Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-02-20, 11:21   Link #21
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar
Well, when I was in school my first major was accounting but after one semester I changed it because the subject was so mind numbingly boring that I slept in every class. The girl next to me did the same thing. Ironically we both got A's.
you guys slept together in class? I would give anyone an A who was so daring and had no shame, he probally taped you guys too for his sexual relations class.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 11:25   Link #22
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
you guys slept together in class? I would give anyone an A who was so daring and had no shame, he probally taped you guys too for his sexual relations class.
I am teh rebel.
I just knew somebody was going to make that inference too.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 11:35   Link #23
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar
I am teh rebel.
I just knew somebody was going to make that inference too.
well... you figure 90% of the people on here are just registered for anko hentai... and yeah. (p3psi just has a higher post count than the rest)
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 11:53   Link #24
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

WOW! I've been reading this thread and I think its funny how most of you think some classes are boring. I'm a teacher and I get bored teaching the same lesson everyday! Just think I see 6 different grade levels each day. For example: 5th grade, I teach the same lesson Mon - Fri. (To a different 5th grade class each day.) 3 days out the week I have two 2nd grade classes and two kindergarten classes! *sigh*

You can tell when I'm really bored. LOL! I'm usually posting on AS! oops!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 12:04   Link #25
p3psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
WOW! I've been reading this thread and I think its funny how most of you think some classes are boring. I'm a teacher and I get bored teaching the same lesson everyday! Just think I see 6 different grade levels each day. For example: 5th grade, I teach the same lesson Mon - Fri. (To a different 5th grade class each day.) 3 days out the week I have two 2nd grade classes and two kindergarten classes! *sigh*

wow! im surprised you havent died of pneumonia yet, especially kiddy garden, i heard thats where the ebola virus originated from.

edit: oh, yeah hobo, thats not fair to say cuz uglypigs stopped posting here when the boards reset, and im i was looking for the 3rd hokage hentai, not anko, thank you very much :fingers:
Old 2004-02-20, 12:56   Link #26
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie

^-^ Well, I think a good part of how interesting a class is has to do with the teacher. If the teacher likes the topics they're teaching, it's going to be interesting!! ^^;; Specially if they don't teach them in the conventional way. If you teach the lessons in different ways maybe you'll have more fun.. Some teachers I've had were like this, and they never seemed bored! I normally hate history but I've had a really great history class because the teacher really liked what he was teaching.. He made a lot of jokes, and there was discussions in class and other fun stuff. It wasn't just a boring lecture. ^-^ If you do this, I think the kids will love you [ even more. ^^; I bet they already love you.. I mean, a teacher who likes anime... ]
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 13:30   Link #27
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Thanks Kurara

I don't get bored all the time. Just when I give a assignment for them. Believe me, I'm probably the dorkest teacher in the school!
Old 2004-02-20, 14:17   Link #28
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Humm... Didn't know you were a teacher Cammie, what subjects do you teach? I plan on teaching for a little while once I become a graduate student(teach while I attend graduate school).

Most boring class o_O? Well, being the only asian guy I know that got a higher verbal score than math in the SATS, I found the summer session classes of Calculus 2 the worst. I stabbed myself with my pen to stay awake a few time... but in a class that lasts 4 hours in a classroom with 40 people with the room temp at a nice cool... 95 degrees F... it's hard. Actually, if I died and went to hell, that'd be the place.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 16:41   Link #29
p3psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Humm... Didn't know you were a teacher Cammie, what subjects do you teach? I plan on teaching for a little while once I become a graduate student(teach while I attend graduate school).

Most boring class o_O? Well, being the only asian guy I know that got a higher verbal score than math in the SATS, I found the summer session classes of Calculus 2 the worst. I stabbed myself with my pen to stay awake a few time... but in a class that lasts 4 hours in a classroom with 40 people with the room temp at a nice cool... 95 degrees F... it's hard. Actually, if I died and went to hell, that'd be the place.
WTF??!?!? am i posting under the name slade when im in my insomniac mode like tyler durden? this is too freaky.well except for the teaching part, i plan on making soap from human fat in my basement instead of teaching snot nosed kids.
Old 2004-02-21, 08:01   Link #30
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

Theoretical Chemistry. All my other high level chemistry courses I can immediately say what useful areas they investigate - biophysical you got right into dna and protein structure and folding/interaction, orgo ii - nomenclature is done so you memorized dozens of reaction types and all the ways functional groups and other structural oddities come into play in affecting each, biochemistry - all the hideous mathematical models and experiments for enzyme action, etc.

But Theoretical chemistry is well, theoretical and doesn't connect much at all. It's basically all statistics and quantum mechanics and none if it makes sense most of the time (ie. as many exceptions as rules when you get to specifics T.T). It didn't help that the class was once a week, ~3 hours each, and late at night either. Oo People were literally all glassy eyed at the end of each class...

>I agree with Dopeskills, teachers that just read straight from the book or slides is just hell.

I actually prefer those teachers because I read the text at beginning of the semester anyway and can then safely ignore them and read whatever I want in class. It's like a free study period, but you have a full scale professor to ask questions of if you encounter something tough in your reading (one good thing about theoretical chemistry, it's difficult enough you need a real prof for it and not a ta or adjunct ^^) - if it's not a prof it's very likely you can get away with just skipping. IMO it's when you have a boring subject, that doesn't apply to anything useful to you, and the prof doesn't follow the book that things get really mind numbing...
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 09:36   Link #31
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Hmm, I honestly can't think of any of my classes that are really boring.

Social wasn't too bad because I had a good teacher. English, I hated the teacher. He probably hated me. He probably thought I was pretty dumb. Especially when I handed in that lord of the flies essay that had nothing to do with Lord of the flies.

My networking class was probably the most boring. It was kinda funny though, I could get better marks then everyone else without even reading the chapters ^_^

This semester isn't too bad though. I really like my physics teacher! Right now it's one of my favourite classes! lol I feel really geeky now.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 18:20   Link #32
Mcdonalds

Hahaha, for me Maths is the most boring subject ever. Doing A-levels in england and last year it was hell, but this year its even worse. I do not find the subject particularly hard and i just find it boring in general. The lesson plans are queer as well, notes throughout lesson, about 10 mins to do 2 questions and then the rest of the exercise for hwk which takes about an hour - 2 hours. The worst thing about this class for me is that all my friends who did it last year dropped out for this year, so i have to sit on my own for the whole lesson nearly every day and theres one particular boy who is loud and annoying and thinks he is funny which pisses me off.

Anyway, enough whining, Cammie did you say you find teaching boring? Maybe its because i'm a student helper and i only teach a bottom set maths class (ironic isn't it) once a week but i find it very satisfying and enjoyable to teach them. Maybe its because i interact better with them because they don't see me as a teacher.
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 18:39   Link #33
jayj713

most boring eh? ummm
math, english, world history, spanish 2

computer programming would be boring but i just play counter-strike during class lol.
jayj713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 19:13   Link #34
Cz
Needs more sleep~

A matter of opinion it is. On the person's interests it depends. The most boring class philosophy is. Skipped the class always I did.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 19:17   Link #35
Kerensky18
?Sleep?

Send a message via MSN to Kerensky18
Gahh the most boring class that I have had in a while is my college astronomey class. We meet only twice a week so the class is 3 hours long. And all my teacher dose is talk three hours straight.... I think I feel asleep last time but I cant remember to well because my brain hurted to much... sigh...
Kerensky18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 20:09   Link #36
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Got for it! Its true what everyone says " Its very rewarding!" not matter what age level you want to teach! Good Luck!!

EDIT: btw... I'm a computer teacher! My students are learning the OSX (MAC)

Last edited by Cammie; 2004-02-23 at 00:41.
Old 2004-02-22, 21:07   Link #37
Umbrae
Generic Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
well... you figure 90% of the people on here are just registered for anko hentai... and yeah. (p3psi just has a higher post count than the rest)
Wait thier is Anko Hentai here? oo where??

Class I hated the most . . . American history. Much to short for a full years class. here we were founded. war, war, depression, war, war, war, now. thier is the first week, the rest is memorizing names of people no one even cares about the rest of your life.

Favorit class. . . creative writing? drama. World history (yes I love history, but america hardly has a history. most of our major events still have people living that remember it. that hardly qualifies as history)
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 01:14   Link #38
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
My only interesting course right now is Women's Studies because i get to piss off all the girls during discussion time with my anti-feminism comments.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 01:16   Link #39
EliteJounin

English is boring to me only because my teacher is the dumbest there is. She's so pathetic. I hate her.
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 01:31   Link #40
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
at high school, Accounting, can't manage to finish the assignments even by copying others'

last semester, intermediate calculus, can't understand what the teacher said even when concentrating, usually ends up reading manga in class with some friends :P
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote