AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-17, 09:05   Link #16581
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
And its not restricted to the USA. This "piece of important information" while not the number one headline is still featured on all major german online news sites that I checked today.
Its for all the rubbernecks in the world... oh how I hate these people on the autobahn/highway, most of the time they make accident born traffic jams worse because they are passing the area of the accident extra careful/slow to satisfy their morbid curiosity.
When people ask me what model of car I would want to have, I told them I want an Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

At least it is accident proof if I want to satisfy my morbid curiosity.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-09-17, 09:14   Link #16582
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
When people ask me what model of car I would want to have, I told them I want an Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

Don't thell me than the only reason it isn't a main battle tank is the fuel consumption .
Old 2011-09-17, 09:21   Link #16583
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Don't thell me than the only reason it isn't a main battle tank is the fuel consumption .
It is the roadspeed and the off-urban terrain capability. Plus even with regular parade armour, any vehicle smaller than a lorry would be running into a hunk of metal.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-09-17, 11:06   Link #16584
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Opinions haven't changed much since then, at least on the right here in the US. Trevelyan's remark in particular reminds me of this recent comment from Republican presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann:

It takes a special view about the nature of God to think he/she/it/whatever is concerned about the US budget deficit. What do you suppose that God might think about the Republican debate attendees who agreed we should let uninsured patients die rather than provide decent health care for all?
And yet, "liberaltarian" Ron is not conservative enough for today's Republicans, since he favors gay marriage, wants to trim the Pentagon's bloated budget, and wants to cut down American military presence overseas. Do you think those last two would fall under Bachmann and Perry's definition of "a morbid obesity diet"? He's practically considered the Antichrist on sites like FreeRepublic.com.

While I am tempted to believe that the Texas wildfires and drought are Amaterasu or Haruhi's punishment for one of Rick Perry's favorite pastors claiming the Japanese Emperor, umm, slept with a demon (really) and brought on this year's tsunami (no offense Vexx, really), I would still prefer to leave the fire and brimstone stuff to the Bible-thumpers. Saying the Texas fires are the result of God's wrath will just encourage Them to say the same thing about the floods in liberal Vermont (I think some already have) and any upcoming major earthquakes on the West Coast. All I know is that we live on a dangerous planet and when these things do happen, if we survive, all we can do is dust ourselves off and extend a helping hand to those who need one.
Old 2011-09-17, 12:21   Link #16585
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
but IFV's come in different sizes and weights ranging from 20 to 60 tons.
you'll have to be more specific.
Old 2011-09-17, 13:43   Link #16586
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

As insignificant as the air show crash story may seem (it doesn't need to be front-page news all over the world), it does raise serious issues over safety at air shows, as well as elderly planes.

Like they said, the Galloping Ghost dated back to WW2. And according to its history on this page, it was in storage for almost 20 years...after another crash at that very same air race. This was actually its first real race since that crash in 1988.

I don't think all classic airplanes should be grounded just as I don't think all classic cars should be banished to museums, and we will have to wait until all the facts are in on this before we start making accusations, but it seems to me like there should be more stringent safety guidelines for the restoration of classic planes, especially if they've been grounded for extended periods, and especially if you're, y'know, RACING them.
Old 2011-09-17, 15:30   Link #16587
flying ^

its weird how that Mustang lawndarted without generating a fireball

... running on vapor perhaps?
Old 2011-09-17, 18:18   Link #16588
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

I believe you are looking for a Maurauder. For more information here's a quite informative british automotive show:

Spoiler for quite informative british automotive show:
Old 2011-09-17, 20:03   Link #16589
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Unfortunately, I imagine someone will actually try to market that for civilian use, just like with the Hummer.
Old 2011-09-17, 21:40   Link #16590
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I see a grim future of soccer mums everywhere dominating the road, a truly grim future. But really, that video is epic.
Old 2011-09-17, 22:55   Link #16591
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I see a grim future of soccer mums everywhere dominating the road, a truly grim future. But really, that video is epic.
Just look what happened when a ''hokey mum'' had tried to become vice-president...
Old 2011-09-18, 10:03   Link #16592
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I believe you are looking for a Maurauder. For more information here's a quite informative british automotive show:

It is a vehicle?

I thought it was a powered armour with high-velocity grenade launchers attached!

Nonetheless, it is a good vehicle to have.

Old 2011-09-18, 11:11   Link #16593
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

China company structure under threat
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...78H0SP20110918
Quote:
China's securities regulator is asking the government to clamp down on the controversial corporate structure used by companies such as Sina (SINA.O) and Baidu (BIDU.O) to list overseas, and employed in thousands of other investments by foreigners into domestic Chinese companies, four legal sources told Reuters.
Old 2011-09-18, 11:46   Link #16594
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

That is one sexy piece of military machinery that screams "Don't f**k with me!"
Old 2011-09-18, 12:37   Link #16595
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:

Well, if we are talking about tracked IFVs, I never had the feeling that for example in a Marder you have a particular good/wide view on the street.

Which makes those vehicles actually more accident prone. I've seen how the result looks like when two Marders drive on a dusty road (the second one following very closely) and the first one suddenly hits the breaks. Well, the exit ramp in the back which is meant to withstand mine blasts, bomblets and 20mm APDS rounds, was slightly displaced. Now looks aside... it would not have been too comfy in the passenger area of the Marder... since the door then occupied half of that area.
Old 2011-09-18, 12:40   Link #16596
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Nonetheless, it is a good vehicle to have.
Especially when you want to go shopping.
Old 2011-09-18, 21:48   Link #16597
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Obama urges higher taxes on corporations and wealthy Americans to curb deficit by $3 trillion
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...78G2K320110919
Will probably not happen with the current congress.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:27   Link #16598
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Obama urges higher taxes on corporations and wealthy Americans to curb deficit by $3 trillion
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...78G2K320110919
Will probably not happen with the current congress.
This congress?
It was the last one that extended the Bush tax cuts in the first place.
Americans should be hearing this in their head right now because neither party is going to cut taxes on their largest campaign contributors.

Spoiler for :):
Old 2011-09-18, 23:39   Link #16599
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
This congress?
It was the last one that extended the Bush tax cuts in the first place.
Americans should be hearing this in their head right now because neither party is going to cut taxes on their largest campaign contributors.

Spoiler for :):
You know, the Bush tax cuts got extended because the republicans threatened not to pass unemployment benefits for millions of people. Of course, they sweetened the deal by letting Obama stop don't ask don't tell.

Who knows how they will black mail him next year in order to preserve the tax cuts.

And, unless Obama grows a pair and conducts an efficient media campaign in which he can put all the blame on the republicans for obstruction like Clinton did back in the 90s then there is no way he is getting out of this mess.
Old 2011-09-19, 10:23   Link #16600
james0246

Qwikster: Netflix To Split DVD Service Into New Business

Quote:
In a post on The Netflix Blog that went up Sunday night, the company's CEO, Reed Hastings, announced that Netflix would split its DVD-by-mail service and its streaming-video service into two companies. The new DVD-only company, called "Qwikster," will be completely separate from the streaming business. Hastings also expressed contrition for the way the company rolled out its recent price hike, which alienated many customers.
Additionally, the new Qwikster will have the standard Netflix Blu-Ray upgrade option as well as a new Video Game upgrade option. Prices will stay the same, the only difference is two companies instead of one.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international