Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 07:42   Link #81
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPenguin View Post
Trailer with actual animation popped up today http://www.samumenco.com/movie/trailer_01.html .
I really find it weird why all of the SF promotionnal videos each have 15-30 seconds of footage, maybe either the first episode will suffer terrible production schedule, or a major twist to happen in the story early on or both.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 09:14   Link #82
Woun
Banned

Trailer on youtube:
Woun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:50   Link #83
RollingPenguin

Quote:
I really find it weird why all of the SF promotionnal videos each have 15-30 seconds of footage, maybe either the first episode will suffer terrible production schedule, or a major twist to happen in the story early on or both.
First episode was screened on September 28 meaning that even if the episode was unfinished by then,they could certainly take 15 second from it.You take in the fact that we really dont know that much about the plot and everything really makes me think that there is some twist early on.
RollingPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 14:12   Link #84
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 14:21   Link #85
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

A solid, fun episode. Liking the chemistry between Goto and Masayoshi
Old 2013-10-10, 14:34   Link #86
Horse

This was kind of painful to watch - maybe it was the point but that's not for me. Certainly did not get any comedy from it.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 14:57   Link #87
MartianMage

So I read somewhere that this is a superhero anime so I went in expecting that and well... ep1 was pretty much different from what I expected.

I wonder if this is just the makings of a real superhero or it's gonna be like that for the rest of the show.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 15:15   Link #88
Blaat

You know how some comic book fanboys like to argue which superhero is realistic? Well we now truly have a realistic superhero and it doesn't really work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I wonder if this is just the makings of a real superhero or it's gonna be like that for the rest of the show.
I'm hoping for the latter with him getting a break in television (acting out his super hero desire) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the former.
Old 2013-10-10, 15:31   Link #89
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I guess people already forgetting what noitaminA anime used to looked from the complain that this show had, one comment even saying the same old "RIP noitaminA" regarding this show.

Now that post totally looked silly to me, because this show have spirit that "old" noitaminA used to have.. This kind of show that made many of us saying "Man.. I miss the old noitaminA" when this channel producing more otaku-directed show, instead show that feel more like TV Show than anime, but that what make it unique experience.. Like old noitaminA have, like this show have.

Its not the greatest premiere, but mannnnnnnnn... this is noitaminA show that I used to love! The old noitaminA.
Old 2013-10-10, 15:50   Link #90
kuromitsu

This was pretty much what I expected, and I'm very happy for that! This episode had just the right balance of fun and d'awww, and I already love Masayoshi (that speech was GREAT, and any doubts I had about his seiyuu have evaporated). As someone above mentioned, it really felt like a live action TV show, which is usually good as far as I'm concerned.

And Seki Tomokazu as Harakiri Sunshine (!!! XDD), awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
I guess people already forgetting what noitaminA anime used to looked from the complain that this show had, one comment even saying the same old "RIP noitaminA" regarding this show.
Seriously. People have a tendency to forget that noitaminA was originally targeted at non-otaku (especially adult female viewers, hence Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Hataraki Man, Juuousei, Nodame Cantabile...).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 17:39   Link #91
Kirarakim

I know this show is trying to channel Tiger & Bunny a bit but I don't care I really enjoyed it & its different enough to not be the same thing.

I am definitely going to look forward to the friendship that forms between the two main characters.
Old 2013-10-10, 17:50   Link #92
mistress_kisara

Omg that was funny, I hope they keep up with the comedy
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:52   Link #93
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

That was quite fun, and the character dynamics are really rather enjoyable. I really worry for SF-kun's future, he just so... earnest. You can't help but want to support him, even if he has no common sense. Thankfully, Goto has plenty of that.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 20:04   Link #94
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Hahaha what did I just watch? When 'Samurai Flamenco' appeared, the first phrase that popped up into my mind was 'adult chuunibyou.'

Masayoshi and Goto make a good team. I like the fact that their jobs are similar in nature, as both of them are helping the city in their own ways (Goto as a policeman, and Masayoshi as a flashy masked vigilante).
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:16   Link #95
SinsI

Somehow I felt strong Gintama vibes from first episode...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:30   Link #96
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

If anything is was more of a serious down to earth Kick Ass then anything. It's about people that see superhero stuff so they go out and try it, only to get their ass kicked because that's not how reality works
Old 2013-10-10, 22:31   Link #97
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I came here not knowing what to expect, what I got was awkard, but in a good way, if that makes any sense LIke, what's happening gets you but didn't expect it to get you, so you feel uncomfortable at first.

Anyway, right off the bat you can tell the characters will be the soul of the series. Masayoshi and Goto click so well it's amazing, already looking forward to what the rest of the cast brings to the table. And yes, it's impossible to not root for this hero.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:33   Link #98
erika4dsl

Lol everytime the police man talked all I could think about was Gintoki.

I can easily get into talking about (what I perceive to be) flaws in his ideology and approach, but I do admire his passion for wanting to see a better world and actually be active about changing things. I did cringe when he was in his superhero outfit lol, but people like him make the world funnier and more interesting so I'm not complaining.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:36   Link #99
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Do the characters at all remind you of K for some reason?
Old 2013-10-11, 00:07   Link #100
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The level of chuu2 radiating from this is..I feel like I'm watching the flip side of NHK ni Youkoso

Tags
action, noitamina