AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-14, 21:04   Link #421
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Aoi Usagi View Post
True, but if take the sharingan, why not take the whole body with you?
this is a manga thread, but in case you are an anime only fan, i'll say this: i dont think that someone interested in the sharingans power, going around collecting sharingan of dead uchiha is out of bounds for this story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelmonster View Post
The one side of his face was crushed by a boulder....Kakashi took his other eye. how is it his Sharingan if it was crushed? Repair-crushed-eye no Jutsu?
if you believe his eye was crushed, i wont argue. however, im not convinced...
Old 2011-04-15, 01:18   Link #422
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
this is a manga thread, but in case you are an anime only fan, i'll say this: i dont think that someone interested in the sharingans power, going around collecting sharingan of dead uchiha is out of bounds for this story...

if you believe his eye was crushed, i wont argue. however, im not convinced...
Not if they didn't have a body in the first place, though. Or at least their body was starting to get innadequate. Ex: Orochimaru.

The main problem I have with Madara is that 1; he's suppose to be ancient and unless he found the way to keep himself young forever or found the jutsu of eternal youth, he's gonna need to start body hopping. And when Kakashi and Rin left, Obito was still alive. Near dying, but still alive. With the right medic I'm sure he could've been saved/spared to some degree, although one side of his body was smushed.
Tsuki Aoi Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 12:13   Link #423
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
I know this is completely irrelevant to this page, but I was thinking about the coffin that Kabuto showed Madara that we didn't see. I'm beginning to think that the body in the coffin is Madara's actual body since he did state that he is a mere shell of his former self. Maybe I'm thinking too hard. What do you guys think?
Spoiler for person in the coffin revealed:
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 10:22   Link #424
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
Anime watchers get lots of information before we do just from the animation.

In the latest anime episode, when you see Madara detach his right arm, you clearly see Zetsu-like white stuff coming out of it instead of blood. Because it's his right arm, I'm still going with my belief that Madara took Obito's body, used Zetsu parts to fix the crushed side but uses Obito's right Sharingan for the purposes of battle.

It seems like every MS is unique with unique capabilities based on the person or family (else why wouldn't Kakashi develop Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi) and Madara's dimensional transfer is almost exactly like Kakashi's MS ability. If Madara was able to use the same MS abilities, Zetsu wouldn't have spoken of Amaterasu like it's something he's never seen before.

So the soul is Madara, the shell is Obito with OEM from Autozone Zetsu part replacements, the right Sharingan is Obito's and the bulk of Sharingans he has are to replace the left eye. I think the dimensional transfer is such a powerful jutsu that Madara wouldn't dare replace his right eye with Izanagi.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 10:36   Link #425
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
In the latest anime episode, when you see Madara detach his right arm, you clearly see Zetsu-like white stuff coming out of it instead of blood.
If that's the case that "Zetsu's Love Child" option in the polls might actually be closer to the truth than we first expected...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 10:54   Link #426
Kallen4life

.. in ch. 536 (translation anyway) Zetsu called the guy in the mask Tobi, not Madara .. I mean, maybe it's nothing, but .. why ?

.. there is no Madara perhaps ? the Madara is a lie ^^

frankly I think there's a good chance of a twist (because twists are shocking !) about Tobi =/= Madara (something else happened .. or it just never was Madara), but I have trouble coming up with a decent non-asspull theory & identity, that won't create (too many) holes or won't be just silly

I suppose the simplest might be that it's the brother and Madara kicked the bucket long ago (although when - in the exchanging of the eyes .. or post Valley battle) and brother dearest for some reason is impersonating him, but ... dunno .. won't change that much either, what do we care if it's one brother or the other
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by james0246; 2011-04-22 at 10:14.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 09:38   Link #427
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If that's the case that "Zetsu's Love Child" option in the polls might actually be closer to the truth than we first expected...
Yeah it iwas weird the anime had whtie stuff come out of the arm...mayve it is just a white Zetsu that store all of the Chakra Zetsu eats up? And he is using the Sharingan and Nagato's eye now?

Zetsu could be the Ten Tails conciousness :-o, that is why Tobi/Madara is trying to get them all back together!
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 10:13   Link #428
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I suppose the simplest might be that it's the brother and Madara kicked the bucket long ago (although when - in the exchanging of the eyes .. or post Valley battle) and brother dearest for some reason is impersonating him, but ... dunno .. won't change that much either, what do we care if it's one brother or the other
It's cyclical. Madara, after acquiring the EMS, decides to combat Senjuu at the VotE. Madara loses and dies, but Izuna, Madara's brother, retakes the eyes, and vows vengeance on the nation and world that destroyed his brother (ala Sasuke (it always has to tie back in to Sasuke and Naruto)), or something to that effect...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 10:26   Link #429
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's cyclical. Madara, after acquiring the EMS, decides to combat Senjuu at the VotE. Madara loses and dies, but Izuna, Madara's brother, retakes the eyes, and vows vengeance on the nation and world that destroyed his brother (ala Sasuke (it always has to tie back in to Sasuke and Naruto)), or something to that effect...
I'm not completely dismissing your theorie, however would it not be more plausible that Izuna used madara for this experiment he mentions x chapters ago.

Thus Izuna wanted his brother to fight the 1st hokage for some experiment. Madara either agreed with it (felt guilty about taking out the eyes of his brother) or was fooled into it (Izuna being tobi makes him a good manipulator).

My guess as to what the experiment could be is that he tried to have the rinnegan (or other sage of the six paths like power) to activate during that battle, but shit hit the fan and everything went wrong.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 17:39   Link #430
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Izuna would be about as old as Madara... seriously, if it can be Izuna then it can be Obito, too. It's just as sane as it's ridiculous.
Old 2011-04-25, 01:23   Link #431
Cari-san

He's Madara, right?
Cari-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 09:48   Link #432
HasuMasu
*Artist

i figured it out:

madara's true identity...

...is kiba

kiba is actually older than we thought

he survived by using the same technique kakuzu did

he's actually a super-puppet master

he's controlling akamaru

his "parents"

and madara's body

he also has similar abilities to charles from code geass, you know, memory changing ones

*ahem*

i find it unlikely, no, downright ridiculous that he is obito, could be his eyes, but obito himself?

that's like saying kira wasn't light yagami, but actually ash ketchum

that's how different they are

damn

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2011-04-28 at 02:37.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 14:09   Link #433
Im_A_MoP

Thanks James . lol now im here to tell u that madara is tobi and tobi is madara . see what had happened was...... Madara starts losing to the 1st hokage .....then he uses izanagi to stave off his imminent death . Well, since he lost one eye he knows he cant win so he runs away and hides . This is whyy he only had one eye bcuz izanagi takes it away from the user . i think......
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 16:34   Link #434
Sage6pathz
Ninpou Bankai

Location: Norridgewock Maine moving to maryland in the summer though.
Send a message via AIM to Sage6pathz
It is in fact Madara as Danzou confirms it by saying his name when he says i need to save enough energy to fight Madara via episode 210. While having his eyes fixed on "Tobi".
Sage6pathz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 07:00   Link #435
mrShady

Just because Danzou says something does not make it the truth.
We can only deduce from it that this Madara has not changed since the uchiha slaughter.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 07:03   Link #436
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Fools! You're all wrong! Tobi is iBot!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 04:13   Link #437
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

It's the Black Reaper Bk-201
Old 2011-05-21, 11:56   Link #438
Elemento

I bet Kishimoto himself do not know who is Tobi yet.
Old 2011-05-22, 13:03   Link #439
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

When it's revealed, it'll be some woman with blonde long hair and big breasts... uh, could it be Tsunade's cousin?
Old 2011-05-22, 19:08   Link #440
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
When it's revealed, it'll be some woman with blonde long hair and big breasts... uh, could it be Tsunade's cousin?
forget cousin, i'm going with tsunade zetsu clone

Tags
tobi