AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 21:59   Link #6241
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
hey dont diss seattle, they have a pretty good team, if ur gonna hate, hate the pats
Most hated team in the country
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:03   Link #6242
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Also, as a Pats fan myself, I have always wondered, why is there such a profound hate for the patriots? Is it because of Spygate? is it because of how they keep getting lucky in the playoffs? (missed field goal, tuck rule) Is it because they have kind of been the Yankees of the NFL for the past 10 years? Or a possible mixture of all 3?
For me, all three, plus how they keep getting the easiest (or damn near easiest) schedule in the league year in and year out. If there wasn't an established system for how schedules were made, I'd swear there was something fishy going on.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:13   Link #6243
Yye1
Wide Right

For me its a mixture of getting an easy schedule, getting suspiciously lucky with calls, Tom Brady, Bill Belichik, spygate and one more time, Tom Brady.

I dont care about them being the Yankees, considering im a Yankees fan

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:33   Link #6244
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Established system or not, SOS for next year never really matters due to the improvements/regression of teams in a new season. In 2011, the Panthers had the hardest schedule heading into the season; at years end it was only 15th or 16th, something middle of the road like that.

Besides, the idea that New England has an easy first glance SOS year in and year out is kind of false.

2013: 12th
2012: 32nd
2011: 15th
2010: 6th
2009: 3rd
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 23:02   Link #6245
sky black swordman

Quote:
Also, as a Pats fan myself, I have always wondered, why is there such a profound hate for the patriots? Is it because of Spygate? is it because of how they keep getting lucky in the playoffs? (missed field goal, tuck rule) Is it because they have kind of been the Yankees of the NFL for the past 10 years? Or a possible mixture of all 3?
All of thy above. But most importantly "The Tuck rule" and the fact that for reason many calls that Tom Brady gets are almost never call when it comes to other QB's.
Old 2013-01-14, 00:13   Link #6246
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Besides, the idea that New England has an easy first glance SOS year in and year out is kind of false.

2013: 12th
2012: 32nd
2011: 15th
2010: 6th
2009: 3rd
Hmmm I feel like the recent drop is SOS is probably from them being in the AFC East, and no offense to fans of the other 3 teams, but the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets have been pretty weak the last 2 seasons.

I will agree that Brady probably does get some calls to go his way just because of the status that he holds in the NFL, but most big name players seem to get extra leeway in what they can do over other players. Not trying to excuse Brady for it, just saying that its not just Brady that this happens with.

Honestly though, why hold the tuck rule against the Pats? It was the league that put in the stupid rule (and yes, even as a Pats fan I agree its a stupid rule), the Pats just got lucky with it at the best possible time. But basically the reasons I suspected are pretty much dead on it seems since everyone is agreeing with all of them
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 00:24   Link #6247
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
hey dont diss seattle, they have a pretty good team, if ur gonna hate, hate the pats
Sorry my friend. That's like asking the Giants not to hate the Eagles. It just doesn't make sense. Seattle is a division rival. Of course I'm going to hate on them. I don't like them. It's par for the course. And, their fans are quite obnoxious as well. I thought this was funny personally:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...-seahawks.html

Oh and if you saw the actual game today, Richard Sherman was a punk. Doing a golf clap in the face of Roddy White after he got burned for a touchdown, as if no one could ever beat Sherman deep and White simply got lucky.

Then just to be an ass he purposely goes offsides on the PAT twice. Dude needs to get bopped upside the head.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 00:32   Link #6248
Yye1
Wide Right

^if ur in division, its out of the window, if u want obnoxious, talk to any boston area sports fan, they r the epitome of obnoxious.

Its not just the tuck rule, a penalty is called when the pass rusher so much as touches Brady, I feel like

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 00:37   Link #6249
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Any area where sports are big (and mostly successful) are going to have lots of obnoxious fans, dude.
Old 2013-01-14, 00:40   Link #6250
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

C'mon, Harbaugh bowl...
Old 2013-01-14, 00:49   Link #6251
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
C'mon, Harbaugh bowl...
Just when that was so close to possibility last year...
Old 2013-01-14, 04:34   Link #6252
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

My feelings on today's games:

- New England will be Gronk-less for the rest of the season. But considering Houston's offense is limited to Foster and Johnson, there was no threat of Houston being able to win a shootout. And the AFC rematch is on.

- Another thriller in Atlanta. Credit to Atlanta, they're no longer the one and outs. But they really let Seattle get too much of a comeback on. Mike Turner finally showing up mattered as much as Matt Ryan's improved arm. Seattle's mishaps in the 1st half were fatal. But hey, they exceeded expectations and there's a lot to like about their future.

As for the Sherman v White thing - I have zero sympathy for Roddy White. He's as big a trash talker as Sherman, if not bigger. Someone who says there's nothing good about the city of New Orleans at all or that no other team in this league has a chance against them? I hope San Fran clips the Falcons' wings so I can see Roddy White cry himself a river like he did when he threw the game in New Orleans.

Incidentally, the three teams I enjoy watching most are San Fran, Seattle and Baltimore. I'm sure Samari thinks that's criminal but I don't care.

And if Russell Wilson doesn't win Rookie of the Year....the voting body are a bunch of fools. Because let's be fair - out of all the starting QBs in the league, who would you rate better than Wilson? Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees. I'd only put those four ahead of Wilson this year. Luck did led a developing team into the playoffs but he was a turnover machine as well. RG3 was entertaining and has turned his team around big time but you always wonder if each game is his last the way he plays. Wilson was more clutch for me.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:36   Link #6253
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And if Russell Wilson doesn't win Rookie of the Year....the voting body are a bunch of fools. Because let's be fair - out of all the starting QBs in the league, who would you rate better than Wilson? Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees. I'd only put those four ahead of Wilson this year. Luck did led a developing team into the playoffs but he was a turnover machine as well. RG3 was entertaining and has turned his team around big time but you always wonder if each game is his last the way he plays. Wilson was more clutch for me.
Well I certainly believe Wilson is the better story, I still would have to give ROE to Andrew Luck just because of the team that he was on. Most people had the Colts going like 3-13 this season and then Luck pretty much carries them on his back into the playoffs. He had 7 game winning drives in 4th quarter, 6 of which were from behind. Seattle was a better team to start with and that obviously helped Wilson's play. You are probably right though, Luck did have some turn over problems which is the only thing that I think prevents him from winning it over Wilson and Griffin won't win it just because of the time he lost to injury.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 09:44   Link #6254
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
It's not the Pats fault that they play in a division with weak teams. Why don't you complain about Miami and Buffalo for not spending enough or making the right decisions to be competitive?

The rest of their schedule is defined by rule. This year the AFC East played the NFC West which resulted in two of the Pats four losses to Seattle and Frisco. In the AFC the East played the South and faced two other playoff teams, Houston and Indianapolis. As the AFC East champion in 2011, the Pats remaining two games came against last year's first-place teams in the AFC North and West, Denver and Baltimore. So six of the teams they faced are in the playoffs.

Of course, I don't expect rational explanations will affect anyone's opinion of the Patriots. Mostly I just attribute the negativity to envy.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-01-14 at 12:08.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 10:11   Link #6255
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I was defending the Patriots. . .
Old 2013-01-14, 10:17   Link #6256
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think Seiji was just elaborating on your point. Anyways, the idea that most Boston fans are 'obnoxious' is pretty silly and clearly being directly refuted by the Patriots fans posting in this thread...

Quote:
^if ur in division, its out of the window, if u want obnoxious, talk to any boston area sports fan, they r the epitome of obnoxious.

Its not just the tuck rule, a penalty is called when the pass rusher so much as touches Brady, I feel like
You don't watch many Patriots games, if you think that. Some games, Brady gets roughed up quite a bit and when it happens it usually does not bode well for their winning.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 11:37   Link #6257
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I think Seiji was just elaborating on your point. Anyways, the idea that most Boston fans are 'obnoxious' is pretty silly and clearly being directly refuted by the Patriots fans posting in this thread...
Every fanbase has obnoxious fans. Show me a team that's been "winning" for over 10 years, and I'll show you a fanbase that's even more obnoxious than average. Note the "most", not "all".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 11:39   Link #6258
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Every fanbase has obnoxious fans. Show me a team that's been "winning" for over 10 years, and I'll show you a fanbase that's even more obnoxious than average. Note the "most", not "all".
Yeah, but if you look at who I was replying to (claiming all Boston fans are obnoxious), you should see what I'm attempting to refute...
Old 2013-01-14, 16:38   Link #6259
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Also, as a Pats fan myself, I have always wondered, why is there such a profound hate for the patriots?
http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...hate_patriots/

And would Tom Brady do anything like this after a loss?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kyuu; 2013-01-14 at 16:56.
Old 2013-01-14, 17:03   Link #6260
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Give me a break, he is a very respectful guy. Can you point me to any instance of him badmouthing or disrespecting an opponent? He's a very competitive guy on the field, but I've never heard him take a shot at a player/team and he always makes it a point to explain the strengths of his opponents. He always compliments his opponents, even when they aren't very good! It's one thing to dislike him for his success given the factional nature of sports, it's another to basically just lie and misrepresent his character.

Tags
american football, sports