AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 00:17   Link #1
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

Two-mix

I was recently out surfing on the net and listened to some web radio. Suddenly I heard a song that just stunned me. It was TWO-MIX’s Truth and it right there and then became my absolute favourite song. I locked into it and I was rather surprised when I found out that TWO-MIX in fact was the band most of the music in one of my favourite animes Gundam Seed. Now I’m a big fan of TWO-MIX and I have even got one of their CDs (man that was hard to get). Now I would just like to ask if there is some one else that likes TWO-MIX or has another Japanese band that you really like?
Lancer McCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 01:33   Link #2
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Two Mix never did music for Gundam Seed. It was Gundam Wing. And actually Truth ~ A Great Detective in Love ~ is the 5th opening theme for Detective Conan. Two-Mix is an ok group. Actually, Takayama Minami does a lot of seiyuu work as well (she voices Edogawa Conan among other things).
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 01:56   Link #3
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

Ouuups... I actually knew it was Gundam Wing not Seed, I’m sorry. I didn’t know however that Truth was an opening theme so I guess I must check out Detective Conan. Is it any good?
Old 2003-12-12, 02:20   Link #4
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Whoo!! Im also a Two-Mix fan!! I first heard them on the gundam wing singles colection. Yeah, all the songs kinda sound the same but theyre so damn catchy! And Just Communication never gets old. Oh the energy!!! I feel it!

Has anyone ever heard of Garnet Crow?..they also have an OP song on Detective Conan! Theyre my favorite j-pop group
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:26   Link #5
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Continuing along this line, the lead singer for Two-Mix also did the voice of Dilandau in Escaflowne. I'm fairly sure she's done many more in addition.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:57   Link #6
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Continuing along this line, the lead singer for Two-Mix also did the voice of Dilandau in Escaflowne. I'm fairly sure she's done many more in addition.
There is a great home page where you can lockup anime and for example se their vice actors.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

To se what productions Minami Takayama has parted in go here.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=845

Found this home page recently, really useful.
Old 2003-12-12, 06:43   Link #7
Tboz

I hate to say this... but its just my opinion of Two-Mix...

I was every impressed with the songs that Two-Mix did for Gundam Wing, so I went to get Super Best Files 1995 ~ 1998 which is a compilation of their best singles. Once past the first two tracks that were featured in Gundam Wing, the rest of the album failed to make any impression on me. They all sound alike to the first few tracks in the album.

The 1st opening to Gundam Seed was done by T.M.Revolution, though his songs are just as formulaic, they are more catchy and much better. I know cuz I have his albums too.

See-saw however is in another league of their own. The few songs I heard from them so far are all very classy and distinct. Every new song is a whole new experience from the previous one. Well recommended.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 13:12   Link #8
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
I hate to say this... but its just my opinion of Two-Mix...

I was every impressed with the songs that Two-Mix did for Gundam Wing, so I went to get Super Best Files 1995 ~ 1998 which is a compilation of their best singles. Once past the first two tracks that were featured in Gundam Wing, the rest of the album failed to make any impression on me. They all sound alike to the first few tracks in the album.

The 1st opening to Gundam Seed was done by T.M.Revolution, though his songs are just as formulaic, they are more catchy and much better. I know cuz I have his albums too.

See-saw however is in another league of their own. The few songs I heard from them so far are all very classy and distinct. Every new song is a whole new experience from the previous one. Well recommended.
I guess, I can see what you're saying but I wouldn't be as harsh on Two Mix as you are, Tboz. I have their 7th Anniversary Best album and it's pretty decent and catchy. Naked Dance and Truth -A Great Detective of Love are two particularly cool ones.

I can't speak on T.M. Revolution, but yeah, I agree See-Saw is in a league of its own. I love their stuff.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 13:38   Link #9
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
I guess, I can see what you're saying but I wouldn't be as harsh on Two Mix as you are, Tboz. I have their 7th Anniversary Best album and it's pretty decent and catchy. Naked Dance and Truth -A Great Detective of Love are two particularly cool ones.

I can't speak on T.M. Revolution, but yeah, I agree See-Saw is in a league of its own. I love their stuff.
Hmm... I guess I sound abit harsh, but I really like Just Communication and Rhythm Emotion though. I was quite disappointed that I didn't like the album as much.
Old 2003-12-12, 14:25   Link #10
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

You don't like White Reflection? That's a pretty good song. The animated music video for that one is pretty good as well. It features the two of them going across America searching for this globe of light and they end up on this floating music platform singing the song out in the desert or something... ^_^

Garnet Crow is another popular group yes, they have done more than one song for Detective Conan.
7th Opening - Mysterious Eyes
10th Ending - Natsu no Maboroshi
14th Ending - Yume Mita Ato de
18th Ending - Kimi to iu Hikari

Detective Conan is a pretty damn good show IMO, it's one of the top rated Animes in Japan. It's very long though, it's currently at ep 344 in Japan (ep 345 won't be on until Jan/04 tho, with their usual New Year Special which is going to be 2 hours or 2.5 hours i think this time) and it has 7 movies. It also has the most opening/ending themes I know of for an anime series (barring the other two massively old series that still run in Japan - Chibi-Maruko-chan, and Sazae-chan, and maybe perhaps Doraemon too), but it has 13 opening themes and 18 ending themes. That's a lot... ^_^

Garnet Crow also did the opening theme for Pata Pata Hikosen no Boken - "Naked Story".
Old 2003-12-12, 15:22   Link #11
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Yeah, I love Detective Conan. I used to watch the fansubs before it got licensed.

I guess I'm the odd one. I think Just Communication is the worst song they did. I dunno. Just seems bleh to me. I do love Rythm Emotion, White Reflection, Rythm Generation, though.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 20:56   Link #12
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

Does some one know the name of the Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Movie Theme that i at least presume is done by TWO-MIX? The part in the movie where this track is played gives me goose bumps when I hear it, it’s that good.
Old 2003-12-12, 22:13   Link #13
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I'm not sure which one your talking about in particular...but my favorite one is

White Reflection...just not sure about who did it...
(it's the track that plays when the Heero is in his little space ship and is leaving to fly out to space to meet with his gundam) also plays at the end of the movie...

If that's not the one ask me again and i'll give you all the track names for the OST...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 22:19   Link #14
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Yes, the Endless Waltz theme is White Reflection which is done by Two-Mix
Old 2003-12-13, 07:45   Link #15
Tboz

Yup... White Reflection is on my ok list, Just Communication and Rhythm Emotion are still my favourites.
Old 2004-04-13, 02:14   Link #16
tokugawa

Interesting Detective Conan trivia, btw:

The singer of Two-Mix is Edogawa Conan's voice actress, but she also voices herself in Detective Conan episodes 81-82 (The Popular Singers Kidnap Case), where Two-Mix has a cameo appearance.
tokugawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 03:45   Link #17
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
The Detective Conan connection is hardly a triv ia
I'm not a fan or an avid listener for that matter or have watched any of the animated series.

Those familiar with the Manga series (I've read up to late volume 30s in books... a few volumes after the Fiery Horse) would know that Aoyama actually drew in a "case' where one of the TWO-MIX gets abducted, and the subsequent adventures ensuing. I wasn't familiar with J-Pop when I read the "case" (a couple years ago) so I actually thought they just made up the name of the duo

EDIT: Ah... so they did that in the Animated Series too? You posted when I was writing the manga connection
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 08:43   Link #18
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I like Two-mix very much, I got a couple of thier cds, and a VHS tape, but the tape just had abstract animation rather than actual videos.

My favorite thing I have is a video on my computer, it's animated and it is kind of a Close encounters thing where they travel across the US from New York to Devils Tower. Pittifully right now I can't remember the song I thing it is White Reflection.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 09:00   Link #19
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Yes, there was an animated music video for White Reflection. That's what you're talking about.
Old 2004-04-13, 09:50   Link #20
ShinDragon

Endless Waltz OVA version's theme = White Reflection
Endless Waltz Movie version's theme = Last Impression
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote