AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 13 9.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 8.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-05, 09:16   Link #81
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Decent ending but i expected the final showdown to have a little more umph behind it. It felt like after the Kid, Blackstar fight Maka's fight just fizzled. I understand the message they were portraying but still i just was not feeling it. It was nice to see everything worked out in the end.

I liked the series it was a fun ride just fizzled out for me in the end.
I snipped a bit of the quote, but the remaining part reflects my opinion perfectly. The idea of the ending wasn't bad, albeit rather mediocre, but it was executed in a way that showed none of the drive and gusto I enjoyed in the first half of this anime. The battle against Kishin in episodes 20+ was much more interesting and dramatic.

Though I liked Maka saving the day. Hooray for female shounen heroes. But I felt they burdened her character with too much reflection in the later parts of the anime. We get it. She's not Black*Star. She overanalyzes her potential and her actions and her future and gets doubts because of that. Being told that once or twice is enough to understand.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:23   Link #82
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

well the ending makes me glad i know the manga will take another route.

Seriously, she get to be a weapon soul to but just didn't know it? LAME, would have been better if she suddenly was able to project her soul force like Stein and Black Star. Would have made a lot more sense for the last punch.

Spoiler:

All in all rather disappointing. Would have preferred her and Soul create a "God Hunter" move instead.
Old 2009-04-05, 21:16   Link #83
libba
nepenthes rajah

The God Hunter technique is an excellent idea. The name itself sounds so cool *___*
Old 2009-04-05, 21:57   Link #84
mrboldy

anyone know wat chapter does the manga pick up from the anime? i wanna read the manga . The ending was kinda disappointing T_T
Old 2009-04-06, 01:58   Link #85
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

wasn't too bad, but it makes me wonder if Soul Eater will get the FMA treatment
Old 2009-04-06, 03:02   Link #86
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It's madness.
This is Sparta!

Sorry someone had to do it. Anyway very cheesy, but overall show was very well done. Just in the last 4 episodes the plot just collapsed.
Old 2009-04-06, 03:04   Link #87
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
well the ending makes me glad i know the manga will take another route.

Seriously, she get to be a weapon soul to but just didn't know it? LAME, would have been better if she suddenly was able to project her soul force like Stein and Black Star. Would have made a lot more sense for the last punch.

Spoiler:

All in all rather disappointing. Would have preferred her and Soul create a "God Hunter" move instead.
Okay. It would have made no sense for the black dress to turn up in that context, because it is a representation of the black blood, which Maka was absolutely not using in the moment she punched Asura.

Secondly, the whole point of the punch was that it wasn't down to physical force alone. It was Maka's courage that opposed fear/madness that Asura represents.

Having some sort of massive Scythe or soul wavelength attack from Maka do the job would have, I think, defeated the point Bones was trying to make; that courage - in everybody, according to them - not the brute strength that her peers were relying on at that point, was enough to finish the Big Bad.
Old 2009-04-06, 03:43   Link #88
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboldy View Post
anyone know wat chapter does the manga pick up from the anime? i wanna read the manga . The ending was kinda disappointing T_T
Chap 37ish. The manga deviates during the magnetic storm fight and takes a *I think* much better direction.
Old 2009-04-06, 05:51   Link #89
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Clearly, as Gonzo suffers from the Gonzo Ending Deasese, Bones too has it's own Bones Ending Desease.

In that they have to make thier own BS up at the end cuz, whoops out of footage.
Old 2009-04-06, 12:05   Link #90
AnimeFan188

Questions & comment.

It looked like Ashura spit out his weapon before he died. What will happen with
that?

If Maka was a weapon, why did she become a Meister? Was it because she didn't
want to follow in the footsteps of her cheat'n Dad?

Does the manga offer any answers to the above questions?

Since Maka and Soul are both weapons, maybe they can take turns being
weapon and user. Sorta like the Thompson sisters in the Pyramid battle.
Old 2009-04-06, 12:16   Link #91
Jerseykid

You had to wait till the end to learn the coolest thing about maka and it was so brief

So who was Excalibur's original meister?

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2009-04-06 at 12:33.
Old 2009-04-06, 12:46   Link #92
KanaKaishou

As far as I know, Arthur (yes, the knight king...guy)
Old 2009-04-06, 13:01   Link #93
Jerseykid

But when he was in the tech room in death city they talked about Excalibur's presence being a class reunion as if his previous meister was in the room.
Old 2009-04-06, 16:00   Link #94
lmd_84

Wasn't the whole point about Maka's Weapon transformation that she can't trigger it consciously?

If so, then she's not going to suddenly be training as a Weapon as well as as a meister.

Just wondering, as several people seem to think she now counts as both, whereas what I've gathered of the episode says something rather different.
Old 2009-04-06, 19:27   Link #95
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Maka's weapon soul is made up for the anime in my book.

Since Bones was just making up stuff, the black dress could have been a "moment of cool" instead and not have anything tied to the black blood.

I get the point of courage for Maka, but that's like saying Black Star, Kid, and Shinigami didn't have courage so that's why they failed to beat Asura.
Old 2009-04-06, 20:22   Link #96
Eater of All
NOM

This is a SRSBSNS rant post, and I suggest anyone who don't like reading too much to skip it. What makes this different however, is that it's made to rant not against the whole "owning Kishin in one punch" ordeal, but rather made to support it.

Spoiler for tl;dr:
Old 2009-04-06, 23:08   Link #97
mpt37

Ending was a bit of a let down. Episodes 22-24 did such a good job at portraying how powerful Asura was, just being in his presence was enough to make you go insane.

Asura at the end of series just didn't seem as strong as he was depected to be.
Old 2009-04-07, 02:49   Link #98
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
series failed the ending. everything before kishim vs shinigami rd2 was awesome. i even tolorated giangt walking city for epicness, but fails after that

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2009-04-07, 20:14   Link #99
OutSmart
Comic Relief

9/10

It was a great episode with some suprises and plus, it was the ending.. even so it was not perfect, and I kinda though it was a bit disappointing, not because of the ep it self, but because of the direction the anime took... I keep my opinion that this show started was perfect awesomeness and went downhill from there, with some great eps, I must admit, in the middle, to try to save the show.

Even so, quality was lost along the time.

Oh well, I love to find that maka was a scythe (awesome), that my dear shimigami was alive (although I would prefer him to die if that made kiddo the new shimigami) and I loved how kinshin lost because he was a coward after all (although they could have made some better scenes for that).

Oh well, it's over, lets just wait for a second abd greater season.
Old 2009-04-07, 22:17   Link #100
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

this reminded me of Touma in index somehow..with punches that "own" the strongest ppl around
but still, they ended it.