AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-22, 23:53   Link #23321
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I wonder what The World or The Tower would do...Both are perhaps the most drastic in their meanings
I just hope The World isn't anything like...

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-01-22, 23:55   Link #23322
apsody243

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota
Whatever the hell that means.
What he means is

User CP -> Edit Ignore List -> Add a Member to Your List...
Old 2013-01-22, 23:57   Link #23323
Miraluka
Banned

Touma, the one who has concept of sacrifice beyond warped.
Even more than Fiamma and tye grand distorsion…

Now I think he enjoys the danger and loves being hurt. =__=.
Maybe he does it on purpose to piss off Index and get a pleasant(for Touma) session of head bitting??
Old 2013-01-22, 23:59   Link #23324
Acer
Death to the infidels!

which was something beautiful has become disgusting, seriously insane is the best word to define this for me.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:00   Link #23325
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
What he means is

User CP -> Edit Ignore List -> Add a Member to Your List...
Oooh, so there really was an option, nice. Thanks for the translation

@Cosmic Eagle - Thanks for the tip, I can now ignore you in peace.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:03   Link #23326
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Exactly why I told you....don't need the likes of you moaning over my posts
Old 2013-01-23, 00:06   Link #23327
Flames

I guess Touma is another Shirou then. They both are damn insane and obsessed with being some superhero even if it means destroying themselves as long as they can achieve an ending in which they want everyone smiling regardless of the cost to themselves. They know they are insane but still continue doing it anyway. Even through Touma sees nothing wrong with his way of thinking doesn't me it's not warped.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:11   Link #23328
apsody243

But Shirou has that whole guilt thing going on, about being the only survivor of the previous HG war.

Touma just does what he feels is right, its not like he's saying that he is willing to die for their plan, but rather that he will be able to handle the problem long enough for the others to resolve it.

At least that's what I got from this exchange.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:12   Link #23329
leukrota

I'm also not sure what to make of this last part, Touma seems just one step away from becoming a Death Seeker, but for no reason at all...
Old 2013-01-23, 00:18   Link #23330
Flames

If Touma had the choice between being able to save his own life or giving up his own life to save others Touma would choose the second option. Jut like the incident wit Itsuwa in which Touma prepare himself to give up his life so Itsuwa would be saved from Acqua. When it comes down to it Touma will always choose to sacrifice himself if it means that other can be saved if it means he can achieved his happy end with others smiling.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:19   Link #23331
apsody243

From what I can see he is not seeking death.
Note how he said that without the help of others he wouldn't be able to achieve the things that he has achieved.

He believes in the goodness of others enough that he feels that even if he does put himself in a position where his life is in jeopardy there will be other people watching his back.

Also its more efficient than the route Birdway took, in the sense that only one persons life is in danger as opposed to the lives of everyone in Hawai, Baggage City, AC.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:21   Link #23332
Daft

I feel that this notion will all be resolved when either Othinus, or that thing inside Touma, or Aleister, or god forbid Aiwass decides to go on a rampage for whatever reason. One way or another with all these monsters lurking around waiting to explode you need someone willing to get hurt themselves in order to help some people; otherwise, EVERYONE's going to die at the climax (of course that outcome ain't going to happen in the end).

I was wondering if anyone buys what Birdway said about the thing inside Touma coming out not being a problem for her? She said she could quickly end it with a few more swings of her sword or what not if it decided to go on a rampage. Really? Birdway can handle that thing? I seriously doubt the notion that she could quickly dispose of Touma before it really came out is even plausible, or was Auroelus' power so inferior to hers that the thing inside Touma is seriously a joke that can be taken out by an ever-increasing group of people?
Old 2013-01-23, 00:26   Link #23333
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
If Touma had the choice between being able to save his own life or giving up his own life to save others Touma would choose the second option. Jut like the incident wit Itsuwa in which Touma prepare himself to give up his life so Itsuwa would be saved from Acqua. When it comes down to it Touma will always choose to sacrifice himself if it means that other can be saved if it means he can achieved his happy end with others smiling.
That in fact would be wrong because just earlier in this chapter:

Quote:
“So don’t be so ready to say you want to die!! If you live, struggle, and suffer, then you can find it!! You can find the path to an ending in which everyone is smiling! It can’t just be about you. It has to be about this person you want to protect so much, too!!”
Sacrifice implies that he would give up, that's not true. He'll put himself in danger yes, but he would never choose to give up.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:28   Link #23334
Sumeragi
Banned

Have people forgotten what Touma did for Miko-chin?
Old 2013-01-23, 00:30   Link #23335
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
From what I can see he is not seeking death.
Note how he said that without the help of others he wouldn't be able to achieve the things that he has achieved.

He believes in the goodness of others enough that he feels that even if he does put himself in a position where his life is in jeopardy there will be other people watching his back.

Also its more efficient than the route Birdway took, in the sense that only one persons life is in danger as opposed to the lives of everyone in Hawai, Baggage City, AC.
I'm not saying he is seeking death (simply that it's close in concept).

He is willing to risk his life against absurd odds to save anybody. Also, I think he's not naive enough to believe he will be fine no matter what, leaving the responsibility for this survival to his allies. He is aware that he could die at any time, but he'll still keep this mentality. His hero complex outdoes his survival instinct.

That's the impression I got anyway.

EDIT: In the end, yeah, it's as it has always been, like he said himself... But his clear awareness of the fact makes it a little unnerving.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:32   Link #23336
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

That was freaking amazing
He is kinda insane

but the thing is Touma is completely conscious of how it might seem selfish, unrealistic etc

the best thing is that he isnt ignorant
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-23, 00:39   Link #23337
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Have people forgotten what Touma did for Miko-chin?
That he stopped her from suicide? Yup, he has done the same for Fraulein Kreutune earlier as I've pointed out.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:43   Link #23338
Daft

"
Quote:
You’re completely insane. I had glimpsed some odd things in you before, but this settles it. …Why do you just assume that you will fight? Why do you see nothing wrong with having things taken from you? You aren’t some war-crazed person who has lost his place in a normal peaceful life. Nor are you some sheltered person who has never seen true battle yet wishes to join the world he sees on TV. I can’t figure out what it is that drives you!
Oh yeah, and when Birdway talks about Touma's past as being nothing drastic enough to warrant his actions - does that imply that his back story really isn't exceptional, someone covered up the truth, and/or Birdway doesn't know he has no memories? The second seems plausible, the first and last seems kind of weird...
Old 2013-01-23, 00:46   Link #23339
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
"

Oh yeah, and when Birdway talks about Touma's past as being nothing drastic enough to warrant his actions - does that imply that his back story really isn't exceptional, someone covered up the truth, and/or Birdway doesn't know he has no memories? The second seems plausible, the first and last seems kind of weird...
Erm, I'm pretty sure it just means that he was in neither extremes, not that there's nothing exceptional, just nothing that could easily explain his behavior.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:52   Link #23340
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Touma is just a different kind of person broken.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen