AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-28, 15:42   Link #541
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
12話はランカのビッグ-カウンターアタックですね。

- Tak
I agree. Poll seems skewed since ep 12 was Ranka's big comeback and introduction of her new single.

edit: sorry for the double post
Old 2008-08-28, 16:24   Link #542
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Eh~ for a leading heroin, #6 is pretty bad.

1. Sheryl Nome
2. Klan Klan
3. Saotome Alto
4. Mikhail Blanc
5. Brera
6. Ranka Lee
But the thing is that she has less than 1/4 the number of votes that Sheryl has and less than half of what Klan has .
Old 2008-08-28, 18:14   Link #543
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Maybe for anime fandom. While I am not active on LJ, I read some of them in the Buffy fandom, mostly the ones of fan-fiction writers. At least that group seems to be an age group of 30+ year old women.
Yeah, I'm not talking about LJ as a whole but any of the anime comms there. Go look at the memes and you'll see what I mean. They are all practically teenagers. Or at least a good deal of them are.
Old 2008-08-31, 22:06   Link #544
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Sheryl has my vote all the way! <3
Old 2008-09-02, 10:07   Link #545
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Sheryl wasn't my favorite character when the series began, but now... I just can't get enough of her. Wow, talk about character development...
Old 2008-09-03, 00:43   Link #546
hirahira
a duck is fine too

wow, it's just amazing how much hate Ranka gets. I don't see what is so uniquely annoying about her. there are lots of other main female characters that are much worse and they don't get that much hate
Old 2008-09-03, 00:54   Link #547
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirahira View Post
wow, it's just amazing how much hate Ranka gets. I don't see what is so uniquely annoying about her. there are lots of other main female characters that are much worse and they don't get that much hate
I´m disliking her in the context of this series, where other people behave much more sensible than a lot of characters in other series.
Old 2008-09-03, 01:13   Link #548
MaiHikari

Quote:
If she was a supporting character with minor screentime, I wouldn't care. But the series has given her lots of screentime and the story also centers around her and her past. More importantly (or should I say, annoyingly) is she's got a corner in the love triangle and should she ever gets Alto when someone who's more deserving of his love loves him, it will forever drive home the worst points: (1) the weaker girl gets the guy because she needs protection (2) you don't need to mature when you have love (3) selfishness gets rewarded (4) as long as you're moe, you will receive love regardless of what you do and how irresponsible you are...and the list goes on. It would leave a very sour taste in my mouth when I am such a fan of Kawamori's work.
Old 2008-09-03, 03:53   Link #549
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
MaiHikari stated most of the important facts. I might only add that as a heroine of Macross and as a character that the story is mostly centered around she fails to prove herself worthy of the position as well as importance. Then again, I'm certain that it's a needed point in the series and that someone who represents the 'darker' side is necessary for underlining the shine of others. Divergence is needed in triangles.
Old 2008-09-03, 06:11   Link #550
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
If she was a supporting character with minor screentime, I wouldn't care. But the series has given her lots of screentime and the story also centers around her and her past. More importantly (or should I say, annoyingly) is she's got a corner in the love triangle and should she ever gets Alto when someone who's more deserving of his love loves him, it will forever drive home the worst points: (1) the weaker girl gets the guy because she needs protection (2) you don't need to mature when you have love (3) selfishness gets rewarded (4) as long as you're moe, you will receive love regardless of what you do and how irresponsible you are...and the list goes on. It would leave a very sour taste in my mouth when I am such a fan of Kawamori's work.
Couldn't have said it better. *worship*
Old 2008-09-03, 09:54   Link #551
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
i love the 4th statements in maihikari's post XD
Old 2008-09-03, 23:10   Link #552
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Brera actually has the potential to be the coolest character in Macross F, he just HAS to stop doting on Ranka and following her every whims for no particular reason Does he even know she's his sister or he just feel something special in her?

What a waste.

Blame my bias, but if there must be a triangle in Macross I would prefer Alto/Sheryl/Brera or Alto/Sheryl/Mikhail *sorry Klein* because all three characters are interesting and lovable in different ways and fans would have a harder time choosing a pairing to ship (in that case I wouldn't even be certain whether Alto (should)could win or not ) With this current triangle it's so obvious who's worth rooting for At this point, I see that RankaxAlto fans have reduced greatly and there are others who prefer SherylxAlto but think that RankaxAlto is more probable.
Old 2008-09-03, 23:45   Link #553
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Alto/Sheryl/Cathy.. then we can have pentagon of love headche! Wait.. that would be 6 sided.. If we include GARBobby XD

Imagine the shipping war!

>D
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-04, 21:24   Link #554
Key Board
Carbon

believe it or not, Grace

she's a very good villain

planning, theatricals, creepiness factor

all top notch
Old 2008-09-04, 22:27   Link #555
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

*cough* I would have preferred an Alto/Brera until slutman turned out to be excruciatingly boring. This is possibly the first time in a looonnnggg time that I've gone for a straight coupling full-heartedly.

I wish Brera was the hawtastic villain mastermind who controlled vajiras to destroy the world. Why did he have to degrade so >A>

Grace would have been an awesome villain due to her psycho face....if she wasn't cooped up in a hole 24/7 only to recently venture out to-

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-05, 11:26   Link #556
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
gah..sheryl still needs to have another 30 votes to reach 200..whereas ranka only needs 18 more to reach 100....
c'mon sheryl fans...show us ur loyality!!
Old 2008-09-05, 12:35   Link #557
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Grace taking hold of her "DESPAIR and NIGHTMARES" was awesome. XD She's never looked hawtter. <3 Or creepier...
Old 2008-09-11, 04:14   Link #558
Westlo
Lets be reality

Let's see, latest 2ch poll Sheryl was dominating Ranka with 800+ votes to 500+. In Korean BestMoe news Sheryl progresses to the final 32. In Saimoe Sheryl lost to Clannads Tomoyo but Ranka progressed to the next round against easier comp, but she's going to get smashed by the White Devil in Nanoha in the next stage.
Old 2008-09-11, 06:55   Link #559
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleaFeng View Post
Grace taking hold of her "DESPAIR and NIGHTMARES" was awesome. XD She's never looked hawtter. <3 Or creepier...
"Hope and Dreams" vs "Despair and Nightmares" anybody know their actually size? that would be an awesome match!
Old 2008-09-12, 15:28   Link #560
Danish78
Thread Lurker

When's the next poll? Bridge bunnies added please! I've wanted to vote for Lum/Lam/Ram since her 1st appearance.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite