AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 15:41   Link #821
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2013-02-26, 15:50   Link #822
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*whacks jeroz*

Bad boy, go sit in a corner and reflect on your actions!

If u's gets popular enough, maybe they can get into those idol athletic tournaments like in IM@S episode 10, then we can see DANKETSU vs TANOSHII in action
Same studio, worth thinking about. Personally I never got the hate for Xenoglossia other than it wasn't the same concept as the game and the characters were AU versions. Apparently that pissed people off a hell of a lot more than it did me though.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 17:29   Link #823
Enternal

Darn it! I can't take it anymore!!
Spoiler:

Courtesy of ninnnek0 from Twitter.

I don't know if it's me only but so far, almost every episode I spend quite a lot of time snapshotting. Crazy me.

Oh forgot to add:
Spoiler:

Animated gif (you have to open up the link). Found somewhere on Twitter. Lots of air kissing Umi!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 17:37   Link #824
Candyshark

tbh I'm looking forward more smilling and energetic Eri. Last 2 episodes made me pay attention to Nozomi more. She is not out of race for third girl in my perfect trinity seat.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 18:14   Link #825
kitten320

For me Eri was always the one who picked my attention the most with Umi and Nozomi close behind.
Old 2013-02-26, 18:15   Link #826
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2013-02-26, 18:46   Link #827
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at least glad the Eri saga has passed. Now the group has been assembled and can see how things unfold with the episodes remaining.

Still can't say I liked Eri's character or attitude much, but it is what it is. At least gave her some background to put things in perspective.

Gotta give Nozomi credit for plotting things out this far . Managed from the shadows to arrange things nicely and now they have a large group ready to go. Time to go up the rankings.
Old 2013-02-26, 19:12   Link #828
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just saw the episode 0 of Love Live! This is an interesting episode for those who do not know the band "Muse" before the anime and there are also Live with seyu characters
Old 2013-02-26, 20:13   Link #829
Candyshark

It is terrifying to think that Eri's father could have been certain okama.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 20:14   Link #830
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well at least glad the Eri saga has passed. Now the group has been assembled and can see how things unfold with the episodes remaining.

Still can't say I liked Eri's character or attitude much, but it is what it is. At least gave her some background to put things in perspective.
Here's my take on Eri, after this episode:

Eri never fully recovered from her dream of being a successful ballerina becoming crushed. She also disliked not being able to do anything to try to save her school from being closed down, in spite of how she was Student Council President.

Then Muse came along. Muse is doing both things that Eri wanted to - Pursuing a personal passion (being a school idol group in Muse's case) while also trying to save the school.

To add insult to injury, Muse has neither Eri's dancing ability, nor a role of responsibility like Student Council President. It probably really stuck in Eri's craw that these overly emotional upstarts are getting to do everything Eri wanted to do even though Eri (in her own mind) is the person much better positioned and well-suited to being the one doing what Muse is doing.

But I think Eri had an "eureka!" moment when her own little sister really spoke up for Muse. I think that Eri realized that while sheer technical merit is valuable, there is also importance in real heart, emotion, and sincerity carrying someone forward. And Muse did in fact have that. That's something that even Eri had to acknowledge. And that's when her feelings towards Muse started to waver.

Nozomi and Honoka basically brought Eri the rest of the way. Nozomi made Eri realize that Eri, deep down, would rather be working with Muse than against them. And then Honoka's unflappable drive, forgiveness, and kindness managed to melt through even Eri's rough exterior.

Eri's a bit of a blunt perfectionist. But her heart is in the right place; it just takes a lot of effort and work to get through to it.
Old 2013-02-26, 20:24   Link #831
Hachitora

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Its quite annoying, but my brain can't stop drawing parallels between u's and 765Pro!!
Yeah I can see them too, mostly with Umi looking like Chihaya to me :P Hopefully A-Rise isn't anything like Jupiter was...

Just saw episode 0, and I think it was a good intro to µ's as a whole, not just the anime. It'll probably clear the heads of the people who were wondering how Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life was released about 3 years ago =w=
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 21:11   Link #832
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Spoiler for size:

Old 2013-02-26, 22:00   Link #833
Enternal

My take on Eri is a bit different. When she was a child, she enjoyed ballet. However she was never chosen. That made her think that enjoying what she did hinders her from being chosen. Fun = No Progress. That's something that Nozomi pointed out. Eri have always been working for others even though she herself is not enjoying what she does. She merely does them at the best of her abilities for others to enjoy.

Now here's Muse who is also trying to help the school. However, they don't have the ability, responsibility, and seems to mostly just have fun. Added to the insult, the school principal allows them to help the school while she herself was not allowed to even though she has the sincerity and heart to do so. What she probably saw in Muse is probably her past self and how "having fun" and "passion" made her failed. However once her sister pointed out that she feels happy from watching Muse, Eli started to realize that perhaps her thinking of what made her failed in the past might in fact be wrong. What she really wanted to do was have fun. However she believed that having fun = failure leads her to be so serious compared to how happy and much she smiled as a child.

Basically her current self is the result of thinking that her passion and love for what she did leads to her failure and in fact she must sacrifice herself for others. Muse however proves that's not the case and Eri can once again act true to her heart. That's why after the whole incident, you can see her smile so much and so earnestly. She's really happy now and really happy that she gets to do what she wants!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 22:01   Link #834
kitten320

^That artist really loves those 2 together

Triple_R
Bravo, I think you summarized her character to a T

Enternal
That's a nice take on here too.
It actually could be both.
Old 2013-02-26, 22:21   Link #835
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
My take on Eri is a bit different. When she was a child, she enjoyed ballet. However she was never chosen. That made her think that enjoying what she did hinders her from being chosen. Fun = No Progress. That's something that Nozomi pointed out. Eri have always been working for others even though she herself is not enjoying what she does. She merely does them at the best of her abilities for others to enjoy.

Now here's Muse who is also trying to help the school. However, they don't have the ability, responsibility, and seems to mostly just have fun. Added to the insult, the school principal allows them to help the school while she herself was not allowed to even though she has the sincerity and heart to do so. What she probably saw in Muse is probably her past self and how "having fun" and "passion" made her failed. However once her sister pointed out that she feels happy from watching Muse, Eli started to realize that perhaps her thinking of what made her failed in the past might in fact be wrong. What she really wanted to do was have fun. However she believed that having fun = failure leads her to be so serious compared to how happy and much she smiled as a child.

Basically her current self is the result of thinking that her passion and love for what she did leads to her failure and in fact she must sacrifice herself for others. Muse however proves that's not the case and Eri can once again act true to her heart. That's why after the whole incident, you can see her smile so much and so earnestly. She's really happy now and really happy that she gets to do what she wants!
I agree with you. Very well said. You elaborated nicely on things I couldn't quite find the words for. Still, this ties into what I meant by Eri having an "Eureka!" moment based on her sister's heartfelt complimentary comments about Muse.

I think that for Eri, if you're striving towards a serious goal, it should be and feel like a difficult chore. Otherwise, you're just "fooling around", in her opinion. If you enjoy it too much, you'll fail, like Eri feels she did at ballet. This sums up Eri's views until the mid-point or so of this episode.

And I think that Eri's sister, Nozomi, and Hanako helped Eri realize that it's possible to work hard towards a serious goal, while also enjoying that "work" in the process. And so yeah, that's why Eri has her smile back. She's really enjoying what she's doing now. She also wants to be in Muse for its own sake (i.e. for the sheer fun of it all), and she no longer thinks that'll jeopardize the likelihood of them successfully saving the school.

Just to be clear, I like Eri now, and I think she's a wonderful character for this show. I think this show benefited from having Eri as a serious antagonist until the mid-point of this episode. It was good to have a strong philosophical foil for Honoka. I'm glad that it took 8 episodes for Eri to be won over. It made it that much sweeter to see her character change and develop in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^That artist really loves those 2 together

Triple_R
Bravo, I think you summarized her character to a T

Enternal
That's a nice take on here too.
It actually could be both.
Thanks a lot!
Old 2013-02-26, 22:42   Link #836
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Not to get in the way of the conversation, but Chiaki where did you find this and where can I order Maki-Sama~
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 22:43   Link #837
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Eri plan would of fail a long boring speech putting people to sleep
Old 2013-02-26, 23:27   Link #838
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

nozomi's hypnotic ................ .................. -_-zzzZZZZzzz..........raped boobs

Old 2013-02-26, 23:29   Link #839
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post

nozomi's hypnotic
Must....obey....must....join....Nozomi...empire...

*Shakes head* Wait! No! I mustn't! I can never betray Maki-sama! But...Nozomi...commands me to...no!!! I must resist!

RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 23:45   Link #840
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Must....obey....must....join....Nozomi...empire...

*Shakes head* Wait! No! I mustn't! I can never betray Maki-sama! But...Nozomi...commands me to...no!!! I must resist!

Spoiler for Hypnosis Seal is Broken:

Behold! Welcome back to the Empire
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life