AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-09, 19:03   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Full Metal Panic - Requests for new threads

Since the Full Metal Panic forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Full Metal Panic thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2007-02-22, 14:57   Link #2
velvet nightmare

i would like to request a new topic with the title "what do you think about the way leonard treats kaname"

since there is no specific thread that deals with this "relationship" that involves leonard and i wanted to know what others felt about him
Old 2007-02-22, 17:20   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I'm not sure there is enough in this topic to warrent a thread for itself. Plus, I don't want to encourage separate discussion threads, one for each possible character.

Since you appear to be wanting to hear personal opinion, the FMP Q&A isn't suitable. How about a more general Personal Relationships in FMP thread? This would allow discussion on any character and interrelationships of different combinations. Would (or should) it include Romance in FMP discussion?
Old 2007-02-22, 18:27   Link #4
velvet nightmare

personal relationships sounds like a good idea

i also want to hear opinions on wraith + kaname as well, so something more general would work fine for me
Old 2007-02-25, 21:59   Link #5
masterwok

how about at thread "what do you think the author, Shouji Gatou, will add or events that you want to add in his last novel." something along those lines, lol.
Old 2007-02-26, 08:26   Link #6
mugener

Unhappy News about FMP 4th anime:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20070226

no kyoani anyomre.
Old 2007-02-26, 08:41   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
how about at thread "what do you think the author, Shouji Gatou, will add or events that you want to add in his last novel." something along those lines, lol.
This seems a bit vague, can you be a bit more specific. I'm worried that as is, the topic will contain two very different discussions, mostly speculation and ideas as to what people would like to see as opposed to what the author might include.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post
I think the Is there going to be a new FMP series? will do for now.

Until there is more on this (in English if possible ).
Old 2007-02-26, 08:48   Link #8
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post
oops, sorry for making a mistake, that's another anime made by FMP's director,
not FMP itself.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:41   Link #9
VKhaun
Will not save the whales.

Send a message via AIM to VKhaun
"What does it all mean?" - Thread.

I am not a normal follower of anime, but a friend made me watch this series and I got hooked really bad! I watched FMP!, FMP?F, and FMP!TSR but they leave things wide open for another season. I want to know if there will be more FMP anime coming out, and while this is a very simple question I tried to answer on my own, I just ended up with my head spinning with manga novel lists, old news, and things about lisences I just plain don't understand.

I'd like a thread to get a simple, concise, up to date response on if / when more FMP will be released!
Old 2007-05-22, 17:50   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Why not just use the Q&A thread. Surely 2 posts isn't enough to motivate a thread. =)
Old 2007-05-22, 20:23   Link #11
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, the thread that is purely dedicated to the question "will there be any more fmp-anime" should do the trick. To answer your question; noone knows if there will be any more anime. Sure, I guess we're all wishing for the rest of the series to be animated. When the final novel has been released (this fall) there will be a total of 5 main plot novels that hasn't been animated, and they really contain a story that deserves to end up in our DVD-players. The problem is that after Dancing Very Marry Christmas (the book following Day by Day - the novels that became The Second Raid) the plot begins to grow darker and a lot more serious. A new season would have to end with a cliffhanger more or less, and not even a semi-happy ending would be possible. It would be like George Lucas not releasing Return of the Jedi, or like Peter Jackson not releasing Return of the King.

We'll probably have to keep on praying for a continuation at least until some time after the final novel has been released. Given the situation described above, a new season would pretty much have to come with a promise to complete the entire main plot arc, and I guess no anime-studio would wanna bind themselves to a promise like that before even knowing how the story ends.

Well, that's just my two cents. Anyhow, sorry for going offtopic in this thread. I know this thread is a request-thread and not a thread for discussions of this kind.
Old 2007-05-26, 19:39   Link #12
VKhaun
Will not save the whales.

Send a message via AIM to VKhaun
^
Old 2007-05-30, 22:14   Link #13
kyokii
Desu~! Desu~! Desu~!

I would like to request a thread titled "Tsudou Make My Day."

I believe it would provide a good focal point for users to discuss their thoughts about the latest novel released as of May 30, 2007. Ideally, the thread be for users to disclose their opinions, ideas, or provide information about the latest developments of the story relevant to this release. A new thread for Tsudou Make My Day would centralize discussion relevant to this novel making it more efficient for a user to locate information about it.

Thanks.
Old 2007-07-22, 22:29   Link #14
RogueUNSC86
Nerdcore revolution

i got one for you off the top of my head a poll on whether you think the Full Metal Panic series is going to be a happy ever after or is going to be a horrible hell hole you can list your opinions just an idea though so dont thinkto hard about it im new
Old 2007-07-23, 03:15   Link #15
xris
Just call me Ojisan

We do not favour polls which have a "Yes/No" reply, polls should only be used where they can encourage discussion and such a "Yes/No" poll would in fact discourage any sort of reply.
Old 2007-07-23, 22:52   Link #16
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
how bout a topic on "Black technology"... umm how each individual who has this information embedded in them possibly got that, how it might affect the future anime or novel (can tell of possible spoilers if this information is already somewhat common knowledge).... idk LOL hard to think of topics :P
Old 2007-07-23, 22:55   Link #17
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
this is a good topic, discuss his writing style, what he brings to the table and whether it tickles our fancy or not. what he should have or should not have done with the novel... just random scheisse like that.
Old 2007-07-24, 00:04   Link #18
RogueUNSC86
Nerdcore revolution

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
this is a good topic, discuss his writing style, what he brings to the table and whether it tickles our fancy or not. what he should have or should not have done with the novel... just random scheisse like that.
Good Idea i sound like a suck up but ya im with thos two
Old 2007-09-05, 07:24   Link #19
Whispered
/フルメタル・パニック!/

I wanted to request the creation of a thread regarding the different FMP mangas-- In particular, "Comic Mission." It's only in Japanese, and the vague translation of said sites does little to help with figuring it out.

This thread can also discuss the differences between the mangas/what they're based on/what goes on/what's modified for the purposes of said manga.

Thanks!
Old 2007-09-05, 12:08   Link #20
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispered View Post
I wanted to request the creation of a thread regarding the different FMP mangas-- In particular, "Comic Mission." It's only in Japanese, and the vague translation of said sites does little to help with figuring it out.
I'm not that familar with FMP but do you really mean manga? I thought this was a novel.

We have a thread for the discussion of the FMP novels already.
Closed Thread