AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 216 59.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 23.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 4.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-19, 12:30   Link #1401
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

No one said it was smart, but Suzaku's no Lelouch. He's exhausted his options and Shirley's death has put him in a not quite rational state of mind.
Old 2008-07-19, 15:41   Link #1402
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Wow all this talk like the anime characters are areal people. Of course they won't make Suzaku figure out anything, even the simplest things, he's not the MAIN char nor the main threat so he doesn't get to do anything amazing. Simple anime rules and you people talk like it's something unexpected. <_<

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 15:46   Link #1403
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Wow all this talk like the anime characters are areal people. Of course they won't make Suzaku figure out anything, even the simplest things, he's not the MAIN char nor the main threat so he doesn't get to do anything amazing. Simple anime rules and you people talk like it's something unexpected. <_<
so whats your bet as to what happens next
Old 2008-07-19, 16:10   Link #1404
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

Only one night to go

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:22   Link #1405
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
so whats your bet as to what happens next
The MarySue doesn't get to suffer because it's immoral ,.... yadda yadda to get infro from female prisoners and Lulu escapes from the almighty emperor unscathed. What else could happen?

Old 2008-07-19, 16:35   Link #1406
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
The MarySue doesn't get to suffer because it's immoral ,.... yadda yadda to get infro from female prisoners and Lulu escapes from the almighty emperor unscathed. What else could happen?
wheres the fun in just yadda yaddaing it away rather then raise your own theories
this isnt the place to only be-little other people's ranting and speculations
this is the place to rant and speculate yourself
get with the ranting spirit
otherwise why bother being here
Old 2008-07-19, 16:40   Link #1407
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I think you'll find that the right place for that is, oh, the Spoiler and Speculation Thread.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:45   Link #1408
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I think you'll find that the right place for that is, oh, the Spoiler and Speculation Thread.

and this is of course the cooking thread where we talk about our favorite foods
Old 2008-07-19, 16:46   Link #1409
Dream_Traveller
Banned

...Was that even meant to be a damaging or sarcastic retort? Eh, forget it, wasting my time.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:49   Link #1410
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
...Was that even meant to be a damaging or sarcastic retort? Eh, forget it, wasting my time.
lighten up dude
it was ment as a joke
Old 2008-07-19, 16:50   Link #1411
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
With likes of him? Always.

Old 2008-07-19, 16:55   Link #1412
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
With likes of him? Always.

ouch !
i dont have to take this
screw you guys
i'm going home
Old 2008-07-19, 20:04   Link #1413
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Bolded Parts:

If Suzaku barged into the now corrupted intelligence agency and viewed lelouches recent activities suzaku would noticed that he keeps going to the "library" suzaku goes and check out the place. cue lelouch coming out of the hidden bookshelf at the wrong moment, and everything would have moved on long ago
The problem is that the Intelligence Agency is working under the direct orders of the emperor. I don't think Suzaku ever got the order to find out whether Lelouch is Zero. He has NO authority whatsoever to demand information from an agency under the orders of the emperor. KoR or not, he is still working under someone much more powerful than him.

Even if he somehow manages to get the information he wants, Lelouch probably has altered that information already. All Suzaku would get is another logbook showing Lelouch's day to day activities.

I'm going to give Suzaku some credit and say that he has already thought of this beforehand. He is backed into a corner and the only real option he has left is to drug Kallen. Of course he can just stop listening to his gut, but that is probably the only thing that hasn't failed him yet.

The guy is desperate to prove that he is right...whatever means necessary
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 20:21   Link #1414
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
The problem is that the Intelligence Agency is working under the direct orders of the emperor. I don't think Suzaku ever got the order to find out whether Lelouch is Zero. He has NO authority whatsoever to demand information from an agency under the orders of the emperor. KoR or not, he is still working under someone much more powerful than him.

Even if he somehow manages to get the information he wants, Lelouch probably has altered that information already. All Suzaku would get is another logbook showing Lelouch's day to day activities.

I'm going to give Suzaku some credit and say that he has already thought of this beforehand. He is backed into a corner and the only real option he has left is to drug Kallen. Of course he can just stop listening to his gut, but that is probably the only thing that hasn't failed him yet.

The guy is desperate to prove that he is right...whatever means necessary
If he wants to be proven right, then marching straight into the Intelligence agency and demand to see the surveillance tapes of Lulu would be the quickest and surest way. And if he doesn't trust the intelligence, then the first suspect should be the people who gave him the data rather than a prisoner who had been locked up for weeks.

Drugging Kallen isn't the action of a disparate man, but the action of a stupid man. There are 101 ways for Suzaku to find out Lulu had infiltrated his surveillance, but drugging Kallen isn't one of them.
Old 2008-07-19, 20:30   Link #1415
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

There's something we can agree on, though I'd personally give Lelouch a bit more credit than that. There's a lot of tape to go through, and Lelouch probably has the relevant bits censored.
Old 2008-07-19, 20:32   Link #1416
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velden View Post
Certainly...the only thing susaku needed to do is to check the videotapes and watch lelouchīs athletics during the cupid event to realize that lelouch isnīt lelouch at all...but i guess the writers needed to show how desperate he is...
LOL....hahah man this post made me laugh.... but its so true
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 20:44   Link #1417
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If he wants to be proven right, then marching straight into the Intelligence agency and demand to see the surveillance tapes of Lulu would be the quickest and surest way. And if he doesn't trust the intelligence, then the first suspect should be the people who gave him the data rather than a prisoner who had been locked up for weeks.

Drugging Kallen isn't the action of a disparate man, but the action of a stupid man. There are 101 ways for Suzaku to find out Lulu had infiltrated his surveillance, but drugging Kallen isn't one of them.
Perhaps, but I think he does trust the Intelligence Agency. I think it is just that he thinks Lelouch has tricked the Intelligence Agency instead. I don't think he would have thought that the Intelligence agency, under the orders directly from the Emperor, would side with Lelouch.

Drugging Kallen may not be the best option, but interrogating a high rank member of the Black Knights is. So his method may be a bit slanted but by all means, trying to get information from Kallen isn't.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:24   Link #1418
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Perhaps, but I think he does trust the Intelligence Agency. I think it is just that he thinks Lelouch has tricked the Intelligence Agency instead. I don't think he would have thought that the Intelligence agency, under the orders directly from the Emperor, would side with Lelouch.

Drugging Kallen may not be the best option, but interrogating a high rank member of the Black Knights is. So his method may be a bit slanted but by all means, trying to get information from Kallen isn't.
You can't trust the Intelligence agency, yet doubt its intelligence in the same time.

If Suzaku still think Lulu got his memory back, then he is ignoring data from Intelligence. Thus by default Suzaku must think something has gone wrong at the Agency.

It is his duty to investigate a possible problem in the government. If he think someone is giving him wrong intel, then that should be where he should start looking. Kallen has been incarcerated for a while and do not have up to date information.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:31   Link #1419
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You can't trust the Intelligence agency, yet doubt its intelligence in the same time.

If Suzaku still think Lulu got his memory back, then he is ignoring data from Intelligence. Thus by default Suzaku must think something has gone wrong at the Agency.

It is his duty to investigate a possible problem in the government. If he think someone is giving him wrong intel, then that should be where he should start looking. Kallen has been incarcerated for a while and do not have up to date information.
Not at all, the Intelligence Agency doesn't have to "have a problem" to give the wrong data; it is the data they observed. Suzaku knows Lelouch is smart, but the problem is does he think Lelouch is smart enough to be able to avoid being caught by the Intelligence Agency. If he does, he has no reason to doubt the Intelligence Agency, only the data given to him.

Kallen may not have up to date info, but that doesn't change the fact the she worked with the "new" Zero. And with that, Suzaku has his reason to interrogate Kallen about the "new" Zero's identity.
Old 2008-07-19, 21:39   Link #1420
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Not at all, the Intelligence Agency doesn't have to "have a problem" to give the wrong data; it is the data they observed. Suzaku knows Lelouch is smart, but the problem is does he think Lelouch is smart enough to be able to avoid being caught by the Intelligence Agency. If he does, he has no reason to doubt the Intelligence Agency, only the data given to him.

Kallen may not have up to date info, but that doesn't change the fact the she worked with the "new" Zero. And with that, Suzaku has his reason to interrogate Kallen about the "new" Zero's identity.
Suzaku does not think there is a new Zero; he still think Lulu is Zero. Thus the quickest way is to bring Lulu in for a short time, not necessarily arrested. A few minutes talking with the fake Lulu, or the inability to find Lulu in general, would have been more than enough evidence for what he needed.

Perhaps the worst part of using Refrain, is that Kallen might start talking about the time when Lulu was still known to be Zero. Suzaku would never be sure if Kallen was talking about events in season 1 or season 2.