AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 18 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 26.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 12.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 24.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-08, 08:39   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally, this boring arc comes to an end. Everything was so lame, save for Oriana's tits. More magic next week? Oh noes! My, my, I wonder if Touma will punch a girl again by the end of this arc (after lecturing her with one of his long-winded speech, of course).
Old 2011-01-08, 08:42   Link #62
hai_san

Well the end/conclusion of this arc was rather anticlimatic, the fight was lame and about Lidvia/Oriana we dont get any infos or whatever their backgrounds is.

Only good point if this ep ist "Why does Touma help people? He does for himself because is it his happyness!"
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 08:51   Link #63
gaboratamer

My review is simple as this:
A good conclusion for one of the worst arcs.
gaboratamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 11:05   Link #64
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Great episode, though the preview for the next episode made me feel pretty disappointed. Granted, I can't be sure if my prediction will come to pass until I see it, but it seems like I shouldn't expect any Misaka/KurokoxTouma interaction, or any battles involving them to occur during the upcoming events taking place in Italy. Seriously, my only major issue with this series in general is a lack of opportunities to see either of those two girls team up with Touma to fight magic users. If this season can deliver in that regard at least once, I'll be satisfied.
They don't have any reason to be involved since they are espers.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 11:16   Link #65
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Good episode all around, I so lol at Stiyl's epic faceplant

TBH I found it a tad anticlimatic about how the whole thing ended but meh it's something a little different. AC does put up a very nice light show thats for sure.

The plane scene was I gotta say abit funny but that Lidvia is rather creepy, the sudden creepy smile and eyes that appear briefly was

I liked the little bit at the end with Fukiyose walking in on Touma and seeing him naked, abit of karma and irony for ya
Old 2011-01-08, 12:06   Link #66
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Last I've checked, some people said the same thing about Daihaiseisai, so it's better to not make too many promises like that.

Too much of an expectation would only lead to disappointments Just take the show as it is.
Tsk....their problem really...why bother trying to satisfy everyone when you can't.

On topic. Daihaseisai Night Parade is fucking beautiful....always so moving this scene Seiri and co screwing over Lidvia's plans.

And this ep also shows why I love Laura to bits despite me not really digging the Anglicans much.

Well up next is Chioggia...

Quote:
but missing background information on the most crucial part of their plan and to something so obviouse? That's too much
You forget that Lidvia is hardly sane and doesn't think anything of a festival run by a bunch of kids...
Old 2011-01-08, 12:15   Link #67
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

The chilling Aeroplane scene made the episode for me personally, as it accurately and realistically (if you don't put the magic into the equation) illustrated just how sanctimonious and hypocritical BOTH Protestants and Catholics can be.

They may talk the talk about loving and caring for your fellow human beings, but as illustrated by the poor pilot who was just there, the Christian faith is more than willing to callously and casually sacrifice a "lamb" or two to conslidate their power (Catholics), or simply just to make a point (Protestants).

Never thought would be creeped out by Kawasumi Ayako's sweet "Mahoromatic" voice... until this scene.
Old 2011-01-08, 12:31   Link #68
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
You know i was spoiled of this arc ending without even realizing it.
I was reading a fan comic where Touma and class win the sports festival and defeating Tokiwadai but it also mention magicians were involve, but Touma didn't care as their plan was gonna fail anyway. Reading that part i was like "That's weird and lucky for Touma. He wins the festival, badguys lose from the start and he doesn't have to get involve."

But when i watch this episode, only then did realize what the fan comic was talking about.

There were two parts that i like about this episode. The freefall scene with Lidvia and Aisa being visited by Touma. Awwww.
Do you have a link for that web comic?
Old 2011-01-08, 12:44   Link #69
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Do you have a link for that web comic?
Here it is.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/2125
Old 2011-01-08, 12:56   Link #70
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I liked Railgun but I'm having trouble adjusting to this series.

I mean yes these guys could be considered superhuman and such but if one of my partners or friends was lying in a large pool of blood I'd be more focused on finishing the fight than preaching the hundredth time about morals.

And this arc went for 6 episodes and for what? All that bloodshed and fighting all for naught? Seemed like a big cop-out to me.

And does this series hate woman? I've lost count of how many girls are getting punched here and there

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2011-01-08 at 13:22. Reason: Corrected
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:07   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

I mean yes these guys could be considered superhuman and such but if one of my partners or friends was lying in a large pool of blood I'd be more focused on finishing the fight than preaching the hundredth time about morals.

And this arc went for 6 episodes and for what? All that bloodshed and fighting all for naught? Seemed like a big cop-out to me.

And does this series hate woman? I've lost count of how many girls are getting punched and killed here.
No one actually died yet you know....
Old 2011-01-08, 13:21   Link #72
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Which is weird given the amount of bloodshed flying around. I mean I'm pretty sure if a person exploded with blood the shock would kill them or falling from an airplane, etc.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:22   Link #73
tsunade666

the sisters died. Like almost 10 000 of them got butchered. And a lot more will be butchered in the near future. It will get bloody.

The series doesn't hate women and the anime needs more blood and gore. The wounds on touma is really lacking and standing their giving an epic speech but on your background is bloody Styl also doesn't help much on it.

It's a good thing that the night parade was awesome.
Old 2011-01-08, 14:26   Link #74
HandofFate

Didn't really like this episode...

It felt rather anti-climatic. The badguy lost because she didn't know about the fireworks....wow.

It was funny watching Oriana take all those punches to the face. XFD.

The end was brutal though. Livia or whoever her name is got seriously pwned.

Next episode looks to be another Outside Academy City arc, which means no Misaka
Old 2011-01-08, 14:28   Link #75
HandofFate

Quote:

And does this series hate woman? I've lost count of how many girls are getting punched here and there
Touma is a feminist, that's why he punches women equally.

Also, whenever he punches a women, he injects his touma seed into them and convert them to his harem.
Old 2011-01-08, 14:31   Link #76
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Touma gives another person his falcon punch demonstration, a crazy Catholic nun chooses to save the relic then someone's life which shows how they are willing to risk lives just to achieve their goals. This arc din't really give that much info about things except that a certain group is still crazy.
Old 2011-01-08, 15:58   Link #77
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
And does this series hate woman? I've lost count of how many girls are getting punched and killed here.
When Touma gets involved in a situation, nobody dies. And if a person deserves to be punched, then they deserve to be punched. It doesn't matter what gender they are.

Quote:
Touma gives another person his falcon punch demonstration, a crazy Catholic nun chooses to save the relic then someone's life which shows how they are willing to risk lives just to achieve their goals. This arc din't really give that much info about things except that a certain group is still crazy.
It wasn't stated whether Lidvia chose the cross or the pilot, although she was welcoming him with open arms when she was falling. She might have chosen to try and save both of them, and the crunch sound at the end of that scene might have just been the pilot's body hitting the cross/Lidvia's body.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 16:48   Link #78
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I was wondering: if Index knew she has mana, would she be stronger than a Pope?
I'm asking this question because a couple episodes ago Oriana mistook Deep Blood for a "Index-class magician".
Is a "index-class" magician stronger of weaker than a Pope-class?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:17   Link #79
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Index in John's Pen mode has to be one of the most powerful magicians in the series. Her Dragon's Breath had so much magical power that Touma's hand was bleeding because it couldn't negate it fast enough, and when she tilted back it went into outer space and destroyed the most powerful supercomputer in the world (Tree Diagram) like it was nothing. I'd say her power in that state exceeds even the Pope's.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:32   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

It's not like they're beating up helpless girls, those are villains of the story.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be an issues if the villains were male? No, not even that, it wouldn't be an issue if the ones were girls beating up girls right?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote