AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-08-18, 12:20   Link #21
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Okay, i'm afraid to read what the spoiler is. I hope it's not what i think it is.
Old 2010-08-18, 12:25   Link #22
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

I think that if you look at the tags it becomes pretty obvious.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 18:19   Link #23
Kakkou
Tch.

Rofl, that was unexpected, that trolling. I found the comments even equally hilarious from where I watched it.
Spoiler for ending and wwwwwww:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 18:26   Link #24
yurifanboy

i am staying the fuck away from this. I should have known sobre esta mierda. Let me enter and leave this thread with an image macro I created for the /u/ thread on this "yuri" anime, which sums up many "yuri" anime.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 21:06   Link #25
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

But you have to admit, that was some damn good trolling.

Anyway, if it make you guys feel any better, it's extremely likely this will have a Kiiko x Aya end and this was used as a shitty plot device to add some DRAMA. Personally I find the idea of an Aya end fucking disgusting now.
Old 2010-08-18, 22:21   Link #26
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post

Anyway, if it make you guys feel any better, it's extremely likely this will have a Kiiko x Aya end and this was used as a shitty plot device to add some DRAMA. Personally I find the idea of an Aya end fucking disgusting now.
They could at least have had another girl involved or a sister but no, always having to pander to the male demographic or something like that. I am a yuri purist, I don't like any interference from the male sex of any kind. With the exception of anime like saki, where the one guy is a complete tool and is nothing more than clown who is ridiculed.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 22:45   Link #27
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
They could at least have had another girl involved or a sister but no, always having to pander to the male demographic or something like that. I am a yuri purist, I don't like any interference from the male sex of any kind. With the exception of anime like saki, where the one guy is a complete tool and is nothing more than clown who is ridiculed.
That's exactly why it couldn't have been a girl, most people don't rage at that, only find it hot. It's the reason why yuri NTR doesn't exist.

I find this mentality even more disturbing than the Otakus who made a shitstorm after the Kannagi incident, so this trolling was delicious for me, even as someone who loves yuri.
Old 2010-08-19, 02:50   Link #28
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post

Hear hear. I was surprised at how damn shallow the writing for this turned out to be. They'll just make up, shag and live happily ever after... unless they troll and the 3P comments from the viewers end up becoming true.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 23:58   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I really enjoyed almost all of this. Such simple drawing and writing, but it still worked great. The mood and pacing really worked. And now that I know there are two episodes, I feel somewhat better.
Spoiler for ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 08:06   Link #30
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
i am staying the fuck away from this. I should have known sobre esta mierda. Let me enter and leave this thread with an image macro I created for the /u/ thread on this "yuri" anime, which sums up many "yuri" anime.
Spoiler for text on image:
Old 2010-08-21, 05:04   Link #31
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I really enjoyed almost all of this. Such simple drawing and writing, but it still worked great. The mood and pacing really worked.
Yeah, it's no Hoshi no Koe but after a couple of watches I think it was worth queuing up in the heat of Natsukomi for (and the Primastea staff were very nice, too). The simplicity of it all - story, visuals, music - is actually quite deceptive IMO. The character design gallery on the DVD shows that Ishikawa has been working on this since at least 2005, so unlike some posters in this thread I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about his intent.

Quote:
And now that I know there are two episodes, I feel somewhat better.
It's just a pity we have to wait until this time next year for the second one.

Spoiler for The script giveth and the script taketh away:
Old 2010-08-21, 21:35   Link #32
molitar

wow.. talk about pushing the limit.. Not just Yuri but incest also. I was not expecting that at all... that was quite the twist.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 22:16   Link #33
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

(╬ ಠ益ಠ) RAGE

Episode 2 where >_>
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 07:08   Link #34
Seiryuu

There had BETTER be a second OVA coming. If they don't do it or can't for financial reasons, people will be mad.
Spoiler for it's been mentioned but still:

BTW, who's Aya's seiyuu and what work has she done in the past? ANN doesn't have much info and she sound vaguely familiar...

One other thing, shouldn't this be in Current Series now? It's not an upcoming series anymore, and it's even been fansubbed.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 07:14   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2010-08-22, 07:20   Link #36
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
A wild Onii-chan appears! It uses Shatter Fanboi Expectations! It's super-effective!
Fanboys? Well they had all the reasons to expect a romantic-yuri OVA since that's how the piece has been advertise. I won't call them "Fanboys", but in this case yuri fan, who from time to time should have the right to enjoy a fluffy/sexy yuri episode without cheap drama to ruin everything. The genre is so under-developped that of course we had high expectations for Kuttsukiboshi. But we should have known better right?

As for those who bought the dvd, it was pure deception : if I want to buy something sweet, get mislead by the advdertising and finally discover at home that my cake is actually very bitter, shouldn't have the right to complain and point out at the dishonest advertising and be angry at the company behind all that? I think I should.

Quote:
Yeah, it's no Hoshi no Koe but after a couple of watches I think it was worth queuing up in the heat of Natsukomi for (and the Primastea staff were very nice, too).
Could you name any booth/stand were the staff wasn't? But certainly, the fact that they had so few customers, I didn't have to wait ti have my copy, certainly gave them some time to tread with special care any potential buyer.

Quote:
The simplicity of it all - story, visuals, music - is actually quite deceptive IMO. The character design gallery on the DVD shows that Ishikawa has been working on this since at least 2005, so unlike some posters in this thread I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about his intent.
He said on his twitter account that the ending (incest) wasn't his idea and that it was forced on him. Not that he really seemed to care much from the tone of his twit. For someone who presumably worked for 5 years on this project, he seems rather detached, which in return doesn't lead me to admire him all that much (if at all).

tl;dr : Primastea is a giant troll.
Old 2010-08-22, 08:04   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
BTW, who's Aya's seiyuu and what work has she done in the past? ANN doesn't have much info and she sound vaguely familiar...

One other thing, shouldn't this be in Current Series now? It's not an upcoming series anymore, and it's even been fansubbed.
From what I can tell, this is her first anime role. At least this is what her page on Holy Peak tells us. She's had a role in a video game, Monster farm Lagoon; and she apparently participated in a Seitokai no Ichizon event (she was the host, I think?).
Old 2010-08-22, 13:10   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
From what I can tell, this is her first anime role. At least this is what her page on Holy Peak tells us. She's had a role in a video game, Monster farm Lagoon; and she apparently participated in a Seitokai no Ichizon event (she was the host, I think?).
That's all I can find, too. Definitely said to be the host at the SeiZon event (MC=master of ceremonies=host).

At Comiket, where they sold the OVA, she was there as the main salesgirl. Nice review here, has great praise for the episode direction. Isshiki Miku's Holy Peak site has a photo. She is the left-hand photo. Imai Asami (Kiiko) on the right:

[

One Japanese blogger said that when he got Isshiki-san to sign his copy, he told her that he was asked by a friend to get one, but when he heard so many positive reviews, he bought one for himself, and she seemed particularly happy and very cute. Here's her signature:

There is another good review with some pics of the interesting packaging and extras that came with the DVD. By the way, at Y1500, the DVD is extremely inexpensive, by Japanese standards. Although I think the leaflet of drawings that came with it at Comiket was special for that event.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 13:36   Link #39
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Ir's weird that both Kiiko and Aya are naked during the swimming pool scene when I watched the anime.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 17:45   Link #40
Seiryuu

I wonder...
Spoiler:

BTW, of course they're both naked. They'd basically spent the entire day doing naughty stuff with each other, and it wouldn't be as fun for either if only one was skinny-dipping while they made out.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c78, incest, oav, yuri