AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 23:00   Link #1261
Xacual

From the new patch notes

Hextech Gunblade

Attack Damage reduced to 40 from 60
Ability Power reduced to 70 from 75
Life Steal reduced to 15% from 20%
Spell Vamp reduced to 20% from 25% and is now UNIQUE

Can't say I was expecting that big of a nerf to gunblade.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 23:43   Link #1262
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

From what they were saying, they said that it was because the majority of players would simply just bumrush to Gunblade and think they would instantly win at that rate. Or something like that, but still, pretty big nerf which might make it undesirable...
Old 2011-10-19, 00:30   Link #1263
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
From the new patch notes

Hextech Gunblade

Attack Damage reduced to 40 from 60
Ability Power reduced to 70 from 75
Life Steal reduced to 15% from 20%
Spell Vamp reduced to 20% from 25% and is now UNIQUE

Can't say I was expecting that big of a nerf to gunblade.
Hmmm I think Will of the ancients will probably see a bit more usage now, though I still expect champs like Jax or Akali to go for the gunblade, but I don't see it being worthwhile even in 3s anymore for nidalee, while Katrina I am not sure which is best for her to build.

Also nerf to gangplank makes me a bit happy, he's on the list of champs I loathe .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 00:52   Link #1264
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
From what they were saying, they said that it was because the majority of players would simply just bumrush to Gunblade and think they would instantly win at that rate. Or something like that, but still, pretty big nerf which might make it undesirable...
When you start seeing pure AD champs building gunblades, you know there's something wrong in the world :P Imo it's a good move, gold flows much faster in dominion and people tend to shrug off the price of items, and it kinda reminds me of that time when an entire team had started stacking philo stones (back when gp5 wasn't unique) and we were all like, wtf?
Quote:
P.S. Kafriel how do you build Kat in dominion I can run just fine in normal 3s/5s, but seem not so great as her in it.
If there's stealth in enemy team (Akali/Shaco/Teemo mainly), I start out with 2x tome and boots, and then go:
1)HT Sweeper
2) Sorc boots
3) HT Revolver
4) Rylai's
5) Abyssal Scepter
6) Finish HT Gunblade
7) Deathcap
Since people rarely guard a point at full HP, survivability and utility are better than the raw damage that deathcap offers. If the enemy team has no stealth, I rush a Haunting guise and move Abyssal scepter to #3, pure damage can help chain-kill with just shunpo and blades.
Also, for Shaco/Teemo battles: use the HT sweeper's active on the seal you're trying to claim, if there's a jitb around, you can shunpo in to get the kill/capture.

EDIT: Watched Graves' spotlight, says his Q can hit the same enemy multiple times...does that mean that a fed up cho will take 6 times the damage or something, based on his hitbox?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-10-19 at 02:21.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 14:34   Link #1265
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Welp, Xerath's actually one of my main AP casters nowadays. His burst is incredibly powerful, and he's way better than people give him credit for. At the very least I'm looking at another Orianna here who was my main AP before (who wasnt immediately discovered, then became FOTM because of high elo streamers and nerfed hard, so hard that almost no one even bothers using her at the moment) When I first started using him, I relied too much on W, but that's a skill that I'm actually not bothering to learn until 13, maxing out Q and E first and doing a load of burst. I almost never lose the lane to other mids, but that also depends on if the jungler is harassing or not.

Graves seems really powerful and fun to use from what I've seen in streams so far btw, gonna try it out tomorrow when he's released on EU.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 22:26   Link #1266
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
When you start seeing pure AD champs building gunblades, you know there's something wrong in the world :P
But I like Gunblade on my Pantheon . Not because it's strong, but because it's the only AD item that give spell vamp.
Old 2011-10-20, 00:22   Link #1267
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
When I first started using him, I relied too much on W, but that's a skill that I'm actually not bothering to learn until 13, maxing out Q and E first and doing a load of burst.
While his Q range with W becomes quite insane, I'm not much of a Xerath player without Rylai's/Arc staff, and I find him to be somewhat CDR dependant, in order to be able to W-switch as much as possible and drop LIGHTNING BOLT! from all directions. Maybe it's just my playstyle though...gotta admit, 60% Mpen is pretty heavy.
Quote:
But I like Gunblade on my Pantheon . Not because it's strong, but because it's the only AD item that give spell vamp.
But why pick spell vamp on an AD? Panth's only move that deals serious magic damage is his ultimate, and because of its hit-or-miss nature and AoE, it doesn't really help much...
Old 2011-10-20, 05:08   Link #1268
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
But why pick spell vamp on an AD? Panth's only move that deals serious magic damage is his ultimate, and because of its hit-or-miss nature and AoE, it doesn't really help much...
Actually spellvamp is applied to any skill regardless of damage type except for a select few that count as "on hit"[Such as Nidalee's takedown, or Gangplank's parley which benefit from lifesteal and not spellvamp].
MAL
Old 2011-10-20, 06:14   Link #1269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sounds like something that should get fixed then :P Imo lifesteal and spellvamp should be based on damage type, i.e. physical/magical, not attack type (attack/skill). Graves too OP!
Old 2011-10-20, 07:30   Link #1270
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Sounds like something that should get fixed then :P Imo lifesteal and spellvamp should be based on damage type, i.e. physical/magical, not attack type (attack/skill). Graves too OP!
Spellvamp works as intended. It should work on all skills. People's choices shouldn't be limited just because of that.

The current Pantheon with low cooldown on every of his skill, need to be beefy instead of going for burst dmg like before so he could sustain his damage.
Old 2011-10-20, 16:14   Link #1271
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Man, if lifesteal worked with AD skills instead of spellvamp... Bloodthirster would be so OP. Gives AD casters damage to boost their skills AND autoattacks, and gives hp return on both. Plus it's stackable! Absolutely ridiculous.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 21:26   Link #1272
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

they should've made this graves death animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EvPvfVOUV8
Old 2011-10-22, 22:22   Link #1273
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Just fast-forward it to 2-3 seconds of death and that's perfect
Old 2011-10-24, 00:07   Link #1274
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So since I hit 30 I've been playing normal draft 5s mostly if I solo queue kinda of noticed people at my elo always seem to ban Amumu at least 80% of the time, but I can't figure out why, I mean his ult is strong, but doesn't seem ban worthy otherwise and as Leona I've managed to beat out majority of Amumu I run into better than I can handle most other tanks, I can't understand why he's more ban worthy than some other tanks for example Alistar, rammus, singed, or chogath those 4 to me in matches have generally proven to be better tanks him. [I can understand the other common bans akali, singed, jax, morgana, or gangplank, but I don't get amumu bans ]

Also I love the Bewitching Nidalee skin, the cat form is especially awesome .

I am considering claiming the ingame name same as my AS handle[my account name is but not summoner name] once riot allows people to claim registered but never played names, since the person with it has no match history or exp.
MAL
Old 2011-10-24, 07:34   Link #1275
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Amumu is possibly the best jungler that I'm aware of. As well as a crucial aspect in team fights with his ult eventually leading to your entire team getting nuked. I also remember watching a good amount of tournament videos where Amumu was the very decisive figure in a match
Old 2011-10-24, 09:22   Link #1276
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Amumu's ultimate can indeed tip the scales of a 5v5 clash to your team's favour......if the opponent team lacks an AoE knockback counter / fails to buy QSS. The moment I see Amumu being picked, I'm going to be picking Janna or Gragas. In the worst case scenario, QSS solves the problem.

Amumu has decent ganks but his early game jungling is fairly open to being countered hard (by the top tier junglers such as Lee Sin, Udyr, etc.). Amumu is a good pick in Blind Pick or against lesser-experienced players in draft but any decently smart / cooperative team would be picking Janna / Gragas to render him nearly useless (in team fights). Throw in a good jungler like Udyr who can easily invade the jungle into the fray and Amumu will be a sad mummy indeed. =(
Old 2011-10-24, 09:38   Link #1277
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Amumu is a good pick in Blind Pick or against lesser-experienced players in draft but any decently smart / cooperative team would be picking Janna / Gragas to render him nearly useless (in team fights). Throw in a good jungler like Udyr who can easily invade the jungle into the fray and Amumu will be a sad mummy indeed. =(
This, pretty much. Amumu NEEDS jungle, and anyone smart enough will try and ruin his game. Other tanks can fare better in a lane, due to taunts, long-range CC or simply higher resilience. That being said, even after aaaall this time, I still put my faith in Galio, just feels safe.
In other news, bought Karthus after his reduction, very inclined to use him in Dominion to be the most annoying presence around...any particular build tips besides Arc staff x5 + Rabadon's deathcap?
Old 2011-10-24, 16:02   Link #1278
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
This, pretty much. Amumu NEEDS jungle, and anyone smart enough will try and ruin his game. Other tanks can fare better in a lane, due to taunts, long-range CC or simply higher resilience. That being said, even after aaaall this time, I still put my faith in Galio, just feels safe.
I definitely agree compared to most tanks I generally have a very easy time laning against him as Leona and depending who I am with usually killing him early sometimes for first blood even compared to Chogath or Alistar who you can almost never kill in lane unless your jungler helps out, and in the jungle he's really easy for anyone to gank while he's getting blue really .
MAL
Old 2011-10-24, 16:04   Link #1279
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Imo Amumu's true power comes from his presence. Despair is one of the strongest auras you can possess, and his passive complements it well. Add his ult, a close-in and a skill that benefits from being hit, he sure knows his tank stuff! It's one of those champions that you don't want around but can't really focus.
Old 2011-10-24, 16:11   Link #1280
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well that's why smart people "cover" their jungler. Teamplay . And there are cv & ward to prevent the counter jungle. Be aware that your counter jungle will be safe cuz you can end up feeding instead and lose times.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol