AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: When you think "critic", which definition first comes to mind?
a person who is professionally engaged in the analysis and interpretation of works of art 42 32.31%
anyone who expresses a reasoned judgment of something 58 44.62%
someone who frequently finds fault or makes harsh and unfair judgments 22 16.92%
other (please describe) 8 6.15%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-09, 05:53   Link #121
Sides

A critic is someone who envy other people's creativity or effort. Instead of trying to do something themselves, they shit talk and evaluate other people's work. In some rare cases, they hype a product, but that is only because they get paid for it or due to pressure from a specific group.

So me a critic? Hell no, but i don't mind getting paid to throw shit at someone or doing some PR work.
Personally I don't think that sharing ones opinion makes one a critic, especially you post it on a discussion forum. To me it is the same as if you talk about it with people about a subject in a pub. The only difference is that it is global or mega pub.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 06:05   Link #122
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
A critic is someone who envy other people's creativity or effort. Instead of trying to do something themselves, they shit talk and evaluate other people's work.
I think you're making some pretty strong generalizations here. What's wrong with evaluating other people's work; especially if said work is being offered to consumers in exchange for their hard earned cash?
Old 2011-10-09, 06:10   Link #123
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I think you're making some pretty strong generalizations here. What's wrong with evaluating other people's work; especially if said work is being offered to consumers in exchange for their hard earned cash?
Nothing, in that case you would be a critic.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 12:42   Link #124
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Do I consider yourself an "Anime Critic"?

Well, NOT really because some people will disagree & start having a flame wars for some reasons IF I do some reviews of it even they posted some sorta word like 'Haters Gonna Hate'.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-10-10 at 00:40.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 17:41   Link #125
ArrowSmith

I am definitely NOT a critic. I watch anime to enjoy it - not dissect it like a frog and examine all the innards.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 00:49   Link #126
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
I am definitely NOT a critic. I watch anime to enjoy it - not dissect it like a frog and examine all the innards.
Agreed, just like movies & video games which it used to be enjoy it rather than review it (like Gamespot, IGN & Rotten Tomatoes) which it's pointless.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 22:41   Link #127
Puddingman

Quote:
Agreed, just like movies & video games which it used to be enjoy it rather than review it (like Gamespot, IGN & Rotten Tomatoes) which it's pointless.
I've found an approach that if I don't like something then it's not for me, but for other people. There were even times when I listened to a particular CD, didn't like it, listened to it a few months later and loved it. Having interest in something depends on your mind frame at the time as well as preferences. And also in regards to critiquing anime there's the old, "I'm not a visual artist and can't do anything amazing like that" so why snub someone's work if it doesn't appeal to me, it's kinda selfish I think.

Tags
critic, anime, meta, discussion