AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 19:42   Link #11881
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Sp Karon makes a world of cardboard speech Well, every shonen epic fight scene has one, so why not?

What exactly is unique about Karon's Vandam? I'm including her in Shadow as a pilot (no romance, don't worry) and I'd like to know more apart from her being the Singaporean candidate and an Idol singer.
Old 2011-12-08, 22:03   Link #11882
HasuMasu
*Artist

I didn't know kaizer was a fan of IS.

And yes, my fic will definitely include Utsuho and the other personal IS user mentioned in Volume 7.
Old 2011-12-08, 22:06   Link #11883
Eratas123

@ Box - Is she still as strong as she was in V7? There's no challenge if she is.
Old 2011-12-08, 22:56   Link #11884
HasuMasu
*Artist

Who, Tatenashi? Well, she's using a prototype for Mysterious Lady with significantly less armaments, so...

But if you're talking about the other girl from Volume 7, then yes, she's even portrayed to be Tatenashi's Vegeta.
Old 2011-12-08, 22:59   Link #11885
Eratas123

@ Box - Didn't she complete Mysterious Lady herself? I doubt she was changing units mid-year.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:01   Link #11886
HasuMasu
*Artist

She completed it sometime in her 2nd year, and since this is her freshman year, then...

Lacking in armaments means I can give them to her as the story goes, so she gets stronger parallel to my OC.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:04   Link #11887
Eratas123

@ Box - Your OC is stronger than Tatenashi? Um.....are you sure you wanna take that risk?
Old 2011-12-08, 23:12   Link #11888
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Box - Your OC is stronger than Tatenashi? Um.....are you sure you wanna take that risk?
What? I never said that.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:15   Link #11889
Eratas123

@ Box - Didn't you says she gets stronger to parallel your OC? That means your OC is stronger than her since she has to get stromger to parallel her.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:23   Link #11890
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - Sp Karon makes a world of cardboard speech Well, every shonen epic fight scene has one, so why not?

What exactly is unique about Karon's Vandam? I'm including her in Shadow as a pilot (no romance, don't worry) and I'd like to know more apart from her being the Singaporean candidate and an Idol singer.
Firstly, she's my medium for channelling epic speeches with a female twist. Its rather hard to get the balance right, and I love the challenge of it.

Karon is forever positive, and is always the one to say something that could help the others see something within themselves. However, she is human, and has her limits, which is why it took a horribly dark twist of SHOOTiNG ST@RS own success coming back to haunt her to shed some light on something that my readers by then would have noticed, that she's the least character-developed of the idols in S1 and S2. It would test her ability to remain herself while finding her 'niche' -- which is to support and inspire other Idols. It then leads in to Season 3's new idol team formed around herself as Karon takes rookies under her wing.

She has few strong points, is mostly average across several parameters, and is very weak outside her IS. All that she has is related to music: she's a guitar player, owns a Fender Mustang named Muttan (her IS guitar is likewise called Giga-Muttan), and writes a few songs of her own. Balance is what she mastered completely. Inside an IS, the system compensates, and her own talents come to light.

Like Karon, Vandam is also a balanced machine. Lightweight and so modular that the IS itself is just the core and backpack. It's shoulders, arms, legs and weapons are all equalizers. Backing this up is the Invent System, which uses data generated by the IS in combat to create more equalizers using the Meister Egg template constructor that can solve the impasse.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:31   Link #11891
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Thanks, that helps a lot I needed to know how she manages to fight the golem ij the concert and if she could take it on her own and without any help. The first part will be Irish distracting it since she left her IS in the dressing room (managers orders) and the secomd part is her owning the golem as it nearly smashes the building in two. After that comes the start of the snarky relationship
Old 2011-12-08, 23:31   Link #11892
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@ Box - Didn't you says she gets stronger to parallel your OC? That means your OC is stronger than her since she has to get stromger to parallel her.
Not exactly, it just means that they both get stronger over the course of the story.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:40   Link #11893
Eratas123

@ Box - Okay, makes sense
Old 2011-12-08, 23:42   Link #11894
HasuMasu
*Artist

Yeah, she never gets to win against Tatenashi though, even with the vast difference in their units' powers.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:48   Link #11895
Eratas123

@ Box - Awesome machine and bad pilot? That tends to be common. Also, what's she the rep cadidate of? She has a personal unit so she has to have one.
Old 2011-12-09, 00:02   Link #11896
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@ Box - Awesome machine and bad pilot? That tends to be common. Also, what's she the rep cadidate of? She has a personal unit so she has to have one.
Japan, but the IS itself is a joint project with America.

Tatenashi is a hax pilot anyway, so it's just her IS that gets stronger, as for the OC, her IS is awesome from the beginning but she's an average pilot.

Which leads to, why the hell was she chosen in the first place?
Old 2011-12-09, 00:06   Link #11897
Eratas123

@ Box - They pick based on aptitude, not skill. Cecilia's a crappy sniper, didn't stop her from getting picked to pilot the long range unit
Old 2011-12-09, 00:11   Link #11898
HasuMasu
*Artist

Exactly, somehow she just ends up having the highest aptitude for the Lost in Nightmares system.

It somewhat makes up for her average piloting at first, but she stops relying on it eventually.
Old 2011-12-09, 00:14   Link #11899
Eratas123

@ Box - Does that mean she eventually gets replaced by Kanzashi? Kanzashi's the rep come Tatenashi's second year.
Old 2011-12-09, 00:21   Link #11900
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@ Box - Does that mean she eventually gets replaced by Kanzashi? Kanzashi's the rep come Tatenashi's second year.
That's right, the story doesn't go beyond Tatenashi's freshman year, the OC will probably end up dying by the end, maybe not if she ends up getting a love interest.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest