AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-12-11, 15:12   Link #26561
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I'll handle the editing once Nagumo's done the TLs.
Old 2010-12-11, 15:13   Link #26562
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Whoah! that was fast! thanks again for your work Nagumo xD!

This is probably a repost but i find it cute:

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 17:59   Link #26563
aers
*Fansubber

You guys do realize leoheart doesn't like people linking to his blog, right?

In fact it says on the page in English "Please don't link here without permission."

<_>
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 22:14   Link #26564
Kagayaki

Hmm. Edited the original post, but I can't edit other people's quotes. I never read blog sidebars, which I guess explains why I missed the notice. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is, especially when he's still listed on google (that's how I found his site). A search for "leoheart 家族の肖像" gives that fc2.com domain as the first result, pixiv (which also has a copy) and a nanohas.com domain further down which has a copy of the same blog post, except without the "Non-Free Link" notice in the sidebar. So is it ok to link to the nanohas domain? I'm confused

[Mod edit: I've removed the blog links in the quotes]

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-12-12 at 01:28.
Kagayaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 22:51   Link #26565
aers
*Fansubber

I think he just doesn't want his blog taken down from copyright issues because he posts pretty extensive previews of a lot of the manga chapters.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 23:26   Link #26566
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Editing is done:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KK3FTMH

I took a few liberties here or there, changing the wording a bit to what I felt sounded better. It's nice getting doujinshi like this once in awhile. Most of the pages didn't have many word bubbles, and the bubbles are quite spacious so I didn't need to try to cram any super small text in there. That said, the last page was pretty awful.

All in all, it was a nice doujinshi, though I could have done without the yuri subtext that seems almost obligatory in all Nanoha fan works To me, pairing Hayate with Reinforce presents the same problem as pairing Hayate with any of the Wolkenritter: it just feels wrong. Like pairing Nanoha with Momoko or Fate with Lindy...

Anyways, enjoy.
Old 2010-12-11, 23:52   Link #26567
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
<3 agito and signum, that was so cute ^^

ah well, fandom tries everything. Being well done is what should be important, first.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 00:09   Link #26568
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Subtext? I'm pretty sure the 'red rice' thing was reserved for when things became text . At least, Shamal believes so
Old 2010-12-12, 00:55   Link #26569
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Hey, Hayate/Reinforce is canon, since they did have a child together. ;p
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 02:01   Link #26570
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Wah, good doujin...
Old 2010-12-12, 05:46   Link #26571
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
All in all, it was a nice doujinshi, though I could have done without the yuri subtext that seems almost obligatory in all Nanoha fan works To me, pairing Hayate with Reinforce presents the same problem as pairing Hayate with any of the Wolkenritter: it just feels wrong. Like pairing Nanoha with Momoko or Fate with Lindy...
Actually, Hayate/Eins is a lot more appropriate than Hayate/any of the Wolkies, because if you look at it pragmatically, the Wolkies are creations of the Book of Darkness, i.e. Reinforce's children. By adopting them, Hayate has attained familial status equal to that of Eins. Add to this the fact of Rein Zwei's "birth" and you get a pretty clear picture that the relationship between Hayate and Eins is not a parent-child like with with the Wolkies but that of equal partners, if not outright couple.
Old 2010-12-12, 06:41   Link #26572
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Hmm. Edited the original post, but I can't edit other people's quotes. I never read blog sidebars, which I guess explains why I missed the notice. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is, especially when he's still listed on google (that's how I found his site). A search for "leoheart 家族の肖像" gives that fc2.com domain as the first result, pixiv (which also has a copy) and a nanohas.com domain further down which has a copy of the same blog post, except without the "Non-Free Link" notice in the sidebar. So is it ok to link to the nanohas domain? I'm confused

[Mod edit: I've removed the blog links in the quotes]
Way back when Force first started, Leohart was the first person to have raw links available, I in my googling madness discovered that and posted links, which spread across the web. Word got back to Leohart, who understandably got nervous when his little-known blog became the center of attention for less-than-legal reasons.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 08:39   Link #26573
Kallen4life

agreed, Hayate/Reinforce works as much for me as NanoFate does .. in fact, I realistically could believe only H/R & Hayate/Yuuno .. Signum & Shamal seems kinda wrong (besides, Signum/Shamal is popular .. or Fatenum YEAH) and Vita is, well, jailbait =/ .. though Hayate/Vita would probably the third best Hayate pairing for me

Zafira is either forgotten (poor guy) or with Arf

thanks for the editing
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 11:12   Link #26574
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Hmm...

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2010-12-12 at 11:45. Reason: Added a second picture.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 12:53   Link #26575
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Hmm...

Behold ....The HASERITTER! ("Bunny Riders" according to the Google German traductor xD).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 13:51   Link #26576
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hey, Hayate/Reinforce is canon, since they did have a child together. ;p
Joking nature behind that logic aside, parenting the same child doesn't necessarily mean those people are a couple.

Also, considering Eins was dead when Rein was 'concieved' would make Hayate a necrophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Actually, Hayate/Eins is a lot more appropriate than Hayate/any of the Wolkies, because if you look at it pragmatically, the Wolkies are creations of the Book of Darkness, i.e. Reinforce's children. By adopting them, Hayate has attained familial status equal to that of Eins. Add to this the fact of Rein Zwei's "birth" and you get a pretty clear picture that the relationship between Hayate and Eins is not a parent-child like with with the Wolkies but that of equal partners, if not outright couple.
I don't think so. Heck, Rienforce (in book form) was actually acting like the family pet, even more so than Zafira! This was only shown in the manga/sound stages, though.

Otherwise, when Reinforce was going to kill herself, Hayate tried to stop her by pulling the mother card and acted like she was scolding a disobediant child.

And then there's the fact that Hayate's contact with the actual Reinforce only amounts to maybe not even an hour!

While the Wolkenritter were a part of the book, I don't think they were made by the book. They were probably made along side the book by whoever made it in the first place. The Wolkies had treated Reinforce as another one of their comrades, not their mother. Strictly speaking, Reinforce is the administrator program rather than the actual book itself so all of them are basically programs loaded onto the same computer.

Finally, Reinforce still called Hayate 'Master', and therefore it's impossible for them to be equal partners.

Anyways, think what you want, of course, but I still don't approve of that idea

Old 2010-12-12, 14:42   Link #26577
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Hmmm, am I the only one who thinks that red suits Fate? Maybe it has something to do with her eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Behold ....The HASERITTER! ("Bunny Riders" according to the Google German traductor xD).
Actually, it's "Hasenritter", just like "Wolkenritter" = "Wolke" + "Ritter". Yeah, German word building can be confusing at times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Also, considering Eins was dead when Rein was 'concieved' would make Hayate a necrophiliac
Is anything wrong? It's Hayate the Memetic Molester we are talking about here. As long as it had boobs at some point, Hayate won't get such trivial matters as death get in her way.

Quote:
Finally, Reinforce still called Hayate 'Master', and therefore it's impossible for them to be equal partners.
That only shows that Hayate is wearing pants in that relationship. You really need to hear what Fate calls Nanoha during their... private sessions.
Old 2010-12-12, 15:01   Link #26578
Kallen4life

Hayate would be wearing the pants in any relationship, methinks
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:07   Link #26579
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Hmmm, am I the only one who thinks that red suits Fate? Maybe it has something to do with her eyes...

I think being a nascar driver in general, suits Fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen
Even over Nanoha? That's debatable.
Meanwhile, Fate puts on her leash and collar...
Old 2010-12-12, 15:13   Link #26580
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
If she's in a good mood, neither person's likely wearing the pants.

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw