Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 10:38   Link #241
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I don't recall wording an interpretation, just a possibility for what the words used may mean. As I said, words aren't randomly chosen.
And I offered an alternative possibility to there meaning, and I also do not believe words are randomly chosen either because there is a context as well to accompany them. >_>
Old 2008-07-23, 10:40   Link #242
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And I offered an alternative possibility to there meaning, and I also do not believe words are randomly chosen either because there is a context as well to accompany them. >_>
Correct, and what is your counter to the context of death that was both occurring, alluded to, and worded in? I've been under the impression, from what you've written, that you've been pushing it off as unimportant, because you haven't been addressing it... at all.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:43   Link #243
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Correct, and what is your counter to the context of death that was both occurring, alluded to, and worded in? I've been under the impression, from what you've written, that you've been pushing it off as unimportant, because you haven't been addressing it... at all.
The context of death, as was defined in the whole episode was its rejection of it I feel, I don't avoid it, I confront and defy it just as Lelouch has
Old 2008-07-23, 10:46   Link #244
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
where is Suzaku x Kallen?
Old 2008-07-23, 10:47   Link #245
Eliarine

Quote:
And that is why arguments start, so what exactly was the point of your original statement if all it boils down to is that we all have personal opinions? If one opinion is to be respected, then another equally possible opinion is too be at the very least humored. If one sees this as a grandiose moment that surpasses Kallen's, fine, but then if someone else sees this as a less than Kallen's, should also be fine.
Since you're asking so nicely: the point of my original statement was to point out that I found it a bit hypocritical to claim there was nothing even remotely romantic last episode when the main "Lelouch does care for Kallen!" justification is his promise to her that he'll get her back. If you're going to read that much into a single shout you should not dismiss the other as meaningless.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:47   Link #246
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
where is Suzaku x Kallen?
In the realm of impossibility.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:48   Link #247
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

ok I actually voted this time. Voted that both Lulu and Suza end up single in the end, however that happens. I did vote for Lloyd and Millay cuz its cute though I dont think itll happen now but again this is what your fav pairing is, not what will happen. Lloyd and Cecile is cute as well but I like Millay better. Also voted other for my Schiz/Kanon and Schiz/Lloyd love Or Schiz/Lloyd/Kanon as my all out crack pairing

Edit: As for SuzaKallen, Ill admit I still like this pairing, to me epi 15 kinda showed that Suza isnt like Zero which is why he didnt do it. Whether it would have been Kallen or any of the other girls the scene was more about Suza then the girl in the chair, it just happened to be Kallen. But again, this is just my opinion.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-07-23, 10:48   Link #248
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
In the realm of impossibility.
Same realm as Lelouch x Kallen.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:48   Link #249
Var
Banned

Quote:
The context of death, as was defined in the whole episode was its rejection of it I feel, I don't avoid it, I confront and defy it just as Lelouch has
Where did you pull that from? There was only one moment of rejection of death in that episode, every other moment was about death, lies, and the inability to escape a pact.

V.V.'s pact with Charles was about never lying, but he lied and died for breaking his pact. C.C.'s pact was death, and she is dead for the time being. She rejected death, fine, but C.C. is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Since you're asking so nicely: the point of my original statement was to point out that I found it a bit hypocritical to claim there was nothing even remotely romantic last episode when the main "Lelouch does care for Kallen!" justification is his promise to her that he'll get her back. If you're going to read that much into a single shout you should not dismiss the other as meaningless.
So then we agree, but simply word things differently and disagree on things we would rightfully disagree on. Tokkan finished the thought, and expressed my views, likely, better than I can at this moment. Lasers are time consuming.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:49   Link #250
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Var's not denying any romantic undertones, he's saying it's the same as with Kallen. He's arguing that there's blatant death flags in the way Lelouch's pleas for C.C. to live were worded. Which there are. "Die with a smile"

Quote:
Not really, Lelouch x Kallen has had some actual development while Suzaku x Kallen has got... what? A scene on an island that established them as being well on opposite sides from each other and a torturing session that Suzaku chickened out of.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2008-07-23 at 11:00.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:51   Link #251
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Where did you pull that from? There was only one moment of rejection of death in that episode, every other moment was about death, lies, and the inability to escape a pact.

V.V.'s pact with Charles was about never lying, but he lied and died for breaking his pact. C.C.'s pact was death, and she is dead for the time being. She rejected death, fine, but C.C. is gone.

So then we agree, but simply word things differently.
I pull it from Lelouch directly, his argument and defiance, along with his rescue! I have always argued that he carried the theme of severing fate, and I believe strongly that he can still do so even now. That her death was avoided at all even if her memories are gone should be what adds weight to my argument and interpretation. In fact, you could say it adds weight to my argument since its something akin to her being reborn! This was about life, about living it being loved for it, from my point of view >_>
Old 2008-07-23, 10:53   Link #252
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
nope
same realm as lelouch x table-kun
Old 2008-07-23, 10:54   Link #253
Var
Banned

Quote:
I pull it from Lelouch directly, his argument and defiance, along with his rescue! That her death was avoided at all even if her memories are gone should be what adds weight to my argument and interpretation. In fact, you could say it adds weight to my argument since its something akin to her being reborn! >_>
My point is that C.C. is dead for the time being, her memories are who she is. That point was made clear by both the World of C C.C., and by the sound episode between her and Kallen.

Lelouch's argument also spoke on death, so your point falls short there. His rescue is one thing, which is fine, but he didn't rescue C.C.. Like with Kallen, he failed.

Rebirth does not just void the past, as its said, the past comes back to haunt you. This is, by and far, a perfect example of the past lingering in the background because in CG, memories and powers do not just disappear.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:56   Link #254
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Edit: As for SuzaKallen, Ill admit I still like this pairing, to me epi 15 kinda showed that Suza isnt like Zero which is why he didnt do it. Whether it would have been Kallen or any of the other girls the scene was more about Suza then the girl in the chair, it just happened to be Kallen. But again, this is just my opinion.
Why did we take the pairing off the list again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Var's not denying any romantic undertones, he's saying it's the same as with Kallen. He's arguing that there's blatant death flags in the way Lelouch's pleas for C.C. to live were worded. Which there are. "Die with a smile"
I don't see why death flags would put a definite end to any LelouchxC.C development. Shirley died, but she's still the only girl towards whom Lelouch has ever expressed romantic feelings so far
Old 2008-07-23, 10:56   Link #255
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
My point is that C.C. is dead for the time being, her memories are who she is. That point was made clear by both the World of C C.C., and by the sound episode between her and Kallen.

Lelouch's argument also spoke on death, so your point falls short there. His rescue is one thing, which is fine, but he didn't rescue C.C.. Like with Kallen, he failed.

Rebirth does not just void the past, as its said, the past comes back to haunt you. This is, by and far, a perfect example of the past lingering in the background because in CG, memories and powers do not just disappear.
So its a struggle, that doesn't take away my side all of a sudden for if a struggle is to occur then there must be two sides to it! I acknowledged death as the adversary at the very least, but what respect for life am I getting out of you now?
Old 2008-07-23, 11:03   Link #256
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

LelouchxC.C!!!
and in my mind LelouchxAnya >:] (never going to happen )
Old 2008-07-23, 11:03   Link #257
yangy4321

LL x CC FTW :3
Old 2008-07-23, 11:03   Link #258
Asleep

Quote:

Lelouch told her not to die because he would make her smile. He also rescued her, because she left the emperor and chose to live with Lelouch. And her amnesia might be temporary, while death is permanent. Death is always something final. You can always recover your memories, or form new ones, but once you are dead it's truly over.
Old 2008-07-23, 11:10   Link #259
gattei.you

Lelouch*CC!! The death crap is a deparate attempt to sink Lelouch x C.C.'s ship, which is not gonna happen.

Kallen can go end up with Suzaku or something after joining KOR. Well.. Suzaku x Anya is cool too, but its not poll. So does Gino x Kallen.
Old 2008-07-23, 11:13   Link #260
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

LelouchxKallen is my favorite option till C.C. recovers her memories, unless you guys/girls are into the whole master/slave relationship of a girl with the mind of a 10 year old.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance