AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2010-07-26, 07:11   Link #41
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
We need more groups like MG to join this super-thin industry, I'd actually pay for a localization of a good game. They brought us Higurashi but that's not enough.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 08:13   Link #42
Elvin

New PV on utube's nitro+ channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-XPKihvj24

Like sky clad observer better :|
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 18:57   Link #43
winkel

It doesn't replace Sky-Clad. It's an image song that will be used in the middle of the game, not as the OP.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 21:49   Link #44
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
We need more groups like MG to join this super-thin industry, I'd actually pay for a localization of a good game. They brought us Higurashi but that's not enough.
I think the biggest problem nowadays in gaming industry is: quality < sales (business-wise)

If a Japanese game is going to lose money, chances are it will not get localized. We all can see how "well" quality shoujo manga did in the US. I think what we need is smarter and better informed fans/consumers.

As long as releasing VNs in US is "subsidized" by sales from elsewhere, we will never get anywhere. As for now... I may import the game when my wallet permits me to.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:00   Link #45
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
They should have released this on the 21st, not the 26th...

I'm gonna get this game. I still don't have a JP X360 (going to get one because I finally want to play Senko no Ronde DUO), so I was really looking forward to this (and Mahou Tsukai no Yoru).

Now guys... Port 428 over to PC and I'm really happy. It's so much easier to play through VNs when you can hook the text.
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:19   Link #46
Aaerul

Quote:
People don't understand. There is no user-demand for this stuff outside of Japan. Hardly anyone know what a visual novel is. No one will buy it.
What's worse is that, the eroge industry in Japan isn't at all interested in expanding to Western shores any time soon. In fact they feel the contrary. They fear that it might spread and they're doing everything to contain it to Japan only.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 20:44   Link #47
Elvin

So... this is out... *cough*
Any non-spoiler impressions?
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 22:56   Link #48
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

I ordered the game, and is now a couple of hours into the game (Chapter 2). I really enjoyed it - the story is a mix of hard sci-fi, a healthy amount of funny geek/otaku parodies, art style is unique yet looks good. Anyway, for darn sure when the animated version is released, it will be pain of butt to the translator :P

It does has an annoying copyright check system. It is impossible for now to run on 2 computers the same time legitimately. However, that copyright system is due to expire by Feb 2011.
Old 2010-09-07, 13:48   Link #49
asrielchase

Finished all the routes and the true ending just now, the whole game took me around 50 hours. Definitely not going to regret spending my weekend on this.

I've only played a few AVGs, tried this one because of its genre and popularity since I always like sci-fi and time-traveling stuff. The script and pace wasn't flawless, especially the specific routes of some of the heroines, but the last 3 chapters had some of the best scenario I've seen and they were executed brilliantly. Everything becomes clear and all the loose ends were tied, very satisfied after completing the true end. I think I've read a comment on the net somewhere that "the story is so good I want to erase all my memory about it and play again". Indeed!! I think I'll actually go and play it once again before the anime comes out. The official guidebook looks really tempting too....

Speaking of anime adaptation, the story's pieced together with so many worlds and timelines in order to be complete, I don't even know if 24 episodes are enough...
Anyway it doesn't matter how this turns out all I wanna see is a moving Kurisu.
Old 2010-09-19, 04:07   Link #50
yuugi99

Did it take place in the same world as Chaos Head? I heard the setting takes place 1 year after that game.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 23:34   Link #51
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Finished all the routes and the true ending just now, the whole game took me around 50 hours. Definitely not going to regret spending my weekend on this.

I've only played a few AVGs, tried this one because of its genre and popularity since I always like sci-fi and time-traveling stuff. The script and pace wasn't flawless, especially the specific routes of some of the heroines, but the last 3 chapters had some of the best scenario I've seen and they were executed brilliantly. Everything becomes clear and all the loose ends were tied, very satisfied after completing the true end. I think I've read a comment on the net somewhere that "the story is so good I want to erase all my memory about it and play again". Indeed!! I think I'll actually go and play it once again before the anime comes out. The official guidebook looks really tempting too....
Played through Chapter 4... I will have to say it is amazing so far. It combines humorous parodies to some quite already disturbing and scary scenes (and it will get worse than that, as I kind of know some spoilers already).

What amazed me the most so far is the detail put into the script to make... the weird stuff and paradoxes stand out. Without spoiling, like subtle details in honorifics in describing teenage boys and girls, and how Akihabara itself changes when ... weird stuff happens. Of course there are flaws as well, I did not like the references to certain real world businesses and agencies. Spoiler:
Spoiler for Parody:

From what I can tell so far, the plot reminds me Frankenstein and The Lathe of Heaven. I think some Sci-Fi novel fans with good otaku knowledge will enjoy the most of the game.
Quote:
Speaking of anime adaptation, the story's pieced together with so many worlds and timelines in order to be complete, I don't even know if 24 episodes are enough...
There is heavy amount of "jargon" - from Internet slangs to science phrases; and in the game, they have a dictionary thingy that explains what "w" to "Schrodinger's Cat" mean. It is not easy to put that on TV even for Japanese audience I think. It will be a challenge to animate... not to mention to fansub/release in English.

Quote:
Did it take place in the same world as Chaos Head? I heard the setting takes place 1 year after that game.
It does, but I have not played Chaos Head. So I cannot really comment on the content of Chaos Head itself.
Old 2010-09-19, 23:47   Link #52
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Chaos;Head was terrible, I hope its not the suckfest that its predecessor ended up being.
Old 2010-09-20, 00:33   Link #53
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Chaos;Head was terrible, I hope its not the suckfest that its predecessor ended up being.
I do heard the Chaos;Head the anime being quite bad. I do hear good things about the actual game itself.

So far the story of the game version of Steins;Gate is amazing. There are Sci-Fi novels with comparable plot lines, but I have not seen any JP game done this way. The challenge now is to turn the game to some other medium; a novel, quite easy, in fact it has already been done; an anime... that will not be easy, I think.
Old 2010-10-01, 09:55   Link #54
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Finished the game two days ago. Fully satisfied. I haven't played a game make my eyes wet for a while. Only minor complain is the game crashes too much.

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2010-11-07, 21:56   Link #55
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Can someone tell me how tsundere is Makise?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 06:09   Link #56
YamaMX

Kind of sad to stumble upon this so late and still see no translation. The OP seemed willing, yet nobody really wanted it? Personally, I'd love for a translation of the script. This seems like one of the more unique VN's out there, would love to fully understand every tidbit.
YamaMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 12:11   Link #57
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

at chapter 7 now
and now I sure that 12 episodes of anime adaptation is not enough

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 08:49   Link #58
kyosak
poo

Wow I just got through chapter 5 and what a freaking turning point!
I already knew that
Spoiler:
from just reading the summary on Wiki but that still caught me off guard.

Spoiler:

Now I've got too much adrenaline flowing and I can't even go to sleep anymore -___-
It'll only get more epic from here on I assume, yeh?
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 21:19   Link #59
kyosak
poo

Cleared the true end a few hours ago. Definitely worth playing.

I don't think I've ever had a game make me think so much. All these different world lines and time leaps... My mind kept wandering, looking for plot holes at every opportunity. My brain hurts so I can finally give that a rest xD
Spoiler:

I'm sort of worried about the anime remake. I think it's going to take a godly director and lots of episodes to pull this off properly... Maybe I'm being too pessimistic :P
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:29   Link #60
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Finished it two days ago
Actually I want to gave it score 9/10
but after read operation valhalla on steins;gate illustration book
everything is explainable
so I gave it 9.8/10!!!!!!!!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote