AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 37.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 17.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-10, 14:43   Link #61
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Riko's reveal kinda reminded me of Kyoko's reveal from Kore Wa Zombie Desuka?...
Kyoko was hard to understand too at first but when it shows the hospital scene. It gives the clue away. But the conclusion episode was different from the hospital scene.

Here Riko did show signs that he was often around when Kinji is around but I don't see that as a problem at all. This episode or rather the scene in the club where Riko and Kinji are talking are the only clear clues. Plus the conclusion that she is the butei killer is in the same episodes.

That shows lack of foreshadowing thus making it a bit surprising.
Old 2011-05-10, 15:24   Link #62
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah I also saw Kyoko's reveal coming aswell since there were hints to it. I'm not sure what to make of Riko's reveal. I certainly didn't see it coming but I didn't see anything that would suggest she actually had ill intentions. I mean she flirted with Kinji in this episode but even then I thought it was nothing since i could barely remember what she was like before and thought this was normal for her or something.
Old 2011-05-10, 15:57   Link #63
Dahak86
Classics never age

well, I immediately thought of her as weird/suspicious since when she stated she dislikes sequels. (clearly the girl has never heard of bad prequels)
and then, seeing her flirting with kinji just confirmed my suspect. (i.e. she's messy, though in a good way)

something just told me the "killer" had to be a girl...
Old 2011-05-10, 17:03   Link #64
tsunade666

I suspect her to be just flirty type of girl -_- not a killer. Or maybe the smile of a cute girl are just their weapon to hide their sadistic side.
Old 2011-05-11, 11:53   Link #65
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Perhaps I'm just better attuned to these kinds of things than most? *Shrugs* Everyone's different. Plus, like I said, I didn't say the fact that she was linked with the Butei Killer stuff was obvious (it wasn't). I said just the fact that she has ill-intentions at all (regardless of what they were exactly) seemed obvious to me. But like I just said above, everyone's different. Not everyone's going to see the same thing, let alone are they trained is trained to spot these kinds of stereotypes in narrative like I am. I often forget that. XD
And this is not what I'm understanding. So it's because she has a cheerful personality, that you automatically assume that she is hiding something? Sure, there have been many a case where this is true, but those times were most likely foreshadowed in previous episodes; a close-up pan of the cheerful char with a sad face after some dialogue; some kind of stuttering during a conversation; speaking as if s/he weren't confident in what they were saying; trembling his/her fist during a conversation; SOMETHING. Riko does not once exhibit any of these factors that were recognizable before this(4th) episode. As such, how can you attribute her as having any ill-intentions before this episode? If you really did base it on the fact that she was 'too cheerful', then it's not 'painfully obvious' or even remotely obvious; you just made a guess and happened to be right =0\.

Last edited by frubam; 2011-05-11 at 12:31.
Old 2011-05-11, 13:45   Link #66
tsunade666

being too cheerful and chummy to the MC has it's own downfall. It gives room for suspicion but not enough reason to give an ILL suspicion. She might be just odd from the way things like the way she is always around Kinji and such but for the clock. There are no clues left on who change them but all and all that is not enough to make her the culprit.

the anime lacks foreshadowing.
Old 2011-05-11, 15:36   Link #67
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well I guess the hint may have simply been the fact that she had the role of a Knowledge Broker and such characters can easily turn out to be manipulators.
Old 2011-05-12, 07:16   Link #68
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So it's because she has a cheerful personality, that you automatically assume that she is hiding something?
Lol, nope.
Old 2011-05-12, 07:34   Link #69
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Lol, nope.
What a compelling argument. I especially thought the "lol" was a good point.
Old 2011-05-12, 20:22   Link #70
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
but not as successful, apparently.
how so? HnA LN has better sales figures than IS LN last year.
Old 2011-05-12, 20:24   Link #71
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
how so? HnA LN has better sales figures than IS LN last year.
I think he meant in terms of anime.
Old 2011-05-13, 01:10   Link #72
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
What a compelling argument. I especially thought the "lol" was a good point.
Um, wat? I wasn't trying to make an argument or prove any kind of point. I was just letting that person know that I didn't make my assumption based off of the fact that Riko displayed a cheerful personality.
Old 2011-05-13, 02:34   Link #73
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If you're going to say it was obvious, you could atleast be more clear on why you thought it was obvious. Simply saying that she exuded ill intentions isn't all that helpful. What stereotype in the narrative did you spot that you were trained to do so that allowed you to see through Riko's character?
Old 2011-05-21, 00:35   Link #74
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

only thing i’m bit WHAT a mom in jail for 800+ years really how that happen especially with that jail time really who on “wacky pack” right now?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2011-05-21, 11:16   Link #75
Dr. Casey

Yeah, if they prove that Aria's mom is innocent, she should sue so hard for being given almost a millennium in prison. No telling how much money she could make from that case.
Closed Thread