Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 05:02   Link #3401
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Are you alluding to the slowdown issue in the PSP remake? Because relatively recently a patch was released to fix it... custom firmware required.
Naw, just that everything scaled down to PSP size and quality makes it look more blurred; I've already patched the slowdown issue. I mean this game was made for a console; it's just nice they made a portable version and did such a fine job with it.
Old 2012-10-28, 07:01   Link #3402
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Still playing Fairy Bloom Freesia. I had to start over on Easy because it's balls-fucking-hard.

Also playing:

TERA Online (while waiting for FFXIV 2.0)
Fallout: New Vegas (yet again)
Fortune Summoners (second time through, and it's also balls-hard...)

Considering starting my RIFT subscription back up for Storm Legion... god damn Trion, please give me a "cute" character option and bring the UI into the 21st century and I will give you ALL the money!
Old 2012-10-28, 07:42   Link #3403
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Rome: Total War> currently using Carthage and having rough time pushing Egyptian forces from the Middle East

Clannad VN> Fuko route

Harem Party> Half way

Brass Works> just starting

Sono Hanabira 6 and 8> wondering if I start or not... got mixed feelings.. LOLS
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 13:59   Link #3404
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Preparing for the big storm, so I have to get my portable video game systems fully charged in case the power goes out... But aside from that, this is what I played recently

Vita:
Little Busters Converted Version - Finally finished up after the opening of the visual novel, but not much progress.
Idolmaster Shiny Festa: Honey Sound - Compared to Project Diva, the controls are easier, but still has difficulty. Ranked up to the second rank.
Old 2012-10-28, 14:29   Link #3405
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

EVE, fired up another acc to start trading though not going so well as of yet. Then it's Tribes as usual and back to AI War... which never ceases the "Suddenly, X" moments, especially after several patches so every hour has a surprise.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:28   Link #3406
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Really wish I had the scratch to pick up X-COM: Enemy Unknown and Dishonored...
Old 2012-10-29, 23:56   Link #3407
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Have been playing AC3 for a couple of hours tonight, made it to Sequence 6 so far. The game is incredibly good, granted, my expecations were kinda low, but they actually managed to get out something pretty fascinating. I could write hundreds on words about it, but I'm tired and I don't think anyone cares anyway, so I'll settle for this. Definitely give this one a shot, it's by far the best in the franchise so far in my opinion, allthough I still prefer the beautiful italian cities from AC2.
Old 2012-10-31, 00:01   Link #3408
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Waiting on my copy of THE iDOLM@STER: Shiny Festa - Funky Note to come.

Meanwhile I'm killing time by playing some nostalgic games from the PS Game Archives:
-Atelier Marie
-Arc the Lad II
-Legend of Dragoon
Old 2012-10-31, 11:44   Link #3409
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Currently playing:

Vita: Ragnarok Odyssey
comments: download this game yesterday on PSN (1.1 gig). i started the game as an assassin
first because she looks HOT. but other than that, i really LOVING this game so far! i got my
butt kick by one of bear boss in the extra mission. i thought it was easy at first until i ran into that
bear boss...lol. i beaten it later when i gotten more atk power and hp up cards. and

then i ran into my first chapter 1 boss and got owned. >____<; i beat him the second time
around though by playing it safe and run around and wait for an
opening to sneak attack him. he wasn't too difficult, but i did run around like a
rabbit scare to death when fighting him...lol. now i'm on chapter 2. really fun game
and not to mention the graphic looks very colorful and beautiful as well.
the music is ok; nothing too memorable, but the bosses fight were pretty cool and
hard at first until you figure out their patterns and play it safe.

overall, i really enjoying it so far playing in about 3-4 hrs. 9.2/10 pts.!

assassin
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-03, 11:14   Link #3410
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Currently obsessing over THE iDOLM@STER: Shiny Festa - Funky Note.

Currently about 8 hours into it with about 89,000fans. Also conquered the "Debut" difficulty with a 100% SSS ranking on all songs. On the "Regular" difficulty I managed to snag atleast a S ranking on all songs. Not having such luck on the "Pro" and "Master" difficulty though.
Old 2012-11-03, 11:41   Link #3411
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Currently obsessing over THE iDOLM@STER: Shiny Festa - Funky Note.
I'll join that club. Currently trying to get all SSS on the "Debut" difficulty (up to S now) and then at least A on Regular. The game is harder than I thought it would be.
Old 2012-11-03, 13:09   Link #3412
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Currently playing: FireFall.

CB Key waiting time: 3 hours since registration <- HELL YEAH!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 17:30   Link #3413
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Arcana Heart 3 in celebration of the recently announced updated version of said title being released this winter.
Old 2012-11-03, 19:53   Link #3414
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Zone of Enders HD
Metal Gear Rising Demo
WWE'13
RE6 - getting the EX costumes
Old 2012-11-04, 09:20   Link #3415
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

"Currently Finishing", more like. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.

Hot damn, they were on their A game for this one. The puzzles make a good use of the 3DS features, the 3D character models actually work quite well, and the story...

It transitions between past and present beautifully, in a way that doesn't feel forced. As you play as younger and older Layton, you meet the friends and grow with the friends that play an integral part of the entire plot. The bit about the treasure is quite nifty too, let me tell you. Very nice game, and it's bursting with emotions this time around. Not to say the previous installments were void of that, but it's done so well is feels more potent this time.

Oh, and you know that feeling of intelligence and satisfaction you get when you figure out that last little bit about who's pulling the strings behind the operations? Yeah, prepare for that. In a sense it sort of feeds it to anyone who has been observant enough, but not in the way that you feel cheated out of solving it for yourself.

There's even an epilogue that outstretches the safe boundaries of Layton territory with threats of world domination and ultimate hidden power. It ends in a "To Be Continued", so it makes me happy to see we'll get yet another game somewhere in the future.
Old 2012-11-04, 12:54   Link #3416
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I haven't had power for nearly a week because of Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy, so I mainly played games during that time...

Idolmaster Shiny Festa - Honey Sound (Vita/PSP) - I find this game rather fun as the learning curve isn't as steep compared to Project Diva. I have almost finished playing the Regular difficulty, but haven't prefect it yet since the room is so cold and I keep messing up because my hands are frozen.

Pokemon White (DS) - Challenging the Battle Train, nothing special.
Old 2012-11-04, 23:14   Link #3417
Soverence

Record of Agarest War Zero, all I can say is that it is a annoying hard game and that is really the only reason that I am playing it at all since the story sucks for the most part but playing a game for the challenge every once in awhile is bad.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 00:50   Link #3418
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Picked up Zone of the Enders HD Collection, and finished up the first game. Having only played alittle bit of 2nd Runner afew years ago, I liked how the game played. Didn't really think the first game would only be about 5 hours long. Guess it should be somewhat easier to platinum it atleast~

360: Finally got around to starting Mass Effect again. Started playing it about 3-4 years ago, never got too into it. Restarted the campaign, and I'm enjoying it more than I had back then. It's one of those games where you need to actually pay attention to the story and the small info bits to really enjoy it. Will probably go through the 2nd and 3rd game once I'm done with this one.

DS: Put down Pokemon Black 2 fpr now, replaying Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors before my copy of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for 3DS shows up in the mail.
Old 2012-11-06, 04:34   Link #3419
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Having a great fun with Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted [PC] have some stuttering problem but so far it's still acceptable to me (my laptop's barely enough to run the game ). I like the game design and also its action elements. Have plenty of cars to drive, each of them have their own set of races although the unlocked upgrades are just the same. Too bad that there's no visual modifications for the cars.

I wish it has a bit of story with characters like the previous Most Wanted, but I can see why it wasn't implemented since the game's designed for multiplayer purposes.
Old 2012-11-06, 23:43   Link #3420
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Trying to finish Tales of Graces, but it's just so...bland. Been playing an hour or two here and there for months. The only thing keeping me going is my deep addiction borne from the glory days of JRPGs.

While I generally never play games on my smartphone, I recently got hooked on Star Traders, a space trade/combat/exploration game. Great throwback to the golden years of the 90s in that genre. Being able to see a leaderboard in as many categories as possible would be the one thing I'd love to see added (allowing you to opt in and out, of course). Actually, being able to see other people's ships and interact with them in some way (opt in and out), would also be pretty damn neat.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-11-07 at 00:06.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote