AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-02-13, 13:06   Link #5721
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
since Hata is such a big fan of type-moon, i predict Hina is the new Sat-chan
Hina is far too popular to be HnG's Sacchin. (Well, this no longer applies since after MB she started gaining a lot of popularity - she's in Tsukihime's Top 5 now - and she's quite likely getting a route in the remake, but that's beside the point.)

I think Hata could start a new manga with Hina as the main character, and it'd quite likely sell like crazy.
Old 2010-02-13, 13:26   Link #5722
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think Hata could start a new manga with Hina as the main character, and it'd quite likely sell like crazy.
Now THERE I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Bring Hayate to a conclusion this year, take a month or so off, and then start a new "Hina-centric" series based on her alternate "Hero" persona. Sort of a "Greatest American Hero" Japanese style.
Old 2010-02-13, 14:44   Link #5723
Lisemer

I will prefer a Railgun-like series, because she is very similar to Misaka...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:58   Link #5724
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Comedy vs. Sci-fi (with more action).......

Pointing to the current arc, it just might work. But since the rest of the series was mostly all comedy, it would be tough to have a spin off be totally different from the original. Railgun did not totally veer away from the original (sci-fi action with some comedy) so it worked.

Keep the comedy, but add alittle more action to the Hina spin off. (Although Misaka is a very good comparison)
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:02   Link #5725
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
since Hata is such a big fan of type-moon, i predict Hina is the new Sat-chan
Erm.......what do you mean by that?

Quote:
The longer this series goes, the better the chances for Hinagiku to defy fate (something that seems to happen to most secondary main characters, not all).
@hinakatbklyn
Defy fate? what is that you mean?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 20:20   Link #5726
hinakatbklyn

This may not have started out as a romance series, but it almost looks like one now. (1 guy multiple girls to choose from) In most cases the lead character would choose the first one he met. (whether it's Nagi or Athena for Hayate is up for discussion). That means even if Hinagiku was the first one to attempt a confession, she might end up not being Hayate's choice in the end. But that depends on how long this series goes.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 20:32   Link #5727
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
This may not have started out as a romance series, but it almost looks like one now. (1 guy multiple girls to choose from) In most cases the lead character would choose the first one he met. (whether it's Nagi or Athena for Hayate is up for discussion). That means even if Hinagiku was the first one to attempt a confession, she might end up not being Hayate's choice in the end. But that depends on how long this series goes.
1) Ayumu already confessed, so Hina couldn't be the first.
2) Hata doesn't play by anyone's rules.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 20:57   Link #5728
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

In other words, Hina must be last one to be confessed her love for Hayate. Am I right?
Which means, she have to confess in the near end of the series or a couple of chapters that reach to the near end of the series or whatever and whenever it is. But, it could be something like this. Just like what happened at the last 2 episodes of the last season of Cardcaptor Sakura.
Old 2010-02-13, 21:54   Link #5729
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Erm.......what do you mean by that?
look up satsuki, type-moon and tsukihime.
Old 2010-02-14, 04:49   Link #5730
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
but sadly there are no guys in the series that the main heroine is longing for (talking about Tomoya if im correct who appears once for 10 or more episodes for few sec)

so its hard to compare railgun to hayate no gotoku's hina ^^ they are war-like characters with huge sense of justice yet they are way different

I kinda prefer Hina from HnG becouse we can observe her character development... from a tomboy at the begginig of series she slowly starts to develop feelings... become more like a girl... start to notice that she loves someone (knowing feeling of love)... unable to confess... yet still helps to reunite main char with other girl while walking for now away....

Its not like Hina will lose after this.... I guess it might create the opposite effect... her suffering of what she saw will eventualyl like what happened with Athena now... pill up her feelings and emotions (suffering from jelousy... envious ect).... and one of those days when she will be somehow alone with hayate burst all those feelings out (like Athena now)

so this moment of suffering will make her only good becouse she will really learn if her feelings are real... if she is ok to just give up and walk away without even trying to confess.... holding feelings if worse than confession becouse if she confesses and gets rejected she at least knows that she tried so she can walk with head up while again be cheerfull...since she knows the answer.... while now that she did not confess her feelings will stuck an pill up in her... by not knowing hayates reply to her feelings...

so now we will observe Hinas growing more depressed maybe other will start to notice that along with hayate... which at the end will result hinas feelings to blow up by not beign able to hold it inside even knowing that its wrong becouse it will hurt athena's feelings ^^

hmmm I wonder what path will hata go and what will he do now... will he make everyone go back to Japan along with Athena who will return to hakou school as the main chairman (maybe hina will somehow get closer to athena since she is free from midas and her char could have changed since she has hayate's love with her..... well maybe at the end athena would notice that hina has feelings for hayate too).... or will he make athena lose all memories related to royal garen so she will forget about hayate so hayate returns all heart-broken/depressed/no longer want to live ^^.... which is a good opportunity for Hina to counter attack.......... or athena is all happy about haytes feelings but she has to stay here in grece so she has to part with him here

guhhh many many options... but we cant cross out Hina becouse its only the beggining for her :P (well if it comes to this... Hayate has already a bleesing from hinas parents :P [especialy mother] XD... well hinas mom kinda wanted hayate to be hinas boyfriend ^^ so it would be funny when hayate accepts hinas feelings... and mother suddenly asks when is the weeding day ^^)

Last edited by zibi88; 2010-02-14 at 06:35.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 06:18   Link #5731
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
but sadly there are no guys in the series that the main heroine is longing for (talking about Tomoya if im correct who appears once for 10 or more episodes for few sec)

so its hard to compare railgun to hayate no gotoku's hina ^^ they are war-like characters with huge sense of justice yet they are way different

I kinda prefer Hina from HnG becouse we can observe her character development... from a tomboy at the begginig of series she slowly starts to develop feelings... become more like a girl... start to notice that she loves someone (knowing feeling of love)... unable to confess... yet still helps to reunite main char with other girl while walking for now away....

Its not like Hina will lose after this.... I guess it might create the opposite effect... her suffering of what she saw will eventualyl like what happened with Athena now... pill up her feelings and emotions (suffering from jelousy... envious ect).... and one of those days when she will be somehow alone with hayate burst all those feelings out (like Athena now)

so this moment of suffering will make her only good becouse she will really learn if her feelings are real... if she is ok to just give up and walk away without even trying to confess.... holding feelings if worse than confession becouse if she confesses and gets rejected she at least knows that she tried so she can walk with head up while again be cheerfull...since she knows the answer.... while now that she did not confess her feelings will stuck an pill up in her... by not knowing hayates reply to her feelings...

so now we will observe Hinas growing more depressed maybe other will start to notice that along with hayate... which at the end will result hinas feelings to blow up by not beign able to hold it inside even knowing that its wrong becouse it will hurt athena's feelings ^^

hmmm I wonder what path will kishi go and what will he do now... will he make everyone go back to Japan along with Athena who will return to hakou school as the main chairman (maybe hina will somehow get closer to athena since she is free from midas and her char could have changed since she has hayate's love with her..... well maybe at the end athena would notice that hina has feelings for hayate too).... or will he make athena lose all memories related to royal garen so she will forget about hayate so hayate returns all heart-broken/depressed/no longer want to live ^^.... which is a good opportunity for Hina to counter attack.......... or athena is all happy about haytes feelings but she has to stay here in grece so she has to part with him here

guhhh many many options... but we cant cross out Hina becouse its only the beggining for her :P (well if it comes to this... Hayate has already a bleesing from hinas parents :P [especialy mother] XD... well hinas mom kinda wanted hayate to be hinas boyfriend ^^ so it would be funny when hayate accepts hinas feelings... and mother suddenly asks when is the weeding day ^^)
Same goes to me, zibi. I share the same opinion as well.

As I can see, I like Hina is because she has an impressive character development in a dramatic way. She was a tomboy from the beginning. After an arcs to arcs, chapters to chapters, her character gradually changes as many chapters going by.

You are right, she was felt heart-broken from the beginning, start from the end of chapter 239, until chapter 257-259, she no longer felt very depress, but maybe a bit, from her heart, even though she's unable to confess, but she could at least able help out the main character to reunite with other girl.

Well it doesn't mean that she'll give up so easily, but at least she is able to confess her feeling to him when the time is right. Because after all the hardship that she is facing with, she still hold her feelings for him. Because for this, it accumulate many things till she is forced to face them and have to face suffering for a long time of period. Still, she still bares a feeling for a long time. Even so, there will be a miracle take place after facing many conflicts and suffering with hardship for a long time. Don't worry, the god of miracle shall guide her path.

Err..No. You can't say that Athena have to lose all her memories that related to the RG all of the sudden. Cause it may make its proper storyline doesn't make sense at all.

Splendid point, zibi. Besides, encountering one of Hina's biological parents, especially her mother, that should make things interesting. But, about the last paragraph that you mentioned, I don't think it is funny if Hayate accept Hina's feeling. But, it is rather surprising. As for the wedding day, .............*suddenly fall on the floor*

Spoiler for my personal theory:

Last edited by Xero8420; 2010-02-14 at 06:28.
Old 2010-02-14, 06:47   Link #5732
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Like Alkaid ?

Thinking about it, making someone hurt because of one's fault, or perhaps another, may bring that person to think more about the person who was hurt. Like Alkaid or Shino. But, don't we actually had already got someone to do that part ? Like Athena for example. She was 'hurt' because of Midas, and now Hayate is trying to do everything he can to save her. If you add Nagi, he might try to do everything he can because of her sacrifices for Hayate. . . I don't think Hata will add another one like Hina to suffer like they did.

As for that theory. . . perhaps if Masamune could amplified one emotion more than it should be, I wonder if that can make anyone go into a berserk state, and perhaps make that person to be evil o.o Like for example, Hina who was trying hard to help Hayate with her Masamune become so emotional that she become evil herself. . .

.....I hope not.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 07:27   Link #5733
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
^
Like Alkaid ?

Thinking about it, making someone hurt because of one's fault, or perhaps another, may bring that person to think more about the person who was hurt. Like Alkaid or Shino. But, don't we actually had already got someone to do that part ? Like Athena for example. She was 'hurt' because of Midas, and now Hayate is trying to do everything he can to save her. If you add Nagi, he might try to do everything he can because of her sacrifices for Hayate. . . I don't think Hata will add another one like Hina to suffer like they did.

As for that theory. . . perhaps if Masamune could amplified one emotion more than it should be, I wonder if that can make anyone go into a berserk state, and perhaps make that person to be evil o.o Like for example, Hina who was trying hard to help Hayate with her Masamune become so emotional that she become evil herself. . .

.....I hope not.
Alright, I got your point.

Spoiler for comment and suggestion:

Spoiler for what I was actually mentioned is...:

Hmm.....Perhaps that may happen. Perhaps.

Anyway, at least Hata could use these example for his manga though.

Anyhow, let's think about another way of making that miracle happen.

Well, any question?
Old 2010-02-14, 08:58   Link #5734
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
You are right, she was felt heart-broken from the beginning, start from the end of chapter 239, until chapter 257-259, she no longer felt very depress, but maybe a bit, from her heart, even though she's unable to confess, but she could at least able help out the main character to reunite with other girl.
I'm surprised how many people seem to misunderstand Hina's development in the last chapters. There is _no_ change for the better since 239. When she learned about Athena, she was first shocked and hurt. Still she pushed Hayate to act on his worries and confess to her. Then, back on her own, she tried to get over the shock, but sadness and jealousy set in. Even in c257, she explicitly admitted to herself that she was terribly jealous and hurt. It wouldn't change her determination to save Hayate where she could, but doing so didn't help things.

And now, at the end of c260, when she is seeing the bleeding Hayate holding his "suki na hito" in his arms, she turns away and leaves crying under her mask. Emotionally, she currently is on her lowest point ever. Maximum damage. And any recovery and healing will have to start from this point.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:03   Link #5735
zibi88

that's why I said that its just the begginig for Hina... she undestands her feelings and just like with athena her feelings will pill up before they split out in cry only to confess her feelings in tears in her eyes...

We saw Athena a cold-faced expression... than she remembers the time with hayate... and her expression becomes different... till her feelings reach maximum and they come out with tears and yell for hayate to ave her...

the same process might happen with hina... confusion (dont know what to do and how to deal with those holding feelings), jelousy, envious (she would be the girl that hayate hugs warmly and risks his life to save her just like he did with athena now)... maybe little hate will born towards Athena becouse she stole hayte from her :P

we still dont know how things will play out from now on... the HaytexAthena matter... maybe if we knew where thats gona lead we could predict what hina will do...

I guess she might cry out at Ayumus shoulders... but still ayumu might ask her not to give up hope... so hina will become little more cheerfull yet she wont give up hope and her feelings towards hayate

but I guess hina eventually might confess even knowing that she might hurt Nagi or Athena with it... well its her personaly matter and she has to get over this matter herself... by looking constantly on others people first than her own position she will allways end up the one that suffers.... hina now helped hayate becouse she loves him too and she would suffer if she saw that hayate is sad,depressed, worried, not smiling all the time.....

heh the best solution would be if Hayate and all girls that love him went to the Royal Garden xD so there he could perform "monogamy" since in japan its forbidden xD hayate is happy.... all girls are happy... no need to worry with other stuff in mortla world XD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:21   Link #5736
Mentar
Banned

Mhh, I don't think so. The confession days are over. I'd expect Hina to distance herself from Hayate a bit for the time being. Revert to the old setup. Maybe getting angry at him for not properly handling his "girlfriend" Athena, like she was angry at his "misbehavior" towards Ayumu *grin*

No - if Hina is going to "win", I believe that it has to be Hayate confessing to HER, with her struggling and resisting

(Which only shows how looooooong-shot her chances are)
Old 2010-02-14, 15:12   Link #5737
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Mhh, I don't think so. The confession days are over. I'd expect Hina to distance herself from Hayate a bit for the time being. Revert to the old setup. Maybe getting angry at him for not properly handling his "girlfriend" Athena, like she was angry at his "misbehavior" towards Ayumu *grin*

No - if Hina is going to "win", I believe that it has to be Hayate confessing to HER, with her struggling and resisting

(Which only shows how looooooong-shot her chances are)
That seems too much of a retread, if anything things would likely go in an unseen direction.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 15:19   Link #5738
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
That seems too much of a retread, if anything things would likely go in an unseen direction.
Well, either Athena's gonna have to be a provider for Nagi, or they're going to return to Japan with nowhere to call home.

In fact, how is tuition paid at Hakuo? It'd be interesting if she and Hayate got booted out and started going to Ayumu's school (again in Hayate's case). Of course, this would only be interesting for a short time, but could supply some laughs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 15:29   Link #5739
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I've had good results with bets lately. My call: There will not be a Hina confession in up to chapter 300, and IMHO probably never. Anyone willing to take it up?
Old 2010-02-14, 15:51   Link #5740
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I've had good results with bets lately. My call: There will not be a Hina confession in up to chapter 300, and IMHO probably never. Anyone willing to take it up?
I wont say never but...I have this feeling she will confess followed by the classic "I just wanted to say it" line cause it will be already too late for it to actually work. (Hell it may already be too late but who knows)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen