AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-26, 15:55   Link #1
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Angel Densetsu

Since I couldn't find any original postings on this, I'm starting this new.

There are two new chapters out for Angel Densetsu; ch 76 for Volume 14, and ch 77 starting Volume 15.

These chapters seem to be starting a "prequel" story arc about Kitano's Father and Mother...
Old 2007-12-08, 17:17   Link #2
Claes
Claes lover

OMG this is NEW and exciting!!!
Only 7 chapters left
I hope Stephen translate the rest of it ASAP

Last edited by Claes; 2007-12-08 at 17:43.
Old 2008-01-03, 19:15   Link #3
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Chapter 78 is out now, wrapping up the "prequel" arc...
Old 2008-01-05, 15:58   Link #4
Claes
Claes lover

79 is also out
lol, surely the funnies marathon event ever that I read from a manga
Old 2008-01-21, 04:22   Link #5
Claes
Claes lover

Chapter 80 is out..
Old 2008-01-21, 13:16   Link #6
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

LOL! That was a test of my courage!
Old 2008-02-08, 18:11   Link #7
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

And now Chapter 81 is out, too.
Old 2008-02-11, 09:47   Link #8
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
the latest chapters are great.

It's nice seeing the girls show more evidence of their love to seichiro(sp?)

especially the short hair lass (forgot her name) is quite hoest to herself, and i love the way she can show her love to him with the cliche feminine blushes, unlike Ryoko who all too aware with her feeling but is still not comfortable with it.
Old 2008-03-06, 21:30   Link #9
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Chapter 82! Oh my! My ribs hurt! ROTFLMAO!
Old 2008-03-07, 17:50   Link #10
Claes
Claes lover

That begin the last 3 chapter 'Final Battle' of AD
Old 2008-03-07, 17:56   Link #11
Tiberium Wolf

LOL! The Kitano family! The pic in that page is perfect!
Old 2008-03-14, 01:26   Link #12
Claes
Claes lover

chapter 83
Old 2008-03-14, 02:05   Link #13
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I picked up this title due to curiosity which was both fed and built when I noticed that in the Claymore Image Thread someone was posting a few images of that manga there.
This, of course, was to emphasize and compare that Yagi-sensei took two characters from Angel Densetsu and incorporated the designs for the main casts of Claymore.

I mean the character of Ikuno Shirataki is the spiritual predecessor of Clare in both appearance and personality.

Leo Halford, who is a minor character that starts appearing from volume 13 and onwards, is as well the spiritual predecessor of Raki in both appearance and intentions.

In fact, there were also situations that happened in volume 14 of Angel Densetsu that Yagi took and incorporated them in Claymore.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2008-03-16 at 12:35.
Old 2008-03-14, 15:59   Link #14
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Man! They were SO close, too!

I think Clare reminds me of Kitano kun, more than Ikuno chan, or rather, she's a mixture of both of them together, while Raki plays the part of Leo Kun...
Old 2008-03-21, 11:51   Link #15
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Chapter 84 is out now. The end... ?
Old 2008-03-21, 12:44   Link #16
Claes
Claes lover

Finished...
Thank you Stephen for translating this awesome manga, thank you m-s for scanlating it!
Old 2008-03-21, 15:00   Link #17
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
finished.....

dammn i would of liked to see a epilogue, showing kitano happily married with Ryoko, with Ikuno as the Mistress.

All living happily in a house.

would made a more conclusive ending.

oh well.....
Old 2008-03-21, 16:43   Link #18
Tiberium Wolf

I too another look again and vol 01 and 02 art is so way different. It's kinda weird.
Old 2008-03-22, 00:34   Link #19
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What a devil of a world was Angel Densetsu!

As you might recall in my last post, I took a liking on this manga due that quite a few images of it were posted in the Claymore Image Thread.

From there on, I researched on it and search for it until reaching M-S doors, then the rest is history.

I started reading at the beginning of March, and I read one entire volume per day. Can you imagine all that long it takes to read a whole volume?

But it was worth it.

I agree with Yagi-san on what he wrote in the afterword at the end of the last chapter. Angel Densetsu doesn't present a story, rather it introduces to the audience a world that is moved and evolves by common but wild people. Just like our real-life world.

The mangaka only created the characters, and from that point onwards they did the rest on their own.

I do have some minor complaints about the last chapter being somewhat small in length, since I was expecting like sort of 50 to 60 pages for being the last chapter.

I really love the world of Hekikuu, and IMO I believe for certainty that the most scary-looking people, Kitano and his family, were actually the most sane and level-headed characters all along in stark contrast with the normal people that simple went gung-ho, head over heels, or plainly on rampage just because letting their imaginations ran wild like fire, everytime that they saw Kitano face-to-face.

Just take for example, Ryoko's dad. Comparing him to Kitano's dad, that moustached guy was plainly nuts, and I may daresay a little abusive of his authority over his daughter Ryoko.

However, one single character that truly loathed with passion and couldn't stand his wusiness anymore was none other than Kuroda.

I simply don't understand Yagi-sensei motivation for liking him. According to Yagi-sensei, Kuroda acted as sort of the second protagonist to the world of Angel Densetsu and one of the main driving forces to make that world developing.

I do not see him on that shade. The guy was plainly much ado about nothing. Big mouth but scarce actions. The only redeeming, if that strange ocurrence on him can be called that way, point about him was when he lost his normal ego and turned into a true punching machine during his fight against Ogisu.
But, even that doesn't save him from falling into the abyss of mediocrity.

Still, on the last chapter he was chickening out. Ogisu, on the other hand, was redeemed on the last chapter to prove his strength at beating the lights out cold of several punks.

Takehisa and Ikuno simply rocked the house. They're the powerhouses.

Ryoko was an interesting character, since on one hand she was so passionate at kicking the chin out of every thug that show off, but on the other, she was plainly embarrassed about expressing her feelings, let alone kiss, to Kitano.

Oh, my! This sure was a world full of monkey business, but Kitano taught that no matter how devil he looked he always meant and did good even if it was against the people who wanted to hurt them, in spite of him misunderstanding the circumstances.

Anyways, thanks to Yagi-sensei, and I can only hope that when the last chapter for Claymore comes sometime around 2013 he will end the story with a blast of a bang.
Old 2008-03-22, 15:14   Link #20
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

All those hanging threads introduced in the very last pages of the last chapter fairly BEG for another dive into the Angel Densetsu universe! I hope there may be one, one of these days.

Then again, I held out hope of something similar happening for YKK...

If not that, then maybe have Kitano transported to the Claymore universe, as a sort of Awakened Buddha! I can dream, at least!
Closed Thread