AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-01-07, 06:47   Link #141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good to see they're keeping the game VA cast as expected. Inoue Marina is peeeerfect for Alicia, and i wouldn't have anyone else voicing her.

Also the image is rather epic, and even though i'm playing the game at the moment, i'm used to the character designs.
Old 2009-01-07, 07:02   Link #142
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Why is that pic of Faldio reminding me of Suzaku?

Inoue Marina: After Skip Beat, I'm convinced she can do almost any teenage girl type.
Old 2009-01-07, 07:04   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
If you mean Suzaku from Code Geass, it's because the pose Faldio is doing is very similar to the one's Suzaku would usual do in these posters.
Old 2009-01-07, 07:06   Link #144
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
He IS Suzaku.

And he WILL fulfilled his destiny no matter who or what he incarnate as.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 07:08   Link #145
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm actually kind of expecting some Faldio/Max Ho Yay.
Old 2009-01-07, 08:23   Link #146
Bloodseeker

I'd imagine that most of the female cast will make brief cameos or be minor characters at the very least. The male cast probably won't be so lucky. (rightfully so; most of the male character designs don't particularly stand out)

I'm glad to hear that Edy's popular. She's my favorite Shocktrooper. (though its kind of annoying that she sometimes gets lowered stats around Rosie)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 13:28   Link #147
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Spoiler for the image:

Voice Cast
Welkin Gunther: Chiba Susumu
Alicia Melchiott: Inoue Marina
Faldio Landzaat: Sakurai Takahiro
Isara Gunther: Kuwashima Houko
Maximilian: Fukuyama Jun
Selvaria Bles: Ohara Sayaka

Spoiler for original factors in the anime version:
Wow, awesome. Think anyone can translate the interview, or at least critical points in it? That'd be so awesome.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 13:37   Link #148
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Spoiler for Anime to game:
Old 2009-01-07, 14:02   Link #149
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, I'm a bit disappointed with regard to that as well but the manga version apparently has extra drama subplots thrown in between the different recruitables. So maybe that's a model the anime version is also planning to follow.

The main game content might not be enough to fill up the entire length of the series.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 14:04   Link #150
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
The main game content might not be enough to fill up the entire series run.
I'd say there's to much in the game for the anime. Especially all the little sup-stories and development for Squad 7.
Old 2009-01-07, 14:25   Link #151
xizro345
King's Justice

Still no word on episode number? Though judging from this, it'll probably be 13 (a shame, IMO).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 18:14   Link #152
Runty

Definitely not going to be 13 episodes. That's way too short for such a series. It'll probably be 26 episodes.
Old 2009-01-07, 19:06   Link #153
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Spoiler for Anime to game:
Well, if handled properly, this plotline actually enhances Faldio's character. Choosing between one's love and country.
Old 2009-01-07, 19:34   Link #154
Runty

Quote:
Well, if handled properly, this plotline actually enhances Faldio's character. Choosing between one's love and country.
I think Faldio's probably going to end up deciding that he loves his country more than Alicia.
Spoiler for Why?:
Old 2009-01-07, 19:38   Link #155
TrueKnight

I still don't dig the character designs. Welkin and Faldio looks about five times manlier in the game instead the anime. I shudder on the thought how they will do Max and Jaeger. They'll probably bring up a Schneizel designs for Max. About Faldio's character well at least it'll add up for the drama.

I have to say one thing though, they better put up Selvaria's nice racks like they did in the game. She's not my favourite character wise because I think she's horrible but still...
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 19:52   Link #156
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I think Faldio's probably going to end up deciding that he loves his country more than Alicia.
Spoiler for Why?:
Spoiler for Wrong Battle:

And as already stated, I don't like that they're going to add that facet with Faldio. Completely unnecessary, in my opinion.

Glad to see the VAs will be the same. I saw no problems with the ones selected.

And yes, adding Dallas would be very funny. Her knocked-unconscious phrase is even about her crush, in addition to her potentials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I still don't dig the character designs. Welkin and Faldio looks about five times manlier in the game instead the anime. I shudder on the thought how they will do Max and Jaeger. They'll probably bring up a Schneizel designs for Max. About Faldio's character well at least it'll add up for the drama.

I have to say one thing though, they better put up Selvaria's nice racks like they did in the game. She's not my favourite character wise because I think she's horrible but still...
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Alicia's anime character design? She doesn't look as girlish as she did in the game. She looks very... "hard"... in the anime.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 19:57   Link #157
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I don't think we should judge after seeing just one image shot. Since it is animation, I would expect their looks to have differences in between episodes, however slight it may be.
Old 2009-01-07, 20:17   Link #158
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd say there's to much in the game for the anime. Especially all the little sup-stories and development for Squad 7.
I dunno, I sorta hope they don't go overboard with side-quests or the "minor" soldiers of Squad 7, mainly because I don't wanna see too much tangential filler. I think 13 episodes should be enough to cover the main arc as well as develop the main players in the story (Welkin-Alicia-Faldio, Rosie-Isara, Largo-Varrot, and Max's generals). There's already plenty of good stuff there, but stretching it out to 26 or more episodes would be sorta diluting it, IMO.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 21:08   Link #159
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Alicia's anime character design? She doesn't look as girlish as she did in the game. She looks very... "hard"... in the anime.
Truth be told so far I'm not liking the anime designs, and yes that also includes Alicia. Her designs looks much more friendlier looking in-game and match her friendly character. Here she look like a sadist and ready to blow up stuff like Jane Turner in game lol.

Then I again, I have to wait for the series to air before giving bad prejudices, but still...ick.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 22:12   Link #160
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Truth be told so far I'm not liking the anime designs, and yes that also includes Alicia. Her designs looks much more friendlier looking in-game and match her friendly character. Here she look like a sadist and ready to blow up stuff like Jane Turner in game lol.
Well she is in the miuddle of a battle, but I can see what you mean. I don't really care as long as they're are similer enough. I mean I come to expect game designs and anime designs to differ since they usually always do.

As for the Faldio thing its a minor annoyance, but its hard to find any anime adaption of something that doesn't have a little original works added to it. I'm not that picky so I'll be fine with it as long as it doesn't totally destroy his character.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega