AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-29, 15:20   Link #2061
Frontier

I admit, I did find the first-name basis of the Akatsuki family to be pretty weird. It was one of the reasons I just instinctively thought Nagisa and Kojou weren't blood-related siblings, plus the hair color difference. But I guess Nagisa gets her normal black hair from her father .

So Mimori's husband, and Kojou and Nagisa's dad, is named Gajou? I have to say, after meeting his mom, I can't wait to see what Kojou's dad is like .
Old 2014-05-01, 05:48   Link #2062
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Mimori's husband, and Kojou and Nagisa's dad, is named Gajou? I have to say, after meeting his mom, I can't wait to see what Kojou's dad is like .
If they decide to do a second season you won't have to wait for long. He makes his debut in volume 7.
Old 2014-06-02, 04:28   Link #2063
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Finally finished the series from the conclusion to the Fullmetal Petite Alchemist Arc to the How I Met Your Mother and Father in the Past Arc.

The Return of the Alchemist Arc was great because you can adjust Amatsuka Kou's powerlevels depending on the number of encounters you have with the guy. Too bad, he doesn't get that much time to mope around when the real bad guy appears and Avrora has to step in to make her glorious entrance.

The Empire of Dawn Arc is also a decent closure arc. It not only introduces a conflict for the relationship that has been going strong for three months since the first panchira, but it also confirms some stuff, particularly "who won". And damn, the fruits of their labor was quite scrumptious too.

To those who questioned about Yukina's misunderstanding the Simba.org's letter, I think it's something to be expected on her, especially after that nightmare about Sekkarou shattering and parting ways with Kojou. She's not really an experienced Kennagi compared to Sayaka, and can sometimes be a scatterbrain.

Not sure if I would continue the adventure on the light novels, but I guess hearing IEE SENPAI once more wouldn't hurt...

Entry #202 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 13:09   Link #2064
Kakurin
大佐

Seeing the BD version of episode 12 I realised just how bad the drawing was in the TV version. The faces were sometimes just hideous. Here are a few examples with their BD counterparts.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-06-13, 19:40   Link #2065
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's not bad, actually.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-06-13, 21:44   Link #2066
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Seeing the BD version of episode 12 I realised just how bad the drawing was in the TV version. The faces were sometimes just hideous. Here are a few examples with their BD counterparts.

Images

Is there more from the previous episodes?

I remember some but can't tell which episodes.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:12   Link #2067
bakato

Quote:

Images
Thank you. Now I have to go remix all my saved videos.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:47   Link #2068
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Is there more from the previous episodes?

I remember some but can't tell which episodes.
Those are from the arc where La Folia and Kanon were introduced: the Amphisbaena Arc.
The screenshots are probably from Episode 12.

Old 2014-06-13, 23:58   Link #2069
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That's not bad, actually.
Yes it is, actually. I didn't remember the animation being so bad at such parts.......
Old 2014-06-14, 00:00   Link #2070
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I mean compared to Blade and Soul, Blazblue and Date A Live II.

Old 2014-06-14, 01:50   Link #2071
Kakurin
大佐

Most changes of this volume were indeed of episode 12. In fact the changes in episodes 10 and 11 were mostly minor ones like adding of lightning effects. I only noticed one major face redrawing in the first two episodes. It's like the studio ran out of time and / or budget when doing the last episode of the arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Thank you. Now I have to go remix all my saved videos.
Well, you're welcome.
Old 2014-06-14, 11:14   Link #2072
Frontier

Quote:

Images
I feel kind of bad that I never noticed these during the episode itself .

Then again, I tend to not realize or see instances of bad animation in anime unless it's extremely apparent .
Old 2014-06-14, 12:05   Link #2073
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Those are from the arc where La Folia and Kanon were introduced: the Amphisbaena Arc.
The screenshots are probably from Episode 12.
I think he jut asked for more comparison from other episodes.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 13:55   Link #2074
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I mean compared to Blade and Soul, Blazblue and Date A Live II.
Yes it is. Those 5th and 7th screenshots on that list are hideous, and the others aren't much better.
Old 2014-06-14, 14:26   Link #2075
Kakurin
大佐

Well, but all in all I'd say the animation quality is (for at least the first part) superior to DAL II, can't compare it to the other as I don't know it. Episode 12 is not exactly representative of the overall quality, however, it was really bad. Without exaggerating I think that 20-25% of the faces were redrawn because the TV version was just that bad. As I said above, seems like the ran out of time and / or budget and focused on the kenjuu, the battle and a few select scenes.
Old 2014-06-14, 14:47   Link #2076
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Well, but all in all I'd say the animation quality is (for at least the first part) superior to DAL II, can't compare it to the other as I don't know it. Episode 12 is not exactly representative of the overall quality, however, it was really bad. Without exaggerating I think that 20-25% of the faces were redrawn because the TV version was just that bad. As I said above, seems like the ran out of time and / or budget and focused on the kenjuu, the battle and a few select scenes.
The only reason that StB's general quality would be "better" than DAL 2's is because StB went for for generally more "plain" animation: Rather than try and make more "dramatic," i.e. the bigger wide-eyed reactions you see in DAL (like Shidou's reaction to Miku's confession in front of her audience in episode 10), they went with more dull/less dramatic character expressions and reactions in order to save budget.
DAL 2 went for more dramatic character expressions and stuff that used more budget; StB went for more bland facial expressions to get consistency and save budget. But even then StB still turned out hideous face art like the ones above.
Old 2014-06-15, 20:10   Link #2077
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

New post for time gap and new material.

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Seems Yukina got a slight bust boost there.
Old 2014-06-15, 20:29   Link #2078
Frontier

Those are some lovely dresses for the girls .

Only disappointment is no La Folia .

But yeah, it seems like the artist for this scan were a little generous when it came to Yukina's chest area .
Old 2014-06-26, 04:00   Link #2079
-gold-

What foes that thing about blood bonding mean at the end?
-gold- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 04:02   Link #2080
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by -gold- View Post
What foes that thing about blood bonding mean at the end?
huh? I can't understand much what you ask but is it about the hinted enemy at the end of the series? if it its then you should ask it in the light novel thread and not in the anime series thread. It could be consider spoiler.

Tags
supernatural, vampires