AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-16, 08:24   Link #381
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
claimin that leerin has a shield in the romance category especially with the development between nina and felli seems quite preemptive. Leerin has very little revealed about her, so at this point claiming plot shields seems a little too early plus too many childhood friend is usally not conisdered a shield.
Ah, sorry, I'm obviously too tired and stupid and didn't read your previous comment. Hah. I dunno, I don't really have proof, and neither am I going to bother to look, but I've seen a rise in childhood friends becoming canon recently, so my mind might be a little bit clouded.
Old 2009-03-16, 08:58   Link #382
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
claimin that leerin has a shield in the romance category especially with the development between nina and felli seems quite preemptive. Leerin has very little revealed about her, so at this point claiming plot shields seems a little too early plus too many childhood friend is usally not conisdered a shield.
Ahem. Most osananajimi tends to end up together in a lot of animes. And actually, kafka, I think it's the opposite, childhood friends tends to lose a lot recently... (Though for me it's a good thing-I do have a great dislike to osananajimi pairing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
About Felli and Fon-fon: Their relationship somewhat static for me. Practicaly in every episode:
Felli questions-Layfon Answers-Felli kick/punch!(perhaps it's a very rough summary)
... But Felli is also the one who learned something new about Fon-Fon in each episode, hence her gaining upper hand than Nina and Meishen (not that Nina doesn't also learn about Fon-Fon too And all in all, Leerin is the leading girl if we count this one-I'm not surprised when I browse the novel she become the main heroine).

('Sides, it's more natural to me since Felli is the type that cannot express her feelings-There is a certain definition for this type in Japanese... But what was that word again...? )

In any case, I'm not really expecting a pairing end in the anime and the novel. Maybe a LayfonxLeerin in the novel, but definitely I will be surprised if Layfon ends up with anyone in the anime.

Old 2009-03-16, 09:39   Link #383
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Problem that as you said Nina larns something new from Layfon too but she teches him something in return sometimes...
Interesting, because even in the novels the romance part is far from resolved(if i remember well the real fighting has just begun!)
Anyways i think we should start a poll about th pairings.
Old 2009-03-16, 11:06   Link #384
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Watch Xamdou. There's a similiar situation between the male lead and two female leads.
Old 2009-03-16, 11:45   Link #385
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Interesting, because even in the novels the romance part is far from resolved(if i remember well the real fighting has just begun!)
Anyways i think we should start a poll about th pairings.
Ah, far from resolved, yes (And as I said, highly impossible for it will be resolved) though even by shortly browsing all the volumes, since light novel is not really good for my health and interest (), while I do see a lot of development for Nina in the novel, Leerin has already claimed the baton from a long time ago and is already in the middle, being Layfon's most cared person at the moment.

Add that she is getting a lot more focus than Felli or Nina, get her relationship to flow normally as possible with Layfon (I try not to spoil too much in the Leerin's relationship division for the novel-there are certain spoilers abound if I get into details and I'm too lazy to translate all of them or to summarize them here. I'm that evil, thank you ) and basically get her flag earlier

Some people (cough, you know who you are, you LayfonxNina supporters in a certain IRC channel) would definitely try to kill me though if I safely say that Leerin is the person who Layfon cared the most. XD

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a shipper for any pairings for Regios. Yeah, I know it seems like I'm biased to LeerinxLayfon or FellixLayfon and try to shot Nina down or something, but I ship Layfon harem the most, with utter hawtness and homicidal tendency potential of SavariusxDixerioxLayfon in close second XD XD XD What can I say... I have a certain love for homicidal pairings end!

Old 2009-03-16, 12:44   Link #386
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
Ah, far from resolved, yes (And as I said, highly impossible for it will be resolved) though even by shortly browsing all the volumes, since light novel is not really good for my health and interest ( ), while I do see a lot of development for Nina in the novel, Leerin has already claimed the baton from a long time ago and is already in the middle, being Layfon's most cared person at the moment.

Add that she is getting a lot more focus than Felli or Nina, get her relationship to flow normally as possible with Layfon (I try not to spoil too much in the Leerin's relationship division for the novel-there are certain spoilers abound if I get into details and I'm too lazy to translate all of them or to summarize them here. I'm that evil, thank you ) and basically get her flag earlier
Then if you really bother to look and follow, the anime taken a different approach than the novels.

Take example of episode 5, the reason why Layfon wanted to fight and protected the city was because his desires to protect Meichin and the rest of her gang, while in the novel it’s mostly because he read Leerin’s letter which motivated him in the first place.

And episode 6, where the letter from Leerin was basically just a baton being past here and there without actually mentioning the actual content itself, only to be known when we reached episode 8 and maybe 9.

What are the points from the above? Simple, the anime downplayed Leerin’s role. She’s still important to Layfon, just not as significant as she was in the novels. Other girls like Nina and Felli and maybe Mei received an equal amount of development that matches Leerin. It’s as seems like the anime wanted to make all the girls stood on equal ground rather than playing favorites.

So yes, the anime took a different route than the novels

And heck,

Spoiler for the novel:

So comparing the anime and novel is basically a moot point. They may be going to be similar in terms of overall or main storyline. But in romance? I doubt it.
Old 2009-03-16, 14:11   Link #387
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Then if you really bother to look and follow, the anime taken a different approach than the novels.

Take example of episode 5, the reason why Layfon wanted to fight and protected the city was because his desires to protect Meichin and the rest of her gang, while in the novel it’s mostly because he read Leerin’s letter which motivated him in the first place.

And episode 6, where the letter from Leerin was basically just a baton being past here and there without actually mentioning the actual content itself, only to be known when we reached episode 8 and maybe 9.

What are the points from the above? Simple, the anime downplayed Leerin’s role. She’s still important to Layfon, just not as significant as she was in the novels. Other girls like Nina and Felli and maybe Mei received an equal amount of development that matches Leerin. It’s as seems like the anime wanted to make all the girls stood on equal ground rather than playing favorites.

So yes, the anime took a different route than the novels

So comparing the anime and novel is basically a moot point. They may be going to be similar in terms of overall or main storyline. But in romance? I doubt it.
Well, i think that the anime isn't different from the novels, yeah, they gave little importance to the letter of Leerin, but is you see the 1st and 4th epi, you see something of the letter when Leerin speak.
They have changed the motivation of fighting for Layfon on the 5th epi, but i think that for the others, probably is all the same.
So the romance is the same too, until the series is ongoing. If they stop it with this season and want give a sort of ending, this is another thing, but for now all is the same.
I don't know because they've changed that part, but probably with the author they thought that for that chara isn't so important, or only give more scene to Leerin for this season was useless, i don't know
Old 2009-03-16, 14:30   Link #388
Enternal

Depending on how popular the series, they might stop with one season or they might extend it. If the stop with one season, either they will pick a different girl or keep them all at the same level. If they extend the number of episodes, they might follow the novel more and pick Leerin. At least that's what I'm thinking. Or they could go crazy and choose only one season and pick Leerin. We have to continue to see.
Old 2009-03-16, 14:50   Link #389
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Well if the seires is stopped with this season, surely don't pick Leerin, but for me don't pick nothing, become a normal ending.
Lately after all this epi i started to think that the series is centered not with the main chara only, but with all the 17 Platoon's member and Zuellny. So probably Leerin will have the same importance when she come to Zuellni, but not as main heroine as someone had told, but as Key chara for the story.
Old 2009-03-16, 17:44   Link #390
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
Well if the seires is stopped with this season, surely don't pick Leerin, but for me don't pick nothing, become a normal ending.
Lately after all this epi i started to think that the series is centered not with the main chara only, but with all the 17 Platoon's member and Zuellny. So probably Leerin will have the same importance when she come to Zuellni, but not as main heroine as someone had told, but as Key chara for the story.
right, so even though the romance aspect is an interesting diversion, I also hope it doesn't become too big of a focus for the series. An open end is probably better than a poorly paired end, at least until they get the main plot over with (whatever that is). Considering each character has their own merits as a potentially promising ship, it just doesn't seem worth it to finally have a OTC at the cost of stepping on the feelings of other just as worthy characters.
Old 2009-03-17, 01:51   Link #391
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Spoiler for the novel:
Spoiler for A chapter of Novel Vol 11 brief spoiler:

Quote:
Didn't I say it before, that I don't expect a pairing from the anime at all? I will be surprised if the anime go for a pairing, since with 24~26 episodes, we will end up at... Lesse, Vol 8-9 of the novel with the current pace, since we are basically, at the moment, is in end point of Vol 3. (Either that or the beginning of vol 4-Some new characters are going to appear soon anyway like in the official site has given).

... Unless they take a poor paired ending and deviate from the canon novel relationship

In the anime, they take the "all girls are equal" type of rule, making me think that the romance is only a secondary and used for fanservice at times lol Even in Missing Mail, Layfon's monologue of his letter to Leerin have better impact to me than in the anime XD

And don't worry about Romance dominating the novel-upcoming Vol 12 will have more focus on Regios world. Preview indicates that some mysteries will be solved though if this is right, they were gonna try to leech our money with 3 boooks released simultaneously

EDIT: By the way Trueknight, the chapter that we are talking about is titled "The Impact of Childhood 01" (ザ.インパクト.オブ.チャイルドフッド01) For those who are saying childhood friend is not a great boost for relationship confirmation, am I dreaming when I see this title?

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-03-17 at 02:19.
Old 2009-03-17, 04:12   Link #392
TrueKnight

Quote:
Didn't I say it before, that I don't expect a pairing from the anime at all? I will be surprised if the anime go for a pairing, since with 24~26 episodes, we will end up at... Lesse, Vol 8-9 of the novel with the current pace, since we are basically, at the moment, is in end point of Vol 3. (Either that or the beginning of vol 4-Some new characters are going to appear soon anyway like in the official site has given).
Not sure if this even related. I argued that aside from the main or overall plot, connections between romance aspects in the anime and novel were kept at minimum for the reasons I’ve stated earlier, where it’s not as Leerin-centric like the situation mentioned in some parts of the novel.

It means the anime had somewhat taken a different route in the romance department. That’s my whole point. They could surprise us with a Nina ending, they could surprise as with a Felli ending, Leerin ending, or even Mei. Like the treatment (albeit from different aspect) they’re giving to Soul Eater and Full Metal Alchemist.

Though I’m in an agreement that pairing is unlikely to happen in the anime

Quote:
... Unless they take a poor paired ending and deviate from the canon novel relationship.
Spoiler for novel:
Old 2009-03-17, 04:14   Link #393
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for A chapter of Novel Vol 11 brief spoiler:
Spoiler for Reaction to some later spoilers:

Anyway, I also have the feeling the anime will stop early in the story and thus will end with no pairings, or could hint at a different pairing.
But to be honest, I'm against the anime following a different path than the novel (if/when the novel will resolve it of course). It's not so much about the betrayal of the original plot than about how I'll never have access to the novel, so I'd like the anime to stay close to the original story
Old 2009-03-17, 05:53   Link #394
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Not sure if this even related. I argued that aside from the main or overall plot, connections between romance aspects in the anime and novel were kept at minimum for the reasons I’ve stated earlier, where it’s not as Leerin-centric like the situation mentioned in some parts of the novel.
Actually, the only thing that I can safely say to be downplayed is Leerin's letter, which are not read in the anime for some reason that is pretty obvious. Leerin wasn't even the focus of the earlier parts of the novel, she doesn't have much of shipping hints when the chapter become Leerin centric in the earlier part (if there is anything that I could remember, it is how she feels happy when reading Layfon's letter like the anime has given us is the only shipping point... They are in far away places, so how the heck will the development happen?! ).

Remember that the anime also have Leerin centric parts too in some episodes and this will be pivotal for her role later. (I refuse to spoil it unfortunately, so to my own doubts to my translation at parts )

Quote:
It means the anime had somewhat taken a different route in the romance department. That’s my whole point. They could surprise us with a Nina ending, they could surprise as with a Felli ending, Leerin ending, or even Mei. Like the treatment (albeit from different aspect) they’re giving to Soul Eater and Full Metal Alchemist.

Though I’m in an agreement that pairing is unlikely to happen in the anime
In retrospect, the material for Regios is already sufficient enough for 26 episodes (unlike FMA which was still running when the manga should have not yet reach the part even with filler episodes, hence the non-canonical ending of the anime (alas, also non-canonical plot) and the subsquent movies), and it has been following the novel quite faithfully until now (except Leerin's letter part. Probably due to time constraint and fair importance to all girls).

Truthfully, the thoughts of the anime taking a route for romance divison is not crossing my mind at all, even if they gave filler episodes that canonically is not in the novel. For some very funny reason, the plot will be messed up especially concerning Nina, Leerin and Felli... Really.

Quote:
Spoiler for novel:
Nah, what I meant is if the anime ends at episode 26 with a pairing, it will actually deviate from the novel since in the novel, until now, there is no pairing that is defined as canon... Which is why it will really deviate from the novel relationship that should not be resolved yet. Note that I used the word 'relationship' than 'pairing' (Actually I also should have added storyline wise too )

@Eurys (or others that do want to know non-spoilerish summary of relationship in Vol 11)
Spoiler for Non-important brief, not too spoilerish to plot info about Vol 11 Light Novel:

Old 2009-03-17, 06:37   Link #395
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Some people (cough, you know who you are, you LayfonxNina supporters in a certain IRC channel) would definitely try to kill me though if I safely say that Leerin is the person who Layfon cared the most. XD
I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Carry on now.
Old 2009-03-17, 06:45   Link #396
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Carry on now.
Yeah what is she on about *whistles*
Old 2009-03-17, 06:49   Link #397
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Yes, yes you two, keep acting innocent, you evil abusers! ;_; Though you need two more certain person to complete the NinaxLayfon Crusade from there

*hides behind the aniki of IRC*

... And why do I think that you two are scheming to go for a tl;dr shortly?

Very OT: Unfortunately, I chose not to get involved with your Rideback shipping too cheesie. Shame on you for dissing my otome games, which held my dear love for eternity XD

Old 2009-03-17, 06:55   Link #398
Westlo
Lets be reality

Eh no tldr from me, everything I said on the first page is how I feel now.
Old 2009-03-17, 07:11   Link #399
TrueKnight

Quote:
Remember that the anime also have Leerin centric parts too in some episodes and this will be pivotal for her role later. (I refuse to spoil it unfortunately, so to my own doubts to my translation at parts )
Your point? I never even said that Leerin is not important, rather only downplayed from the novel. Still important but not as significant as she was originally. There are some Nina centric, Felli centric, Mei centric moments as well. Also by ‘pivotal later on’ do you mean ‘exclusively from novel perspective’ or ‘exclusively from anime perspective’ or the simplest one ‘mixed of both’?

Quote:
In retrospect, the material for Regios is already sufficient enough for 26 episodes (unlike FMA which was still running when the manga should have not yet reach the part even with filler episodes, hence the non-canonical ending of the anime (alas, also non-canonical plot) and the subsquent movies), and it has been following the novel quite faithfully until now (except Leerin's letter part. Probably due to time constraint and fair importance to all girls).
I suppose I agree with some of this parts, but still it deviates.

Quote:
Truthfully, the thoughts of the anime taking a route for romance divison is not crossing my mind at all, even if they gave filler episodes that canonically is not in the novel. For some very funny reason, the plot will be messed up especially concerning Nina, Leerin and Felli... Really.
There are some parts where the anime didn’t follow the novel and that’s enough to make different impression for a non-novel reader to interpret. Missing Mail is one example where the main story is still there but focuses more on Layfon’s relationship with Felli, and Felli is much more expressive than the novel or anime.

They even change the goat scene in episode 10 where supposedly Layfon went berserk.

So novel is novel, anime is anime.

Quote:
Nah, what I meant is if the anime ends at episode 26 with a pairing, it will actually deviate from the novel since in the novel, until now, there is no pairing that is defined as canon... Which is why it will really deviate from the novel relationship that should not be resolved yet. Note that I used the word 'relationship' than 'pairing' (Actually I also should have added storyline wise too )
Hence what I mean? Novel is novel alone and anime is anime? The anime already deviate from the novel in the first place. Probably from episode 1 to 3 it’s 100% faithfull, then from episode 3-10 the novel accuracy becomes 70-80%, which will probably decreases even further.
Old 2009-03-17, 07:16   Link #400
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
But i have no problem with that...at least there's another reason why i must read the LN(if sb translates it to english).
Maybe the anime goes on Nina X Layfon pairing(just because the Missing Mail had Felli X Fon-fon and the LN Leerin X Layfon)
Poor Meishen:P
Closed Thread