AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 10:14   Link #18881
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, go ahead, I'm just listening while continuing gospel battle XD

@Demi

How large do you think Laura's default railgun in caliber? seems to be around .80 in canon but not sure if that fits.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:17   Link #18882
Eratas123

@ Senpai - You've been working on that Gospel battle for weeks now.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:20   Link #18883
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, it's not like I sit in front of computer and writing fic all the time like before
Old 2012-01-21, 10:24   Link #18884
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Didn't you give Blitz a draft weeks ago? Isn't it finished?
Old 2012-01-21, 10:25   Link #18885
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope, Blitz haven't contact me, if he finished, he would post it here and send me e-mail.

This means I'm not the only one who's busy.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:29   Link #18886
Eratas123

It's just spelling, isn't it? Want me to do it?
Old 2012-01-21, 10:33   Link #18887
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: To Tatenashi's sexual predator eyes.s

@zero: I think it was referred to as .88 caliber railgun... though I'm not sure if that's feet or inches... O.o

EDIT: I'll build up on gospel, but I don't think I can write that out for some reason...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 10:37   Link #18888
Eratas123

@ Demi - If it's eyes, shouldn't Kanzashi have them as well? They have the same eye color.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:40   Link #18889
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: it's not a genetic thing. I feel like Tatenashi just has that look where she stares at you and you feel like she's a cat and you're a mouse and she's about to pounce and I'm using way too many and's. Anyway, I imagine somehow this "passive skill" of hers was also passed down to her children .
Old 2012-01-21, 10:44   Link #18890
Eratas123

Should I make Kanzashi's kid male or female? It'll add to the incestous implications if he's male

Side note - Most of the people who are friends tend to be total opposites
Old 2012-01-21, 10:45   Link #18891
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras

No, Blitz also do 2/3 of chapter 12, I only had unfinished draft. And really, I better to wait for him to finish it. He is my co-writer after all and I have to respect him

@ Demi

Checked the wiki and it's really .80 caliber (i changed it to .88 in my story)

But strange, the expansion pack only adds one more .80 caliber railgun. I don't see why they bother to put four piece of shield, that does not protect attack from upper glacis, considering how easily she fired single gun (in a swiveling mount mind you) recoil from two should be no problem. These shield weights like crazy, so much that SR become a turtle.

So I change it that two 1.44 inch heavy cannon mounted on SR's shoulder in place of cable launcher. Noticeably much more powerful but slow firing compared to standard .88 inch railgun. The four cannon can fire consecutively, with total rate of fire close to 180 round per minutes (60 rpm for rail guns and 20 rpm for Artillery)
Old 2012-01-21, 10:46   Link #18892
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: can't you make them fraternal twins? D: the implied comic situations for both are too golden

@zero: This makes Schwazer Regen sound like a vierling turret. Anyway, the main point of those four shields wasn't actually for defense, well maybe they were. But they also acted as weights to counter balance against the recoil. Normally firing those railguns would send Laura flying, even in normal config, I remembered Regen had to bunker down before it could fire though I may have to rewatch the series to remember properly.

The reason it could shoot so easily in the gospel arc really is because the shields were weighing her down. 180 rpm even for a cycling vierling railgun sounds way too fast. railguns aren't rapid fire small arms, they are heavy artillery @_@.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:50   Link #18893
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Alright Have you gotten close to finishing your reports?

@ Demi - Fraternal twins? Possible, but what personalities would they have? I planned to give the kid a version of Kanzashi's character, but I can't make them both quiet manga lovers......Then again, I can make Kanzashi Jr (Female) a yaoi fangirl.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:55   Link #18894
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: mischievous girl and straight laced boy. Make him get along with Kazuma! The girl takes after her mother but more mean-ish. The boy is always trying to keep her in line. She counters by making it seem like they are in an incestuous relationship. D:

@zero: It was implied that Schwarzer Regen's artillery settings were made so that she could instantly purge the cannons and close-in when needed. Since you took off the cable launchers can I assume she's now completely set for ranged combat?
Old 2012-01-21, 10:59   Link #18895
Eratas123

You are aware that these kids range from 7-12 years old, right? I can excuse the yaoi fangirlism as not seeing the sexual implications of Yaoi, but that goes out the window when the female does things that are blatantly sexual in nature.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:59   Link #18896
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No demi, I was miscalculating it. Teh total RoF is 200 rpm.

2x80 + 2x20 = 200. So each railgun has 80 rpm continuous rate of fire (based on anime depiction, 4 shot in 3 second) while the artillery cannon fired each three second, so, the shield not only weights like crazy but also has recoil bracers, allowing SR to fire it's weapon at full auto.

And yes, it wasn't only the cannons that must be purged, but also the shield. So, when purging the packet, SR only had a pair of beam saber and AIC.

@ Eras
I went directly for exam.... as I said, this month is absolute nuts. I already lose 1.5 kg out of my body!
Old 2012-01-21, 11:05   Link #18897
Eratas123

@ Senpai _ Hopefully I can update Shadow this month I'm afraid of people seeing it as a Michael Bay ripoff.
Old 2012-01-21, 11:09   Link #18898
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: That's why more mean-ish. The way she does things is less sexual and more... let's just say you don't want her to be near toolboxes and random odds and ends while she's bored. She doesn't really do anything sexual but she keeps saying easily misinterpretable things like "But... onii-chan was playing with me all night long."*blush* "I was running away from that strange woman. Even though I said no, she wouldn't stop touching me." etc

@zero: You may want to consider stating rpm for each gun individually I guess it makes sense since it's not 4 rail guns but 2 rail guns and another 2 heavy cannons.

Whoever is piloting that unit just lost their only mid-ranged weapon D: That's either an ace or has some seriously good team mates
Old 2012-01-21, 11:14   Link #18899
Eratas123

So we've got 4 males so far Two are pretty wimpy and girly (Shouta and Charles) while the other two are deadpan and more mature (Kazuma and Saito). Yuu was supposed to be a girl.....till Ichika pulled down "his" pants and saw the underwear "he" was wearing.

Side note - Honne's kid is gonna be a bunch of lolz. She's gonna have to take orders from both Sarashiki jrs Both are bad in their own way.
Old 2012-01-21, 11:17   Link #18900
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Which one is Saito?

Honne's kid wouldn't mind. Well I imagine she wouldn't, either that or she faints in confusion from all the simultaneous commands.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest