AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-08-18, 13:59   Link #1
guess

Windows starts/shuts down really slow

I am running on Windows Vista. The time between BIOS finished to the time Vista starts (you see "Microsoft Corporation" on the screen) takes about 3-4 minutes. It used to be like 2 seconds. Now the time to shut down is slow, too. Starting the time you see green screen "shutting down" to the time that screen disappears is a lot slower now. How do I fix this problem?

This first happened after I did windows update. I didn't know what happened and was annoyed so I just turned it off. After that, windows starts as "windows was stop inappropriate, launch normally” or have it repaired. I chose the repair, which finds the files that cause the inappropriate shut down (or were they damaged?) and delete them. After that it was OK. Then I did this windows update again last night then this, the very slow start and shut down, happened again.

I ran AVG to check on virus and spyware, all negative.

I am this close to just turn it off, cause inappropriate shut down deliberately, and have it delete those files that are causing start process slow. Should I?
Old 2007-08-18, 14:56   Link #2
Gundam Master

Send a message via AIM to Gundam Master
Did you install any new programs around that time. Some of the programs might cause windows to slow down.
Gundam Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 14:59   Link #3
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I am running on Windows Vista. The time between BIOS finished to the time Vista starts (you see "Microsoft Corporation" on the screen) takes about 3-4 minutes. It used to be like 2 seconds. Now the time to shut down is slow, too. Starting the time you see green screen "shutting down" to the time that screen disappears is a lot slower now. How do I fix this problem?

This first happened after I did windows update. I didn't know what happened and was annoyed so I just turned it off. After that, windows starts as "windows was stop inappropriate, launch normally” or have it repaired. I chose the repair, which finds the files that cause the inappropriate shut down (or were they damaged?) and delete them. After that it was OK. Then I did this windows update again last night then this, the very slow start and shut down, happened again.

I ran AVG to check on virus and spyware, all negative.

I am this close to just turn it off, cause inappropriate shut down deliberately, and have it delete those files that are causing start process slow. Should I?
I have had this problem with Vista too. I use Windows XP most of the time and Vista to just play around with it. Recently, I tried booting into Vista only to find that it would take forever. So, I would restart and get the same screen as you got and proceeded to correct the problem with "Repair." After the Repair, it worked perfectly.

After doing some research, it seems this problem is wide spread. It usually happens after updates and people correct the problem with Repair. I wonder if it something wrong with the Windows' Core?
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 16:18   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It might be a consequence of the issues discussed in this thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=50863
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 17:02   Link #5
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It might be a consequence of the issues discussed in this thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=50863
It does look like a .NET core program issue with Windows. This might be a possibility of the reason why there is a problem.
Old 2007-08-18, 18:06   Link #6
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
And you actually paid for Vista to get this shitty support?

I say go and burn a hole in an operator's ear.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 18:08   Link #7
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
And you actually paid for Vista to get this shitty support?

I say go and burn a hole in an operator's ear.
This is pretty typical for MS Support. :/