AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-20, 20:28   Link #1
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 20

This is a thread to discuss High School DxD Light Novel Volume 20.

Please stay on-topic and discuss what happens in this volume.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Volume 20:

Release date - July 18th (spoilers July 17th onwards)

Title - Belial of Career Consultation

Short summary/teaser 1 - Phenex sibling's life and death situation are unknown. Rizevim's trap is closing in on Ophis!?

The Phenex siblings who suddenly disappeared from the game venue. With their whereabouts still unknown, the Occult Research Club becomes restless over the issue. At such a time, the DxD Team are informed of the irregularity occurring inside the pro league of the Rating Game.

Short summary/teaser 2 - ......you're bullying Asia-tan!

The despicable trap of Rizevim Lucifer bares its fangs towards the Hyoudou Residence. Nothing but selfless love can save them from this big crisis!!

Translation -

Current translator - zxzxzx

Original translator - n0m@n

Project page - Baka-Tsuki

Official Preview -

Spoiler:

Cover -

Spoiler:

Spoilers - Coming Soon

I'll probably update this post with the spoilers once v20's actually out. Keep the info organized and stuff.

Speculate away, fellow DxD fans!

Last edited by Gary29; 2015-07-08 at 12:06.
Gary29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 20:29   Link #2
Archilla

Hypehypehypehype

Edit: That's probably pointless chatter. So I'll say I'm super excited for the Issei Volume. If it's anything like 10, I'll be over the moon.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 20:39   Link #3
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Finally got the time to read vol 18 and now the wait for vol 19, though being honest, this is the volume that I have been waiting the most. We will be able to know more about the dark world of the devil society and another focus on best girl Ravel if possible.
Old 2015-05-20, 20:41   Link #4
Chichiryuushintei

Thatawkwardmomentwhenyou'retheonewhoaskedforthethr eadbutthendoesn'tknowwhattosayinit.

Ishibumi should stop hanging out with Kubo, his cockteasing skills are getting too good. That summary is more mysterious than a few mystery movies I've seen.

@DOmus: Apparently the focus will be Ise himself this time. I'm not sure how that'll work when even V10 was a Rias focused volume.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-05-20 at 20:53.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 21:02   Link #5
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Thatawkwardmomentwhenyou'retheonewhoaskedforthethr eadbutthendoesn'tknowwhattosayinit.

Ishibumi should stop hanging out with Kubo, his cockteasing skills are getting too good. That summary is more mysterious than a few mystery movies I've seen.

@DOmus: Apparently the focus will be Ise himself this time. I'm not sure how that'll work when even V10 was a Rias focused volume.
My money's on an even split between Ravel and Rias.
Old 2015-05-20, 21:08   Link #6
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:

Maybe this time we will get to see his PoV of many things regarding hell and how he will have to deal or even change(regarding Rg and politics) when the time comes for him to start his family there. There is a chance that we get to see an Issei more focused in a real future for him and his girls/friends/etc.
Old 2015-05-20, 21:20   Link #7
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Maybe this time we will get to see his PoV of many things regarding hell and how he will have to deal or even change(regarding Rg and politics) when the time comes for him to start his family there. There is a chance that we get to see an Issei more focused in a real future for him and his girls/friends/etc.
I can see him reflecting about RGs, his peerage/harem, as well as his future, but politics?! He never showed any interest in taking part on such matters.
Old 2015-05-20, 21:22   Link #8
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
I can see him reflecting about RGs, his peerage/harem, as well as his future, but politics?! He never showed any interest in taking part on such matters.
By politics I meant the thing regarding the old faction, like the ancestor of Rias or other characters from another era that somehow are related to him.
Old 2015-05-20, 21:29   Link #9
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
By politics I meant the thing regarding the old faction, like the ancestor or Rias or other characters from another era that somehow are related to him.
I assume this ancestor you're talking about is Zekrum Bael? Yeah, I can see him think/reflect about what that guy talked in V18, after all he already has some knowledge of the old costumes in general, since he had hellish lessons with Venelana and the promotion test required knowledge about the Devil's society/culture.

Rias is from his era, she's only 1 year older than him.
Old 2015-05-20, 21:32   Link #10
iNoto

I can't really wait to read vol 19 and 20, best girl of the LN ravel.

First page hype.
Old 2015-05-20, 21:33   Link #11
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Ancestor of Rias* I know she is from Issei's generation.
Old 2015-05-20, 21:36   Link #12
Archilla

So here's my wish list for v20:

-Issei getting some serious reflection on his future
-Kicking Diehauser's face in
-Back to the old number of illustrations
-Issei freaking figuring out he's Rias' fiancée/a legit, decent length tender scene between them
-Issei's parents finding out about him. It's time.
-Moar Sairaorg. Up that bromance
-Teasing/Reveal of some GR/Ophis powers
-AN EXPLICIT, CLEAR SPEED FEAT ERMAHGAWD
-Le Fay getting a little love
-Vali getting a decent shot at Riz
Old 2015-05-20, 21:37   Link #13
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Ancestor of Rias* I know she is from Issei's generation.
Ah, OK. Sorry then.

@GDK1:

- That's a given actually, if there isn't anything of this nature, I'll be really disappointed

- Not sure if it'll be now, maybe in the final fight against Qlippoth.

-V19 already had a decent amount so I don't see why not, unless Miyama-san is sick again.

-Venelana is doing her best to hide it from him, so I don't think we'll get it until the story gets to March/April. The other one would be nice though.

-I'm against the idea.

-I agree, but Ise cries in despair. lol

-Totally agree.

-LOL

- There's no such thing as too much Le Fay.

- I think that's more fitting for V21, since it's very likely to focus on Vali. But since 20 was originally his volume it'd be cool to have some hint/foreshadowing about it.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-05-20 at 22:02.
Old 2015-05-20, 22:09   Link #14
B214

I still wish that Diehauser challenges the Rias to a Rating Game (hey since DxD are informed about the pro league RG, they might go and investigate on it, plus i never said it needs to be official) then Rias and her team gets trashed. Then after this lost, Rias' team focuses on teamwork base move.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 22:13   Link #15
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I still wish that Diehauser challenges the Rias to a Rating Game (hey since DxD are informed about the pro league RG, they might go and investigate on it, plus i never said it needs to be official) then Rias and her team gets trashed. Then after this lost, Rias' team focuses on teamwork base move.
Why would Rias accept a game that's not official when she knows she'll be crushed completely?
Old 2015-05-20, 22:14   Link #16
Archilla

Quote:
That's been mentioned before, and it feels like a waste of time to trot back out the same sentiment as the Sitri fight.
Old 2015-05-20, 22:23   Link #17
B214

Quote:
Why would Rias accept a game that's not official when she knows she'll be crushed completely?
Well maybe Diehauser can make fun of the Phenex Siblings like saying how their "final" moments are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
That's been mentioned before, and it feels like a waste of time to trot back out the same sentiment as the Sitri fight.
Kinda different for me, back then it was merely between youngsters without much battle experience but if they fight against Diehauser they might get to experience a team with sufficient battle experience and might even have a better teamwork than them. Think about it, the Gremory team has never up till now faced as enemy that works efficiently as a team.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 22:25   Link #18
Archilla

Quote:
Well maybe Diehauser can make fun of the Phenex Siblings like saying how their "final" moments are.

Kinda different for me, back then it was merely between youngsters without much battle experience but if they fight against Diehauser they might get to experience a team with sufficient battle experience and might even have a better teamwork than them.
It just feels like the stakes have been raised past that already. They're not going to get better experience than the battlefield from now on. It's not like Diehauser is stronger than Riz.

Edit: Also, honestly I don't feel like reading 2 Lifes dedicated to the ORC getting stomped, and then reading another Life about them mumbling "We need to be better teammates." Feels like a waste. Nothing comes out of it than the same sentiment as the Phenex game, the Sitri game, the first Loki fight, the Kyoto fight, and on and on and on...
Old 2015-05-20, 22:30   Link #19
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

Kinda different for me, back then it was merely between youngsters without much battle experience but if they fight against Diehauser they might get to experience a team with sufficient battle experience and might even have a better teamwork than them.
Rias is not that immature. He's as strong as a Maou and we don't know even one of his servants. She knows she can't beat him now and would be just OOC to accept a fight that's lost before it started.

She's been fighting terrorists for more than half a year, and all of their opponents (minus grunts) were pretty experienced themselves.
Old 2015-05-20, 22:37   Link #20
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

If we're talking about v20 wishlists, here's mine:

-Some sort of a fight between the Gremory group and Belial/his group. It doesn't have to be an official Rating Game (although it would be cool if Team DxD investigated the irregularities in the pro leagues undercover, perhaps with other members like Dulio), but I want to see Belial get beat up for what he did to Ravel, even if it's for an instant and they lose in the end. It could even incorporate what B was talking about, using this instance as motivation to improve on teamwork even more and beat them next time.
-Ise realizing that he already has a harem/already has reached that goal (which could also cause him to re-evaluate his peerage plans once again)
-Rias or Azazel bringing up the question of Ise's feelings for the other girls, leading to a confession of equal love for all of them.
-Ise getting LAID. It's far-off for your typical harem, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ishibumi ends the volume on that scene (avoiding the age restriction issue).
-Some development with Ravel (maybe a kiss? dunno, everyone else seems to be getting one)
-Development between Crom Cruach and Ise. One of my theories is that he blames himself for what happened to Ravel and that in an effort to get even stronger he goes off on a training session with Tannin and Crom in the mountains. Dragon-party!
-More Le Fay, more Bennia, more Kunou, WE NEED IT.
-More Koneko, she hasn't had a major scene with him in a whiiile.
-I think it's about time we see Rossweisse and Le Fay trying to help Ise learn magic. Or at least, them working on their contract together.
-Awakening of GR/Ophis powers. It's been teased forever, most recently in v19, and I wanna know what abilities he'll get.

I'm honestly excited as fuck for this volume, what with it being an Ise volume and all. As soon as the page is up on CDJapan I'm pre-ordering it.