AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-04, 16:27   Link #101
jonli
JONLIの憂'

The fact that Aeolia didn't really have a specific alien civilization in my mind makes me wonder what they would do if we encountered a species that can't sense QBW. Like what if the ELS can't understand us through Innovators?

I mean I guess Innovating is ultimately the best for humanity because we can understand each other and stop fighting within ourselves, and truly unite as one (with individuality intact). So we're kind of like a hivemind but not...hmm.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 16:40   Link #102
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We need to remember that Aeolia's plan wasn't specifically about aliens. It was ultimately to unite humanity and end war, so they don't foolishly bring it into space. Which could accidentally trigger a war with an alien species if one was encountered, but it was ultimately meant for the benefit of mankind first and foremost.
Old 2010-11-04, 16:53   Link #103
amaius

"i know this may be stupid, but i always wonder if there's gonna be a crossover between Moblie Suite Gundam
and Transformers, having the decepticons invading & obliterating any gundam on thier path.
but! that will never happen cuase its very idoitic & alot of gundam fans will be very pissed off if anyone tried to do it. but yeah! robot aleins versus human controlled giant robots".
Man but that'll be funny too hearing optimus prime saying "autobots! go kick there metal ass, there can be only one Giant robots in the universe and it is US" dawg that is soooooo stupid. lol :P
amaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 19:19   Link #104
bio9205
Reborn

Please refresh my memory. What was the whole point of season 2 in old man Aeolia's plan? Season 1 was the unification of humanity. The movie was the encounter with alien races. Season 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaius View Post
"i know this may be stupid, but i always wonder if there's gonna be a crossover between Moblie Suite Gundam
and Transformers, having the decepticons invading & obliterating any gundam on thier path.
but! that will never happen cuase its very idoitic & alot of gundam fans will be very pissed off if anyone tried to do it. but yeah! robot aleins versus human controlled giant robots".
Man but that'll be funny too hearing optimus prime saying "autobots! go kick there metal ass, there can be only one Giant robots in the universe and it is US" dawg that is soooooo stupid. lol :P
No. Like you said, it'll probably never happen. Gundam is nothing like Transformers.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 19:52   Link #105
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Please refresh my memory. What was the whole point of season 2 in old man Aeolia's plan? Season 1 was the unification of humanity. The movie was the encounter with alien races. Season 2?
Its not part of his plan. Just something Ribbons cooked up.
Old 2010-11-04, 21:28   Link #106
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Its not part of his plan. Just something Ribbons cooked up.
Ah, yes. So the whole 'unification of humanity's mind through A-LAWS' is just BS on Ribbons' part?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 21:43   Link #107
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Ah, yes. So the whole 'unification of humanity's mind through A-LAWS' is just BS on Ribbons' part?
A-LAWS was just a way for Ribbons to make himself the supreme ruler of the world... Aeolia never intended for an organization like that to be created.

It just so happens that they (both Alejandro AND Ribbons) managed to inadvertently accelerate Aeolia's plan, allowing for the world to unite and a true Innovator to be created just in time for "dialogues to come" to happen...
Old 2010-11-04, 21:52   Link #108
justavisitor

and how lucky the humans really are , the earth would have be doomed without Alejandro and Ribbons' interfere XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 05:23   Link #109
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
From present country-based / Earth-based civilization, to interplanatary empire in less than 5 years. All thanks to the bad guys. What would we do without those good fellows? XD

Thank goodness we have nazis and muslim terrorists and shadow governments. They help to bring the world together in one happy family. XD

(Internal logic failure)
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 07:24   Link #110
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ I think the first Emperor Qin is a much better example. He united China many years ago, but he was a ruthless evil bastard.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:37   Link #111
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
From present country-based / Earth-based civilization, to interplanatary empire in less than 5 years. All thanks to the bad guys. What would we do without those good fellows? XD
More like 50 years. In 2314 was only human's first encounter of an alien civilisation, humans are far far away from an intergalactic empire. They've only begun they're space colonization around the Earth in the early 24th Century. (nevermind Sol)

Even in 2360s, humans has only begun they're exploration of outside Sol with crews of Innovators. They haven't exactly become anythiNg close to an intergalactic civilisation by then either. It's still one big step though.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:46   Link #112
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Then all these Innovators would disappear Megaroad style.

Gundam Frontier! LISTEN TO MY MUSIC!
Old 2010-11-06, 05:29   Link #113
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaius View Post
Maybe not, but it would have made one kickass game that's for sure.

Quote:
I'm not so sure. If you think about it, having a peacekeeping force keeping the peace on the united Earth sounds like a good idea actually. I wouldn't disregard Regene's words yet since he's more neutral rather than being Ribbons' slaveboy.

That doesn't mean that it's original intention is still there though. Ribbons likely demonized a rational part of the Plan into the A-LAWS that did come to be to suit his own goals and purposes. If this is indeed true then Regene isn't exactly lying in his conversation with Tiera but he is bending the truth and playing on perceptions. He was playing around with Tiera mentally in that encounter afterall. Even Meisters's had some modification, the original plan was to have them all be Innovades but Ribbons decided to use humans instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
A-LAWS was just a way for Ribbons to make himself the supreme ruler of the world... Aeolia never intended for an organization like that to be created.

It just so happens that they (both Alejandro AND Ribbons) managed to inadvertently accelerate Aeolia's plan, allowing for the world to unite and a true Innovator to be created just in time for "dialogues to come" to happen...
Sometimes it's a bit hard to tell which parts are part of the parts and which parts is Ribbons interference.

Because the destruction of CB or at the very least the faction that conducts the interventions was indeed part of the Plan and I wonder whether what Ribbons did when he cut the backup was actually supposed to happen anyways. Of course Ribbons did it out of his own interests but one wonders whether it was intended anyways; certain parts at least. Some of the stuff the Innovators did like helping the creation of the ESF was also part of the Plan, building on the world's mentality after CB's intervention. Although Ribbons obviously was bring liberal in some parts, like what ALAWS and their actions likely. The Innovade faction was suppose to continue the 2nd Phase of the Plan after the first Phase(being the interventions) was completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
and how lucky the humans really are , the earth would have be doomed without Alejandro and Ribbons' interfere XD
I wonder whether the ELS would have come if TAB and the subsequent Innovations didn't happen? I mean, Ribbons would have created alot of natural Innovades which may be enough to attract the ELS's attention but I wonder whether it would have been enough.

But if they do come, humanity would have been screed because the ELS could not have been defeated by human force. Their just too god damn powerful.....in fact the stronger we are, the stronger they become so humanity's strength works againts them when it cones to the ELS.
Old 2010-11-06, 08:30   Link #114
wencong1356

Were there any confirmation that Ribbon's mis-doings were not part of Aeolia you-know-who's plan?
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 08:39   Link #115
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencong1356 View Post
Were there any confirmation that Ribbon's mis-doings were not part of Aeolia you-know-who's plan?
Nope.

But, as long as Veda didn't reject Ribbons, then I guess Veda recognised that Ribbons' misdoings were in line with Aeolia's original plan.

Since Tieria ejected Ribbons from Veda in s2 ep24, that can be said to be where Ribbons' actions were deemed to be incompatible with Aeolia's plan. Heck, some information (don't know where, but seems to be official) hinted that Veda allowed Tieria to do so because it saw no use in Ribbons anymore.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 08:50   Link #116
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Some are. Like the planned destruction of CB, establishment of a united world, Innovades working towards the transformation of humans into Innovators; although that part he seems to be doing it differently than the Plan. Likely the Twin Drive was suppose to be released at this time but it wasn't because the trap was activated.

Aeolia's Plan is very macro in nature, as a result a lot of things on the micro and actual implementation has to be thought out by certain members of the organisation or even Veda. Not to mention they also have to react on current circumstances on the ground.

Technically Ribbons is still working within the framework of the Plan, that's why Veda still listens to him, it will take any suggestions or plan that will benefit towards the ultimate goal and Ribbons is still doing that. But because Veda is not human, it cannot tell the difference between Ribbons' Innovation and have other people's will literally under him and real Innovation. In S2 Official File vol 5, it was mentioned that Ribbons' power over Veda is not abslute so even he cannot violate the fundamental Law of Veda. Bt this is okay with him becaus he does want to see the Plan accomplish quite honestly but from his variation point of view. He doesn't believe that humanity can Innovate naturally and share a common will, which is an important componant of the real Innovation to work. If there is no true common good within humanity that is not enough for them to establish a shared free conciousness, then the whole Innovation thing will fail. Ribbons ultimately believes this and forthe good of humanity AND his own ego he decides to force humanity under his will; quite literally if Louise is any example.

======

Anyways, regarding variations to the Plan; one interesting example is the GN Drives. Aeolia never predicted that they would require the enviroument of Jupiter to be made. This fact was only discovered By later generation CB scientists. It's up to them to make Aeolia's base theory into reality.
Old 2010-11-25, 02:31   Link #117
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Figured this thread needed a little reviving because some of has have seen the movie now, and are able to examine the ELS more properly.

The ELS planetoid they launch from Jupiter, it's mostly solid on the outside. But has a several gas rings around it. I was somewhat...wondering...do think it's possible that the rings are like a "birthing" area for more?

Because several times in the final battle, streams upon streams of the ELS keep seeping out of the planetoid. They gotta be coming from somewhere, right?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 01:28   Link #118
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Could be the ELS's Solar Energy System that they were mentioned to have developed sometime in their history. I think the home planet has one as well.
Old 2010-11-26, 02:03   Link #119
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Solar energy system? Show me where it was mentioned, I forgot.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 02:49   Link #120
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...96#post3331396

I posted it in the previous page, it's taken from an interview.