AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-05-07, 10:11   Link #181
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
So she doesn't have the chambered model, she's lucky :P
Anyhow a little something regarding the sound of the bass recording, I used my compressor and achieved a closer sound that the bass itself plus I do believe there is a bit of overdrive over the bass from a tube amp emulator like the VT Bass.
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 22:37   Link #182
piich

anyone know what piano they have in their club room?
piich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 02:06   Link #183
k3fan

This is bad. Really bad.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2...aged-in-flood/
k3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 01:50   Link #184
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
For those who're looking for cheap guitar, well you can get a very nice guitar with an excellent sound for $350-$380 its an Epiphone Les Paul 100. My first guitar was Epiphone Les Paul 100 and I'd say that its a very nice guitar to start and nice quality ^^.

BTW Yui has a Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunbrust Traditional, like this one:
Spoiler for IMG:
I know I'm going to get flamed for doing humanity some good, but any epiphone that doesn't cost more than $1000 isn't of decent quality for its price. Gibsons aren't good either, $2500 gibsons still have loads of quality issues.

So that guitar you recommended; the les paul 100, I've seen friends not heed my advice and end up with lemon guitars left and right. In terms of quality you'll find that the guitars have a rather poor fit and finish (loose/damaged strap pins, knobs insecure/not hammered in properly, switches not in the right way, electronics poorly done, TOM not hammered in properly, extremely fragile guitar given the wood that they use). They also have a tendency to neckdive severely.

Might I ask are you guys getting Gibson's guitars purely because of fandom? I think they're terrible in general, unless you fork out a car's worth of money for them.

You're so much better off going for Les Paul imitations from jap brands like tokai, greco, and other companies like ESP (win win win), Edwards, etc. For about the same price they provide a guitar which is actually worth its money.

I'll explain why Epiphone can afford to do this, its because of stuff like K-on and the overpromotion of it... along with fender's stuff, its the only stuff you see in a lot of guitar stores. The company is run by a businessman, not a guitarist or luthier.

Anyway sry for going OT. I shall dissapear now.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 05:58   Link #185
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
I know I'm going to get flamed for doing humanity some good, but any epiphone that doesn't cost more than $1000 isn't of decent quality for its price. Gibsons aren't good either, $2500 gibsons still have loads of quality issues.

So that guitar you recommended; the les paul 100, I've seen friends not heed my advice and end up with lemon guitars left and right. In terms of quality you'll find that the guitars have a rather poor fit and finish (loose/damaged strap pins, knobs insecure/not hammered in properly, switches not in the right way, electronics poorly done, TOM not hammered in properly, extremely fragile guitar given the wood that they use). They also have a tendency to neckdive severely.

Might I ask are you guys getting Gibson's guitars purely because of fandom? I think they're terrible in general, unless you fork out a car's worth of money for them.

You're so much better off going for Les Paul imitations from jap brands like tokai, greco, and other companies like ESP (win win win), Edwards, etc. For about the same price they provide a guitar which is actually worth its money.

I'll explain why Epiphone can afford to do this, its because of stuff like K-on and the overpromotion of it... along with fender's stuff, its the only stuff you see in a lot of guitar stores. The company is run by a businessman, not a guitarist or luthier.

Anyway sry for going OT. I shall dissapear now.
That's not OT, and I completely agree with you though the older Gibson models are amazing.
Old 2010-05-28, 01:49   Link #186
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am proud to admit that I am immune to getting myself a Guitar, an amp, a drum set, an electric piano, or a new pair of can. I am not proud though in having the first K-On and subsequently the sequel making me think that dropping a grand is nothing in music... $1,400 on two clarinets by the time K-On! was done ><

Speaking of soundcards with built-in amp, you can get Auzentech X-fi forte now. I am unconvinced about paying for a more expensive solution for us ordinary folks.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 07:45   Link #187
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You're right about cheaper alternatives for music appreciation.
I've been wanting to download a sound set program so that I can make music without a Korg Triton Extreme (or any real instrument, by extension). Unfortunately, my software ain't good enough for me to use it in its optimal form.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 09:33   Link #188
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I'm getting another Jazz Bass (The JB62-US, same model as Mio's though the only left handed version is the JB62, but you can see in the Anime the saddles are threaded so it means it's probably a special Mio bass - JB62-US XD)

I have an electric piano which I still can't play well but I will learn (Casio PX-130, great instrument)
And I have 2 guitars and a few basses :P
Old 2010-05-28, 14:53   Link #189
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
I'm getting another Jazz Bass (The JB62-US, same model as Mio's though the only left handed version is the JB62, but you can see in the Anime the saddles are threaded so it means it's probably a special Mio bass - JB62-US XD)

I have an electric piano which I still can't play well but I will learn (Casio PX-130, great instrument)
And I have 2 guitars and a few basses :P
The first thousand dollars I earn is going into buying a Keytar. I love those stuff but they are too expensive.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 18:01   Link #190
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I think HALKO is what got me thinking how cool keytars can really be, haha.

Tempted to grab that Azunyan set for aesthetic reasons ― same hair length + only 5cm taller than her. Would need to get a haircut, but hmm....

Get better at guitar → Wear face nurse mask thing with school uniform → Record and upload video → Leave people wondering what gender I am, hopefully.

.... What amazing motivation to get better at guitar, huh.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 15:21   Link #191
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
That's not OT, and I completely agree with you though the older Gibson models are amazing.
Whatever is outsourced to China has a limited time usage. Unlike the old guitars which age like good wine, newer versions made with cheaper material and less QC tend to go off more easily.

I haven't use my Ibanez past 5 months though. Maybe I should just play more random and harder notes to see how fast it wears out.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-29, 16:32   Link #192
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Whatever is outsourced to China has a limited time usage. Unlike the old guitars which age like good wine, newer versions made with cheaper material and less QC tend to go off more easily.

I haven't use my Ibanez past 5 months though. Maybe I should just play more random and harder notes to see how fast it wears out.
It depends, but Gibson aren't made in China, but still it seems the quality control is not the same as it used to be, the wood is different as well, in the old times Gibsons weighted tons and Fender's as well, today they are more light.
Old 2010-05-29, 16:42   Link #193
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It depends, but Gibson aren't made in China, but still it seems the quality control is not the same as it used to be, the wood is different as well, in the old times Gibsons weighted tons and Fender's as well, today they are more light.
I mean the smaller parts that are assembled in China, or the initial material before the finishes are made back at the original factories.

But I guess that is globalisation for you : cutting operational costs to increase profits.

Old 2010-05-30, 08:33   Link #194
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
I mean the smaller parts that are assembled in China, or the initial material before the finishes are made back at the original factories.

But I guess that is globalisation for you : cutting operational costs to increase profits.
I wouldn't say so, I don't think the small parts like the nut bridge etc are made in China, even string are still made in USA.
Old 2010-05-30, 12:40   Link #195
Sides

Quote:

Nah. Fender and gibson branded guitars, not "by fender/gibson", are normally build on the american continent. Fender guitars are build either in the US or mexico, but you do get sometimes a mix thing with fender, like the california series and highway ones. You just need to look at the pricing Fender American Standard (MIA) > Highway One (assembled in USA) > Standard (MIM). There is a special case wth fender, since fender japan makes the guitars for the Asian market and occationally they do release special models to the western market as well, like the reissued '62 telecaster.
Gibson guitars are only made in USA, hence the price.
Squier and Epiphone are basically your cheaper models made in ROC, PRC, South Corea, India aso.

As for quality and sound of current of gibson guitars, they are good, they just sound modern. Sound is different because constant updates. I.e. the current les paul (2008) is chambered and has a circuit board. Of course it sound different, it is just made for a new generation of players. People who wants the older sound either have a old model at home, could get one of the special editions or they can get one from the custom shop. It is just keeping up with time.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 16:09   Link #196
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I have to say, not always cheaper says worst, I've heard some Squiers that sounds better then some MIA Fenders...
Old 2010-05-30, 17:39   Link #197
Sides

Quote:
I have to say, not always cheaper says worst, I've heard some Squiers that sounds better then some MIA Fenders...
Unless you are talking about the MIJ/CIJ squiers (or even mexican and US ones), no. Corean and ROC ones are OK, but if you compared it to the old MIJ squiers there is a big gap between them.
My old squier was rock solid, still annoyed selling it back then. I do own a ROC one which is awesome, because after each jam session i had to put it back together. One day it is going to be sacrificed on stage.
But what happend to the japanese companies back then, from making value alternative to become high quality and respected manufacturers/companies, won't happen again.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 10:14   Link #198
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Unless you are talking about the MIJ/CIJ squiers (or even mexican and US ones), no. Corean and ROC ones are OK, but if you compared it to the old MIJ squiers there is a big gap between them.
My old squier was rock solid, still annoyed selling it back then. I do own a ROC one which is awesome, because after each jam session i had to put it back together. One day it is going to be sacrificed on stage.
But what happend to the japanese companies back then, from making value alternative to become high quality and respected manufacturers/companies, won't happen again.
Probably not. My Ibanez GRX-140 (which I named Azusa) still looks and plays okay to me. Hope it lasts.

Old 2010-05-31, 13:22   Link #199
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

It will last, the parts are not made from paper lol
Old 2010-05-31, 16:02   Link #200
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It will last, the parts are not made from paper lol
You probably haven't seen how I play the piano. It goes out of tune every now and then that I have to learn how to tune it myself, just to save money.