AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD NEW - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 22 30.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 30.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 26.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.37%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-07, 13:29   Link #21
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

that mad priest near the end reminds me of one thing:

Excalibur Excalibur
From United Kingdom
I'm looking for him.
I'm going to California.

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 14:08   Link #22
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxd22 View Post
well its only the 1st episode , maybe its just me but i think there's something wrong or missing ...
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 14:11   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I still got to hand credit where it's due; the second half with our disrobed heroines flying across the screen is beautiful; and the deliberate use of watercolor style was strongly reminiscent of the Ending Credits sequence from El-Hazard the Magnificent World, and their nakedness in this context was more pure-and-beautiful rather than carnal and erotic.
Yeah, the earlier lazy pans notwithstanding, this part of the ED was a really pretty piece of animation and just really nicely done -- you can tell that's where all the time/budget for the ED went. I liked that they did something different this time.

That aside (unrelated to the above), it seems like I have to remind everyone everywhere:

1. No future novel information in episode threads.

2. All comparisons or novel information from the past need to be spoiler-tagged.

3. If you want novel-based answers, go to the Q&A thread or the novel sub-forum.
Old 2013-07-07, 15:12   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The ecchi stuff is as ever and I couldn't care less, but there just isn't any anime to watch today... (Come to think of it, this anime was originally a morning anime, right?)
The ikemen guy suddenly got really dark, some twintail with a really squeaky anime voice appeared
And the highlight of the episode was the reappearance of the crazy priest. Rather, his voice actor. Ganbare.

The first season's ED was so... um, wow, but this season's... or is this the incomplete ED?
?
I hope so anyways.

Where did Shokotan go...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 15:39   Link #25
francescoG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:
the long version will be in BD-DVD.

link
francescoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:38   Link #26
Wilshere

OP was catchy, Rias sexy as ever. Akeno is now showing some interest in Issei, Asia has tough competitors hehehe and Kiba's story looks interesting
Old 2013-07-07, 18:40   Link #27
Entravity

OPPAAAIIII!!!

Great to see this anime back. Akeno is as amazing as ever while boobs are everywhere. That, and some actual plot just makes this episode even more interesting.
Old 2013-07-07, 18:42   Link #28
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Awawawa, Rias! My red beauty! You have returned! You made you're introduction to the second season beautifully :3

Aww, the opening wasn't as *Ahem* revealing as he first seasons opening No matter! The cute response of Asia wanting to both naked along with Rias in the beginning totally made up for it And Koneko with the strawberry panties, very subtle since she does enjoy her food

Akeno with her hair down

It seems every character was dedicated some time to give individual fan service for the first half of the episode. We surprisingly had some Kiba backstory which was interesting, I actually like Kiba's character a lot so that made me happy

Huba huba, 12:09 into episode 1 would make quite the signature If allowed of course
Old 2013-07-07, 19:24   Link #29
SQA

I liked the ED, but it's no StudyXStudy. I'm not sure much of anything else will be, frankly.

Ise needs some new friends, but I think that was established last season.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 20:15   Link #30
yankky5

The episode was certainly a run & gun missed a few details but still doesnt stop me from giving a 9/10
Old 2013-07-07, 20:33   Link #31
takai
Easy Muffin

I'm so glad this show is back. I missed it so much. I figured right off the bat it'd be a serious breast-fest. There's nothing wrong with that of course. Funny, charming, and all around great.

It's already #38 on My Anime List. Watch out Attack on Titan, there's a new sheriff in town.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 20:34   Link #32
GDB

Love Azazel's VA. Mouri Kogorou and Emiya Kiritsugu!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 20:51   Link #33
backbone
Banned

Perhaps it's just me, but does anyone else feels that the set up for this arc is a tad bit convenient? Yuuto who lost himself upon seeing holy sword on Issei's childhood picture, two mysterious girls in robe who are apparently have something to do with it, and the re-appearance of the white haired priest with holy sword in his hand. It's hard for me to suspend my disbelief or brushed all of them as mere coincidences.

Another thing that left me cringed a lot is the way Rias behaves. I respected her a lot in the first season as a smart, mature, and dignified woman. Yet here, the way she easily strip herself and even sleeps in nothing but her birthday suit with a guy (and i'm sure it's not intended for comedic effect), totally obliterates my respect for her.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:04   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Another thing that left me cringed a lot is the way Rias behaves. I respected her a lot in the first season as a smart, mature, and dignified woman. Yet here, the way she easily strip herself and even sleeps in nothing but her birthday suit with a guy (and i'm sure it's not intended for comedic effect), totally obliterates my respect for her.
You realize she did that at least twice in the first season as well, right?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:49   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not only that (it literally happened at the end of the first episode of the first season, which this is clearly a call-back to), but it's especially in-character for her at this point given that she's in love with Issei. She even force-moved to his house to be closer to him after he basically confessed to her at the end of last season.

That doesn't stop her from still being the smart, dignified leader and battle commander, at least in this story.
Old 2013-07-07, 21:52   Link #36
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Plus she did not even like him as much as she does now .
The first ep was good to bad they did not have
Spoiler:
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:55   Link #37
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Perhaps it's just me, but does anyone else feels that the set up for this arc is a tad bit convenient? Yuuto who lost himself upon seeing holy sword on Issei's childhood picture, two mysterious girls in robe who are apparently have something to do with it, and the re-appearance of the white haired priest with holy sword in his hand. It's hard for me to suspend my disbelief or brushed all of them as mere coincidences.

Rias is still smart, mature, and dignified woman. You notice that she didn't shown a hint of embarrassment when she did those act showing she has the resolution of what a dignified woman is. Especially during the last minutes of the episode, she is the King and thus the leader, she was aware of what happened to Kiba's behavior and tried to knock him out of it.

As for the top part of the your post, can't really answer to that. Its kind of hard for me to explain it without spoiling, it stem from my time in Economics where it is built in me to answer any question completely with no plot holes so sorry about that.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:12   Link #38
kukuru

Well they are devils... and Rias noble as well, with the Gremory family known to be eccentric (but then I think most of the noble cast in DxD are eccentric)

In the DxD world, devils(side) are a race of people who value pursue to their desires. Ever since the end of season1, why Rias wouldn't want a HQ Ise Dakimakura every night is beyond comprehension.

[mod edit: removed reference to future novel content]
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 23:33   Link #39
shadow1296

it was a great episode and that seen with akeno was wow just wow if i didn't know better i woul have sworn she was doing something else,
Old 2013-07-08, 00:30   Link #40
Chris38

Well, after watching the subbed version of the episode, my feelings on the matter of the anime, haven't changed.

It was a good start, and I can't wait to see, what is going to happen next.

The only thing that I'm a little put off about, is the fact that they ended the episode with a cliffhanger ... since, it makes the wait for the next episode a little more painful, but that's a pretty minor detail, that hasn't made the first episode, less enjoyable for me.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote