AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-10, 14:10   Link #8061
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
When has the gang seen him dual wield because IIRC the only time he did it was fighting Rubia and that was only Claire who knew the truth. Restia hasnt been around kamito enough for him to Dual weild with the entire gang. Unless i'm mising a point.
They have seen Kamito dual wield, but not using Ren Ashbell's sword. By the time Ellis got to the Laevatein fight, Kamito already changed their shape to smaller swords. He did the same when they went to release Iseria. And the confrontation with the Elemental Lords was a situation where they might not have been able to notice Restia's design was the same.

That means Kamito can dual wield as much as he wants when Restia comes back without worrying about getting caught as long as he doesn't forget to change her shape each time.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 14:31   Link #8062
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
They have seen Kamito dual wield, but not using Ren Ashbell's sword. By the time Ellis got to the Laevatein fight, Kamito already changed their shape to smaller swords. He did the same when they went to release Iseria. And the confrontation with the Elemental Lords was a situation where they might not have been able to notice Restia's design was the same.

That means Kamito can dual wield as much as he wants when Restia comes back without worrying about getting caught as long as he doesn't forget to change her shape each time.
Okay thats fine you've explained kinda wat i wanted to know. I just wanted to make the point that if he uses Restia the girls could easily notice that he's Ren Ashbell if he's not sloppy.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 17:20   Link #8063
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The only reason why Dual Wielding is even popular is because of SAO. Otherwise, Dual Wielding, as cool as it sounds an looks, is really a bad idea for combat

... then again, I'm not sure since when anime/manga have followed real combat practices

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 17:49   Link #8064
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The only reason why Dual Wielding is even popular is because of SAO. Otherwise, Dual Wielding, as cool as it sounds an looks, is really a bad idea for combat

... then again, I'm not sure since when anime/manga have followed real combat practices
Dual-wielding is indeed more complex for combat, but it's not at all as a bad idea as you claim it to be. Dual-wielding requires a lot more of concentration and coordination, the optimal would be if the person were to be ambidextrous. That's why dual-wield appears as not so optimal for combat: because the majority of people are incapable of actually mastering it.

Besides, it's truly kind of silly to want to compare the abilities/capabilities of people in fantasy stories with real life people. Their specs are way too far apart: strength, speed, stamina, reaction speed, resistance.

PS: Don't even mention that SAO nonsense here, please.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 18:37   Link #8065
ImperialFlameGod8190

Dual weilding got its start long before that garbage known as SAO. Dual weilding was probably put on mainstream by Zoro from One Piece (though he used 3 swords and thats been used quite a bit.

But still the thing for kamito is he's ambidextrous so he CAN dual weild and certain techinques in his arsenal seem to require either dual weilding or incredible timing.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-05-10, 19:00   Link #8066
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

Dual-wielding is actually far more common than you think, especially in Japan. It has little to do with any manga or anime.

Miyamoto Musashi was famous for creating a two-sword style, which remains in practice (albeit unpopular) in modern Kendo. I hope you know who Musashi is.

In military training all over the world, two-knife style is extremely common.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 19:10   Link #8067
senjiro
ecchi sage

Someone said dual wiielder? Yes? Someone thinks about drizzt?
If we talk about dual swords. First name comes to my mind is dark dark elf drizzt from forgotten realms,.., yeah is not LN but its fantasy.... i want see restia falling in love with kamito before regain her memories...
Its time author clear restia stuff. Either kill her(noooo) or join for good kamito now. I kinda fed up with all now meet, now she go away....
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 20:18   Link #8068
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Someone said dual wiielder? Yes? Someone thinks about drizzt?
If we talk about dual swords. First name comes to my mind is dark dark elf drizzt from forgotten realms,.., yeah is not LN but its fantasy.... i want see restia falling in love with kamito before regain her memories...
Its time author clear restia stuff. Either kill her(noooo) or join for good kamito now. I kinda fed up with all now meet, now she go away....
You wouldn't happen to be talking about the Drow, Drizzt Do'Urden, would you?

About the subject of Dual Wielding, I'm pretty sure it shows up in anime a lot. It's just that SAO made it popular. After all, the moment pulls off Starburst Stream against The Gleameyes is one of the most iconic moments of the series as the first time you see him use Dual Blades.

As for Zoro, he inspired triple-wielding where you'd include the third sword in your mouth. Since most of the time, he only used one sword or three, and rarely two, the three swords were more prominent, even Kirito tried it out , at the cost of thinking his mouth would fall off, according to a character questionnaire done by the author. So the two are completely different concepts.

Also, if you don't like SAO, then just say you don't like it. There's no need to call it garbage.

EDIT: @senjiro Ah, you were talking about him. Didn't see the rest of the post. I have to start reading that series again. However, I can never find the first book (in the series timeline) in the libraries I've been to. It makes me sad thinking abput it.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 23:41   Link #8069
Armando99

Sooner or later, Kamito will have to face the truth about him and Restia to the girls. They will find out one way or another and Fianna already knows anyway.

Restia will regain her memory and they will re-establish their contract thus, enabling Kamito to wield Restia and Est.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 23:45   Link #8070
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Sooner or later, Kamito will have to face the truth about him and Restia to the girls. They will find out one way or another and Fianna already knows anyway.

Restia will regain her memory and they will re-establish their contract thus, enabling Kamito to wield Restia and Est.
I get the sense that by the end of vol 14 Kamito will reveal his secret to all the girls.

Old 2015-05-10, 23:52   Link #8071
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I get the sense that by the end of vol 14 Kamito will reveal his secret to all the girls.
That timing makes sense because he is about to find her anyway.

He will need her anyway against the enemies stacked against him and the girls.
Old 2015-05-11, 01:34   Link #8072
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
On a side note, guys, please don't bring hate from a different series into another thread that is for a totally different title. If you don't like SAO or Gundam or whatever, fine. But we really don't need people spreading that anywhere but where the talk belongs. It may have gone unscathed this time, but I've seen many a thread that were closed and cleansed, and even several users banned, because somebody felt like they just had to say "Series X sux" in the wrong place and ended up kicking off a downward spiral of arguments.
Old 2015-05-13, 17:50   Link #8073
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~

Spoiler for Est manga ver.:

This one part I like about the manga art, Est is so cool !!!!
Old 2015-05-13, 19:21   Link #8074
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^ Looks like a serated blade and then a blade that reminds me of that Little Girl in Deadman Wonderland.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 19:39   Link #8075
Estzero1

I would rather say it looks like Ivys Blade.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 21:14   Link #8076
Weather
Wonder Wind

The first one is a military style knife.

Then a whip/serpent sword, ending with a one handed longsword.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 23:58   Link #8077
Armando99

When reading the novel and you don't like the drawn picture of the swords, just use your imagination. You can have it just the way you want it. He! He!
Old 2015-05-14, 09:51   Link #8078
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Speaking of the manga, just read the latest translated chapter. Why couldn't the anime have been like this?

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
Old 2015-05-15, 12:17   Link #8079
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
Speaking of the manga, just read the latest translated chapter. Why couldn't the anime have been like this?
I KNOW RIGHT

If the anime had been like this we'd have season 4 by now, I mean damn. The manga is actually adding stuff in, which would normally be a big no-no, but in this case it makes sense. Kamito using his Zeken Arts early, Jio actually being a pseudo contractor, Est actually changing form in battle, the general increase in power/ability/competence all around, I mean, damn.
Old 2015-05-16, 19:56   Link #8080
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I KNOW RIGHT

If the anime had been like this we'd have season 4 by now, I mean damn. The manga is actually adding stuff in, which would normally be a big no-no, but in this case it makes sense. Kamito using his Zeken Arts early, Jio actually being a pseudo contractor, Est actually changing form in battle, the general increase in power/ability/competence all around, I mean, damn.
Unfortunately, the anime ended up like it did because of two reasons: MF Bunko J is Cheap and MF Bunko J only makes anime as advertisements.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap