ma1nstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 23:58   Link #255
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, I went through alot of pics. Here's what I could find

Old 2004-06-13, 16:48   Link #256
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
Kakashi

K9Platnum685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 18:22   Link #257
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrana

There's a large difference between a bunch of obsessive compulsive maniacs whose entire life is a T.V. show, than a few people who spend a couple of hours a week discussing they're favorite show on a forum.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 10:18   Link #258
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Most popular Japanese woman cosplaying Naruto!

Alright, I've scanned the forum rules and there doesn't seem to be anything against posting a cosplayer, but if this is too off topic or inappropriate, feel free to lock or delete.

I saw this manga brochure at a Japanese bookstore the other day with a really cute Naruto cosplayer on the cover. So I did some searching, and found the same pictures posted on the brochure's website:

http://comics-news.shueisha.co.jp/co...e/osusume.html
[Click on Naruto > "Making of Natsucomi" to view most of the pictures]

Her name is Yuko Ogura, and I knew I heard that name somewhere before. Then it clicked, she was the most searched woman on Google Japan in 2003: http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist2003.html

She's also 20, and safe for drooling for all ages (though don't tell me if you're over 60 )
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 10:27   Link #259
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
eh, she's cute and all... and I don't mean to be an ass but her hair's not blond and she doesn't have the blue contacts. I've seen better....

for example: Her
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 10:33   Link #260
Late
Peelo

You scanned the rules but did not use search?

The Official Naruto Cosplay Thread
Late is offline   Reply With Quote